Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Black/Tuscan is one of the better color combos.

Nicely done!!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Just saw that too, Sizzle. Here's the link

TAKE NOTE, TX: Those photos are now the new standard bearer for when someone asks us about the difference between brilliant black and phantom black!

Len - mind if I ask how much the job was? I'm almost certainly going to do this when my brilliant black comes in. Especially after seeing my dealer's new BB A5 demo.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TAKE NOTE, TX: Those photos are now the new standard bearer for when someone asks us about the difference between brilliant black and phantom black!
OK, gotcha. :)

That car looks incredible BTW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys.

I am so happy finding a quality detailer in my area.
He does amazing work and its well worth it.
he had told me to not let the dealer touch the car when it got delivered because they would mess it up big time.
Unfortunately, they ended up prepping it for me and after seing how many swirls and scratches were on the car when i got it, I now know why he told me to do so.
It really was amazing how much care, quality time and effort he puts into his work.
the entire detail was $250 and was well worth it.
if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.
take care

Len

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Heheh...I need to pick one thread or the other to respond, but...

Most definitely worth it. And YES, I'm going to be sure to tell them not to deliver prep it - great tip!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Oh please do not let the dealership touch your car. A rinse off with a hose is all I wanted at the most. There were still plenty of smudges and faint scratching from the loading, unloading, moving, etc. that happens to the car before you take delivery.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I just had my vehicle in for 5k service and lo and behold they "washed" it. The shine was gone and there were dirty rag tracks all over the car......:(

When I got there I said "Oh shit you guys washed it?" The service tech had the weirdest look on his face. Guess he never heard that before....:D

I gave her a two bucket wash when I got home and she is back to normal again....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.