Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, some of you may recall that i recently cancelled my order for a 1.8 tfsi as it was taking waaaay to long. Well i have found an ex demo 1.8tfsi Sport in Metor Grey with light grey leather, sat nav with AMI, heated seats, cruise and Xenon Plus with 18" alloys which I can pick up on 23 February!

I have been assured it will have no more than 1,000 miles on the clock and will have been used only on accompanied test drives. Managed to save a bit off list price too :)

So i will post you an in depth explanation when i get it, i know there are a lot of people waiting on a 1.8 (like i was) so I know how you feel!!

Incidentally, if anyone has an accurate pic of Meteor Grey i would be grateful if you could post it, all the ones I have seen look very different to eachother!! also if anyone has a pic of light grey Milano, i would be grateful to have a look.

All this blind-buying is kinda crazy I guess but what the hell!! :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Incidentally, if anyone has an accurate pic of Meteor Grey i would be grateful if you could post it, all the ones I have seen look very different to eachother!! also if anyone has a pic of light grey Milano, i would be grateful to have a look.
Congrats on finding a demo that you like!

As for the Meteor Gray, the reason all the pics look different is because that color varies depending upon how the light is hitting it. So, that's why you'll never find consistency between pictures. I've attached a couple of light gray interior pics for you, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is what Meteor Grey looks like...

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See thats what i mean!! the car can look sooo dark (almost black) but then can look almost blue-ish!! i wonder what it looks like is real life!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you have automatic seats, do the front seats slide forward elctrically or manually? i.e. to allow access to the back seats??

·
Registered
151 Posts
On cloudy days and at dusk it looks like the one in the picture above it does look very dark grey/almost pearlescent black. On bright sunny days it looks like a mid bluey/grey...

I love it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
See thats what i mean!! the car can look sooo dark (almost black) but then can look almost blue-ish!! i wonder what it looks like is real life!!
When you have automatic seats, do the front seats slide forward elctrically or manually? i.e. to allow access to the back seats??
Electrically - one touch button on the should of the front seat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Electrically - one touch button on the should of the front seat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like a really good looking combo AMAN! :D
I agree - I have chosen lighter coloured seats myself if I didn't have 2 year old that kicks the back of the seats!:mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had ordered Phantom Black with Black interior, but I was worried about keeping the black clean, I am a little disspointed about missing out on the 19" Y Spoke alloys and instead getting the stadard "Sport" 18" wheels but i think they look a bit more classy as opposed to mean/sporty.

Also, i notice that light grey almost looks like an off white in the pics! is it really that light?

·
Registered
714 Posts
The light grey is gorgeous. Really classy and makes the car feel more spacious inside. I've got light grey cloth in my current A3 and I love it ... only problem is the rear seat looks like a tramp's bed linen because I've got two young sons. Not making that mistake again so it's black interior for me.

I think you'll love the electric seats - there's a slightly wider range of adjustment over the manual seats (although electric adjustment of the headrest seems a little OTT though). If you're going to have rear passengers I would have thought they were a "must have".

I wouldn't kick yourself over the wheels - my guess (and that's all it is) is that the 18"s will give a gentler ride with less tyre noise than the 19"s (but I'm not a petrol head).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts