Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Relly nice ride alwin :)

Just to clarify, you do not have any spacers installed right?
Your 10 x 20 setup looks great and fills the wheel arches really nice... that's why I was wondering.

I was thinking of going with 11" wide in back but I'm reconsidering if that's really necessary.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Depends on the brand of tires.
Falkens would look the most "stretched" and curved sidewall.

With such an aggressive offset and width, it is not recommended to get a very straight sidewall tire such as Yokohama, Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli etc.

I am using Toyo's.
I've used FK452's for a lot of cars in the past, and decided to try the Toyo Proxes T1R this time around. Is the sidewall as curved as the FK452?

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Relly nice ride alwin :)

Just to clarify, you do not have any spacers installed right?
Your 10 x 20 setup looks great and fills the wheel arches really nice... that's why I was wondering.

I was thinking of going with 11" wide in back but I'm reconsidering if that's really necessary.
No spacers anywhere. If you buy custom forged rims and you still need spacers, something is wrong...then the rims aren't really custom!

· Registered
328 Posts
No spacers anywhere. If you buy custom forged rims and you still need spacers, something is wrong...then the rims aren't really custom!
Ok thanks for the info... I'm still learning the whole thing with spacers and wheel width etc :)
I thought spacers were used to push out the wheels more, but it seems that I've got it all mixed up. Because if you want the wheels to be pushed out more, you just buy wider wheels, right? :D
And maybe if the wheels aren't available at a certain width you adjust it with spacers?

Man I'm confused... I've read too many threads on this matter :mad:

· Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ok thanks for the info... I'm still learning the whole thing with spacers and wheel width etc :)
I thought spacers were used to push out the wheels more, but it seems that I've got it all mixed up. Because if you want the wheels to be pushed out more, you just buy wider wheels, right? :D
And maybe if the wheels aren't available at a certain width you adjust it with spacers?

Man I'm confused... I've read too many threads on this matter :mad:
Custom wheels should have Custom offsets, Custom designed and fitted for your Custom vehicle. So, if you need spacers to push out the wheel more, then the Custom wheel maker failed to do his job.

Widths are not the same as offsets; e.g. you can have a narrower wheel like a 9" but with the right offset, it can sit just as flush with your fender as a 10" wide wheel.

A good combo of both an aggressive offset + wheel width will offer you the most aggressive stance humanly possible.

Hope that helps, tried to explain it as simply as possible.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Custom wheels should have Custom offsets, Custom designed and fitted for your Custom vehicle. So, if you need spacers to push out the wheel more, then the Custom wheel maker failed to do his job.

Widths are not the same as offsets; e.g. you can have a narrower wheel like a 9" but with the right offset, it can sit just as flush with your fender as a 10" wide wheel.

A good combo of both an aggressive offset + wheel width will offer you the most aggressive stance humanly possible.

Hope that helps, tried to explain it as simply as possible.
Not bad Alwin. You're not as dumb as you look......:D

· Registered
470 Posts
Alwin, you seem to know your shit. Can you explain as simply as possible (i'm a retard when it comes to wheels) I'm getting HRE 20" 590r's with 2.5 front/3.5 or 4 in. lip in the rear. I'm also getting 1 in drop coilovers. When i buy my wheels will HRE already know what to do to give my car that aggressive look, with the wheel closer to the fenderline, because I don't crap about this stuff and wouldn't know what to do :confused:

· Registered
198 Posts
hre will definately know.

· Registered
326 Posts
it seems like 265/20/30 all around with 9.5 width is the way to go w/o losing performance. However, the lips will not be as deep at the 275/20/30/10 right? How deep is your wheel's lip alwin? And for those of u who got the 265/20/30/9.5, how deep is yours?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.