Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went out to my car from the house and opened the doors, the leaving home lights and xenon match fogs came on. Imo, (one of the coolest features on the car) two guys were walking past and I heard one of them say "look at that smart car there, its got fairy lights on the front of it". As you can imagine, i wasn't sure if that was a compliment as it's not really macho cool to think your driving round with fairy lights. The other guy replied stating he didn't like them, this surprised me as everyone who has seen the car with the DRL's on have raved over them.
________
1.8tfsi sport
Brill Blk / DRLS With Mods! / Star Silver Leather / Ext & Int light Pack / Bluetooth / Auto folding Ears / Hill Hold / Xenonmatch Fogs / Debadged

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Jealous I reckon.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thats what i thought, but each to there own!!!

1.8tfsi sport
Brill Blk / DRLS With Mods! / Star Silver Leather / Ext & Int light Pack / Bluetooth / Auto folding Ears / Hill Hold / Xenonmatch Fogs / Debadged

·
Registered
45 Posts
my 5 year old niece who saw my car for the first time yesterday said my car looked like a christmas tree because of the DRLs! :)

I have to say that I've had 5 people when leaving the car say to me 'you've left your lights on!' lol:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
:)
I have to say that I've had 5 people when leaving the car say to me 'you've left your lights on!' lol:
Were they 'famous'? This can be a little annoying, but you can alter the timings of the 'coming home' settings if you want to.;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There is always some retards...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Jealous, definitely

Also, one of my friends told me she preferred her asthmatic diesel rust red Rover 45 to my car as it 'looked and sounded nicer' :eek:

Just a case of the green-eyed monster rearing its ugly head.

I've had people tell me i've left my lights on on numerous occasions too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yep had it all......after Clarkson on top gear calling them christmas tree lights.........when I first got my motor and on the run up to getting it, I got loads of stick re le lights........such as a nice car....pitty about the headlights.

Also one joker recons I've fed an LED chrismas light rope under my bonnett and wired it to my battery............See no idead have they.....the battery is in boot:D................so generally those who criticise are those who know f**k all about cars and those who are jealous.

By the way I've had more +ve commetns about the lights than -ve. One of the best design statements of the car IMO. If you dont like them you can turn them off in the MMI anyway:eek:.

G

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
its jealousy in my opinion. Or people who just havn't a clue bout them. I like them. It's nice to know your car has a branding feature...i remember i had the new A4 and my mate said the same thing. 'what an ugly car...what on earth are those lights? make the car a show off!' He's opinion changed when he needed an urgent lift! :D

What status branding do you get on other cars? 'ooo look there comes a new audi' -seen 2miles down the motorway.

Also, they are a much better feature then dipped headlights. They look really sorry looking. These new LED's, imo make the car safer. As its more noticeable, like a hi-viz jacket.

Im happy also audi arn't using the same design with these lights for all their models. On the A4-a wavey line, a5 is like a tick, a3/Q5/S3 upside down tick...etc.

I also remember another friend saying 'i like the mod on your car! Where did you get them?!' lol

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
BMW 335d coupe driver came up to xmas eve at the pumps and complimented me on the car, had just cleaned and waxed it, gotta love phantom black all polished up.

I get the fairy light comments all the time.

Saw an S5 in Norwich the other day, some old guy and his wife in it, with the DRLs off!!!!! flashed him, but ignored me lol.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
highrise forgive my ignorance,but what is your avitar all about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts