Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took these as the dealer was detailing the car. Photos don't really do justice to Pearl Effect paints. I know from my experience with Avus Silver. God damn I love this car.

(these are also for you Quattrings)

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ah man - that looks incredible!!! Thanks for posting BBT! The more I see this color, the more I'm happy I went with it. Rector is only about 500mi away from me, I can be there in about 8 hours - lol

Took these as the dealer was detailing the car. Photos don't really do justice to Pearl Effect paints. I know from my experience with Avus Silver. God damn I love this car.

(these are also for you Quattrings)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah man - that looks incredible!!! Thanks for posting BBT! The more I see this color, the more I'm happy I went with it. Rector is only about 500mi away from me, I can be there in about 8 hours - lol
LOL. I think you are the only person in the world as obsessed with this car as much as I am... I need to get a grip....

Today they had it parked outside in the sunshine so I had to have another walk around. Too bad I didn't have my camera again. Can't wait to actually drive it. Hopefully next week.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you think about a darker window tint? I've never been into dark windows but this CG image from the German site looks cool. I'm going to think about it. That reflective version. I think it usually hurts resale value though as not everybody wants it. Although if you don't go too dark maybe a non issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I agree - usually I like a 'medium' slightly reflective titanium tint just enough to keep it cooler in the summer and save the leather, but that picture looks incredible and gives the S5 an even more sophisticated, aggressive look. That's a great idea. The only thing to be concerned about is the local authorities. Sometimes they don't like when they can't see who's driving. Why can't we have the same laws as Nevada on this - lol It gets up to 110 degrees here in some parts. I am definitely obsessed - hahaha I blame Audi for teasing us for so many months!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can you comment on the "Blueness" of the paint? How does it compare to BMWs sparkling graphite? Ill attatch a pic if you need one.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Same as mine ?

Hi guys,

Looks like the same as mine (see pics).

Not sure i'd tint the windows thou ;)

Greeney, I wouldnt say it's a sparkley grey as its a pearl effect. Can you add a pic to show me what you mean?

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
After seeing an S5 recently in person, I think the window tinting by default is more than adequate.

Anyhow, nice pic...thanks for posting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi guys,

Looks like the same as mine (see pics).

Not sure i'd tint the windows thou ;)

Greeney, I wouldnt say it's a sparkley grey as its a pearl effect. Can you add a pic to show me what you mean?
Sure, here are some photos of my car!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Hi Greeney,

I'd certainly say it's similar but as always difficult to tell from standard pics. If you look at my pic above I'd say the Audi is a little darker.

Just stuck mine away in the garage but when I get it out tomorrow I'll take a close up snap of the paintwork so you can make your own mind up ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
LOL. I think you are the only person in the world as obsessed with this car as much as I am... I need to get a grip....

Today they had it parked outside in the sunshine so I had to have another walk around. Too bad I didn't have my camera again. Can't wait to actually drive it. Hopefully next week.
I have to confess to being just as obsessed as the two of you sickos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts