Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everybody, just wanted to start a little one of these to show the progress on my current car. Its nice to be back in an Audi after a string of different BMWs, I have had a E46 M3 and the V10 M6, which are very different cars. But its nice to be back in a car with a manual gearbox.

I purchased this back in October, Its metallic black with the Red leather and carbon trim. I believe the only options its missing is Hill Hold assist and a sunroof. But pretty well specced up otherwise. I have had a couple of niggles that need sorting as expected with a used car, so far i have had to replace both door lock actuators, which wasn't too bad, and about to replace the sliding pins on the front callipers as they have seized. Also have to tackle the ticking Air Con motor which i believe is one of the heater flap brackets that has snapped. Looks like it has an oil leak from the oil filter housing (maybe a job for over the xmas holidays)

Of course there are bits i have already changed along the way

So far i have fitted the obvious RS5 grill and wrapped the chrome window surrounds. Which i think have totally transformed the car.

Things in the pipeline. Its needs to be lowered, looks like i'm going to be going Air Ride with this one, so of course will mean a different set of wheels at some point.
Also upgrade the rear lights to either version of the LEDs depends what comes around when i'm ready to buy.

Being an ex detailer also the car is in need of a full decontamination and paint correction. This will be carried out when the weather turns nicer. And the paintwork will be coated for protection.

So far ive only taken a couple of pics so see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on the new car, I think I remember seeing this one for sale! Looks great with the new grill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Little update. Didn’t take any pics. However I have been getting a lot of vibration under braking recently. But the car has new discs and pads upfront. So took the calipers off to investigate. The sliders on the bottom of each were basically solid. Would only move when hit with a hammer.

I have ordered a replacement set and fitted them. Away until Monday so got to wait until then to test them. But fingers crossed it’s solved the issue.

in other news too my air ride shocks and air bags arrived today. Just need to save for some managemtn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So turns out the pins didn't fix the vibration, but have made the braking feel a-lot better. Next job will be to look at swapping some control arms. In other news, the next major modification as arrived, I still need to get some other bits before it can go on, but heres a pic, can you guess what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
when you wear an outfit that out does the bride on her wedding day, and you park next to a Maserati to show off your Audi

lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts