Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked mine up today, already written something about it in the awsome thread. Sun came out so took some shots in the supermarket :D

Love it :cool:

Attachments

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to add. When sat behind the drivers seat, in my driving position, i quite easily fit into the rear seat behind it. I was suprised. Quite comfortably actually.

Im 5ft8 and 13 stone.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Beautiful car ELSTIMPO!!!! Are those your other cars?!?!?! I'd still take the S5 over them ;) The Phantom Black looks amazing, and I'm surprised the red isn't as bright as I thought it would be. Thanks for the info on the backseats, glad to hear a positive comment about them finally! How are you enjoying the drive? Do you have the BO sound system? If you do, is there a USB port for like a thumb drive? :) Thanks for the pics, have a great drive!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful car ELSTIMPO!!!! Are those your other cars?!?!?! I'd still take the S5 over them ;) The Phantom Black looks amazing, and I'm surprised the red isn't as bright as I thought it would be. Thanks for the info on the backseats, glad to hear a positive comment about them finally! How are you enjoying the drive? Do you have the BO sound system? If you do, is there a USB port for like a thumb drive? :) Thanks for the pics, have a great drive!
The Magma red actually looks a lot brighter in these photos than it actually does. I love it.
I have the B&O sound system and its very good. Its as you would expect from B&O, very crisp and clear. Only got my ipod connected at the moment. I can search through my playlists using the the scroller on the streering wheel and select the songs from the screen on the dash - very cool

The Ferrari is mine, the Aston Martin DB9 is not mine, although i have had one. My friends is slighty more reliable than mine.

If anyone has any questions re the car or any options, then please let me know. The LED lights in the front lights are stunning. None in the rear though.

Other great thing, i was told this car doesn't need a service till 18,500 miles, which is incredable

·
Registered
487 Posts
Really nice pics. Congrats. Looks similar to the Meteor Gray. I'm now on a list to order the A5 in the US and I'll be going for the Meteor Gray.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Uhhh, 18,500??? Not even an oil change? That's gotta be wrong... I'm religious about 3k mile oil changes... if I ever slip its only by 1 or 2k because I'm too busy :\ Is the screen a touchscreen? can you control your cd/radio/nav/stuff through it if it is?

·
Registered
736 Posts
The best photos posted so far!! Your interior is awesome, the seats look like they will really grip the driver well.

I also like the S5 stiching in the seat.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhhh, 18,500??? Not even an oil change? That's gotta be wrong... I'm religious about 3k mile oil changes... if I ever slip its only by 1 or 2k because I'm too busy :\ Is the screen a touchscreen? can you control your cd/radio/nav/stuff through it if it is?
Thats what they told me. The tech guy said i need to watch the oil early on as it will probably use a lot, but other than that, 18,500 miles.

I was pretty shcoked by that. When i got my M3 it needed two services in the first 1000 miles

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thats what they told me. The tech guy said i need to watch the oil early on as it will probably use a lot, but other than that, 18,500 miles.

I was pretty shcoked by that. When i got my M3 it needed two services in the first 1000 miles
In the .pdf on the UK website there is mention of 20,000 mile service intervals. The computer does the thinking based on how hard you drive the car. Our old Acura and the current MINI have the same thing. On the MINI it is going in for its first service at almost 13,000 miles. When we started it up it said 10,000 miles till service. I did change the oil at 5,000 miles. However the way my wife drives it needed service at an extra 3,000 miles.

I hate down time for service. However I do my own so it is its own joy.

·
Registered
464 Posts
this 18500 miles service intervals is not new on the S5. My step dad bought a VW Golf tdi and it's the same thing. I dunno if it is the new engines or a new technologic advance in the Oil.

·
Registered
100 Posts
this 18500 miles service intervals is not new on the S5. My step dad bought a VW Golf tdi and it's the same thing. I dunno if it is the new engines or a new technologic advance in the Oil.
I don't think it has to do with the oil itself, I think it's the engines. I only use synthetic oil but I still change it every 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can you tell me about the adaptive steering? Is it available in UK? I haven't heard about this option in any of the reviews yet the teaser brochure I got at the NYC audi dealer has said it would have adaptive and adjustable steering. Meaning you could adjust the weight and feel through the MMI interface?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't found any adjustment parameters for the steering through the MMI but the steering definatly feels lighter at low/parking speeds.
The MMI control seems to be more limted to control over options for central locking/speed warning etc under the 'Car' settings.
I can confirm the 19000 mile first servive point (also accessed through MMI) but I think that the car will flag a service sooner on time period if required (it wil take me about 3 years to do 19000 miles!!).

·
Registered
736 Posts
Can you tell me about the adaptive steering? Is it available in UK? I haven't heard about this option in any of the reviews yet the teaser brochure I got at the NYC audi dealer has said it would have adaptive and adjustable steering. Meaning you could adjust the weight and feel through the MMI interface?
There was a question about this in the Q&A section I believe, check it out for some details.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts