Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dealer called the other day just to confirm, that he has no idea when my car will be built. Apparenlty in Canada, we only get 9 order slots allocated each month to share amongst 16 dealers, so only a fraction of the orders will actually get into the system each month. As a best 'guess', he has prepared me for a June-July delivery on an order I placed in Nov'07. Not much I can do, so my options are
1) wait it out, which means a 8-9month wait period
2) cancel my order and go back to BMW 335 which I had ordered in the first place.
3) cancel the existing 2008 order and wait for the 2009 models

There is a slight chance of picking up an A5 dealer demo but may not be the colour/options I want, and most dealers will not sell their demos for 90 days.
My patience is wearing thin.!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I don't blame you, Frank. It's been worth the wait for me (and I'm hopeful that it's almost over), but if I were told that it would now be until summer, I'd buy a 335i in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Frank dont give up!

The car is worth the wait.....I know its frustrating I was in the same boat 4 days ago.

I'd would try to work a deal on a demo (I did) even if you have to compromise your options and color.

All the southern california dealers told me the samething regarding selling their demos ( they didnt know when?)...then out of the blue without a phone call..they started selling?

The dealers here dont seem to honor their order lists (with or without build dates) and whatever deal is best for them that day they take it.

If I had not taken my wifes car for service they would have sold it to any warm body that happen to be in the dealership that day.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I finally registered to this site! Phew, it makes a lot of forums to monitor! AW, AZ, Fourtitude and A5OC.

Frank, my order is almost the same as yours: Black/Black, Sline, NAV but with B&O. Last week, I had a production week 9 (car being built next week!), with an ETA at dealership of April 4th. Did they ever give you a build date?

Sucks for you. I'd probably wait for an 09. You'll have more options possible and possibly Drive Select...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yikes, I can't believe how lucky I was. I had placed and still have an order for a S5.

10 Days ago my dealer calls and says they got in an A5 s-line blk/blk 6 spd loaded with everything. It WAS going to be a demo. I drove it and loved it. He tells me another is on the trk and if I want this one I could have it as long as anyone ahead of me on the S5 waiting list didn't want it. No one did or didn't call back. I picked it up the next morning.

it sounds like the waiting list for the A5 is almost as bad as the S5.

Also, the S-line and B/O is a must have.

·
Registered
128 Posts
wait, I'm sure that the 9 allocations/month is for one province only. If that number was for entire Canada, they might as well not even sell the car here. The Nissan GTR gets more allocations than that.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yikes, I can't believe how lucky I was. I had placed and still have an order for a S5.

10 Days ago my dealer calls and says they got in an A5 s-line blk/blk 6 spd loaded with everything. It WAS going to be a demo. I drove it and loved it. He tells me another is on the trk and if I want this one I could have it as long as anyone ahead of me on the S5 waiting list didn't want it. No one did or didn't call back. I picked it up the next morning.

it sounds like the waiting list for the A5 is almost as bad as the S5.

Also, the S-line and B/O is a must have.
When are you gonna post photos of that bad boy!? That's my exact order. Sure hope they didn't misroute it!;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I posted this in the Canada section, but thought I should repost it in here as well....if it helps.

I really feel for you...Sometimes I think Audi Canada is just shooting themselves in the face the way they treat their Canadian customers. While the A5/S5 is a nice looking car, like everything else it will get old. And with more and more newer models pooring in every year (from every car companies), along with the fact that the US is clearly on the verge of a recession. It's just a matter of time before loyal customers go shop elsewhere simply out of spite and/or frustration.

After being dissapointed from what I've heard from the local Audi dealer regarding the A5....high pricing, no multiple deposit plan, 9 months waiting period, etc....I've decided to check out another dealership in the area, and what I found out there was totally different.

Turns out the waiting period between the ordering of an A5 and the delivery is 3 months, not 9 like the other place. They also offer a multiple deposit plan that lowers the interest rate up to 1.3%, but then you have to deposit something like 9k (which you'll get back at the end of the lease). The salesman also told me that they'll be getting 13 A5s sometime next month and not all of them may be sold, so I can get it even sooner if I'm happy with the options that they have available (sharing 9 allocations over 16 dealers per month for a non-exclusive mass production car is ludicrous). This dealer is supposedly getting 13 A5s next month alone. So unless someone is flat out lying, or something is terribly wrong here.

So although the demand for the A5/S5 could be high, it may not be as high as what's some of the dealerships (or even Audi Canada) lead you to believe.

P.S. They have a Brilliant black S-line manual with technology package on the lot. The saleman told me that although someone put down a deposit on it, he seems to be somewhat reserve regarding the interest rate and may drop out. I'll let you know if the car is up for sale if anyone is interested in the option combo.

On a side note, they also have a fully loaded S5 manual on the showroom for sale (not demo). It's Ibis white with Tuscan brown interior and Vavona wood trim. It's listed at 71200$. Anyone interested who can't wait and who doesn't mind paying the Canadian premium pricing can PM me and I'll give you the contact info.

A few additional info for the leasing of the S5.
-Interest rate is 7.7% for 45 months, but jumps to a whopping 11% for 48 months....insane.
-Multiple deposits will reduce that to 6.4% (for 45 months), but the deposit will be in the range of 12k+.
-Monthly payment will still be in the 1300+ range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts