Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I can't type this fast enough. I think I'm still shaking from the news.

Nevertheless, my saleslady called and emailed me to call her. I was at lunch. I get back and see her email to call her. I have smirk on my face. Call her up and she makes sure I'm sitting (which was a very good thing, cause I probably would have fell over). She then gives me the news: "Your car is awaiting a truck for pick-up and is scheduled to arrive next week for you!"

* WHAM * * BAM * * Holy Shistz * ******* At this point I have the hugest smile on my face. My co-workers are still asking me if something is wrong. I nod my head no and am still shocked by the news.

Apparently, they were billed yesterday. So this is really happening!!!

{pfff...Port Hold...What Port Hold ?!}

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
HELL YEAH!!!! That's absolutely awesome, Arvin!! First U.S. A5 that I know of! Extremely excited for you (and probably for the rest of us)!!

Can't wait until you take delivery and give the first U.S. A5 report! Keep us updated on the process. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOOOHHHOOO...
Congrats man.. rock on... tic, tac, tic, tac, tic, tac....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the negotiations are on-going right now! Gotta squeeze out what I can get for the amount I'm shelling out. Kinda my first luxury car so my expectations are a bit high.

Anyways, I am VERY excited! I knew that Audi could not keep those A5 cars on hold for that long. They must have had some 2008 paper work to file before they could be released.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yeah, whatever the reason, I'm just glad to see that it may be over with. Of course, that makes waiting on the build and ship tougher now, but next week should be my build week.

Negotiations are ongoing? Pardon if I forget something, but you don't have it as a sold order? Or agreed to negotiate final price later? Do tell! Remember that I got 3% over invoice (of course, my car wasn't sitting there waiting for me either though!) and Pete got about the same. I'm going to try to have Audicare thrown in as well, because I think they have that discretion.

EDIT: Oh, and funny you should mention that. The other day I realized that this is my first new car purchase! That blows me away. I've had new cars before, but always leased. I guess having my A4 for 10 years will skew things a bit too!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm working with a small dealer. Though you can get personal service from them, they need/have to get as much profit as possible since they have fewer sales. That makes negotiations a bit tough.

Your 3% over invoice should save you: $1150 roughly?

I'm hoping for a better than average trade-in on the mini-van otherwise, I think i'm stuck paying sticker price. We never negotiated a price when placing the order. We simply agreed to discuss it once it arrived. So we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Heheh...minivan for an A5...smart decision ;)
Funny, I haven't done that math in awhile, so I don't remember. I'm coming in at right about $52k, fully loaded, after taxes. But, as I recall, you didn't go S-Line (or you would have gotten Misano Red - it's burned into my memory!) so you price would be a bit lower.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it's about 47k priced out with options. See these dealers are making a 7.5% profit margin on the A5. So giving you 3% above invoice is really good!

I don't think I will be able to get the same deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Just get that puppy signed up, man! I mean, after some hard fought negotiations of course. Let's not delay my living vicariously through you a moment too long! ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Dealer on audiworld just confirmed that someone has opened up the pipeline! He's seeing A5s in transit from ports on the system.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Don't mind my talking to myself in this thread! NOW someone is saying in that thread that all the inbounds are demos!? Wonder if the A5 demos are meteor grey like the S5s were. But they obviously couldn't be confusing things on that basis alone. Oh well, once you have yours in hand next week (reach a deal yet?) we'll know that there is certainly hope for everyone else.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
At this point I have the hugest smile on my face. My co-workers are still asking me if something is wrong. I nod my head no and am still shocked by the news.
I think I would have wet myself at that point!!! :eek:

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is AWESOME news! You just made my weekend, Arvin! :D :D :D Congratulations!

After reading this, I called my dealer to find out the latest on my car. I'm happy to report that I finally have a VIN # and the car is scheduled to arrive at the U.S. port around mid-February. It's gonna be a long wait for me, but gosh it's nice to know that there just may be a good possibility of me receiving my car before April. Yippee!

·
Registered
247 Posts
My jaw dropped on the floor, and I'm about to pick it up. That is way cool. Where's my build week!?!?!?!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah, I'm working with a small dealer. Though you can get personal service from them, they need/have to get as much profit as possible since they have fewer sales. That makes negotiations a bit tough.

Your 3% over invoice should save you: $1150 roughly?

I'm hoping for a better than average trade-in on the mini-van otherwise, I think i'm stuck paying sticker price. We never negotiated a price when placing the order. We simply agreed to discuss it once it arrived. So we'll see.
Congratulations on getting yours coming.

If you have a Carmax in your area take the mini-van to them. In about 30 minutes you will have a real quote in your hand that you can at minimum have your dealer beat. If not just go back to Carmax and they will write you a check.

I did this with the Subaru I just sold. Carmax was $1,000 better than the dealer but had a individual purchase for another $1,000 over that.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
After reading this, I called my dealer to find out the latest on my car. I'm happy to report that I finally have a VIN # and the car is scheduled to arrive at the U.S. port around mid-February. It's gonna be a long wait for me, but gosh it's nice to know that there just may be a good possibility of me receiving my car before April. Yippee!
Wow - the good news keeps on rolling in...congrats, TX!

My jaw dropped on the floor, and I'm about to pick it up. That is way cool. Where's my build week!?!?!?!
No kidding, Pete. Still nothing, eh? I guess sort of like for me, the potential release of the port hold is a double edged sword.

If you have a Carmax in your area take the mini-van to them. In about 30 minutes you will have a real quote in your hand that you can at minimum have your dealer beat. If not just go back to Carmax and they will write you a check.
Sage advice, that. Heck last time I talked trade-in with my dealer (same dealer, prior vehicle discussions that went nowhere) they gave me the card for Carmax! Said that's the best way to go because they have to cut into the allowance too much for it to be profitable for them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nothin yet... I'll head over there tomorrow and bring this up to him maybe there will be a production date at least, and if I'm really lucky a VIN # :) But maybe I'm pushing it ;) Still awesome news though.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
No VIN, my Brilliant Black Brother. ;)
That won't happen until it's off the line. Sort of like the belly button of the car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Vehicle Identification Number :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts