Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
New to the boards here and wanted to see if anyone has had or heard of this problem...though I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Got my 09 A5 (blue with the cinnamon brown interior) back in August, and love it! Went on vacation for a month (yea, a month) and got home to my car. Noticed as I was driving one day a sound inside the cabin that sounded like dripping or running water. Well, a few days later, noticed the passenger rear floor was soaking wet. There was no drip stains inside anywhere...and no, I didn't leave a window or sunroof open (which I initially thought).

So brought it to dealer after it happened again. My car has been in the shop since Friday (it's now Wednesday) and I am told that they have to replace the whole front windshield! AND IT ONLY HAS 850 MILES ON IT! So this is sort of a rant as well, as having owned 2 A4s, a TT roadster, and an Allroad....some have had problems while others didn't. Hope this isn't the start of many trips to the service dept...:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
You should try keeping it in a garage or undercover and see if there is still water ingress.

I remember an old problem with supras, (most likely not relevant) but when the heater matrix went, it flooded the passenger side of the car.

I also had a TVR that had some real problems with leaks. It eventually ruins the entire interior of the car. Not just by water on the carpets, but the humidity inside the car ruined the leather, and everything stank of dampness. It was awful. Still, it was the maddest car i've ever driven.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi there,
New to the boards here and wanted to see if anyone has had or heard of this problem...though I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Got my 09 A5 (blue with the cinnamon brown interior) back in August, and love it! Went on vacation for a month (yea, a month) and got home to my car. Noticed as I was driving one day a sound inside the cabin that sounded like dripping or running water. Well, a few days later, noticed the passenger rear floor was soaking wet. There was no drip stains inside anywhere...and no, I didn't leave a window or sunroof open (which I initially thought). :mad:
Before they replace the windshield, you may want to check out this - the problem sounds similar to yours. He found the solution to be a drain hose for the sunroof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just a quick update....they replaced the front windshield to discover that didn't fix the problem. Then I was told they found a hole in the the frame near the sunroof the diameter of a paper clip. No idea how they plan to fix it, but should find out soon as I hopefully get my car back tomorrow.:mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey I had the same problem

It was the hose that drains water from the sunroof. Is it the rear passenger floor mat area? What happened with my S5 was that the hose was too long, and instead of draining, it kinda backed up into the car. Every time you accelerate hare, or turn hard especially after rain, do you hear water moving around? Im pretty sure you have the same problem, it was really easy to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Symptoms sounded the same...but it leaked even when the vehicle wasn't in motion. As I mentioned, there was a hole in the area that was caused from a bubbling of the sealant in the area of the sunroof. Not an easy fix as my car was out of service for 2 weeks. I have it back finally. Let's hope they didn't break something else while fixing this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts