Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call yesterday from the dealer that my car had arrived and they had PDI it for road test for me. It was great.............. the colour excellent new quartz grey, and the engine was very responsive on test very smooth ride. I had that smile/grin that you all have talked about.
I took a couple of photo's on my mobile quailty not great it was getting dark. Now I only have 2 weeks to wait for the 1st March am booked in for 8.00am pick up and then I have a packed weekend to try it out.:D :D :D :D :D

Now I feel part of the forum:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Chaswick - could you remind me when you ordered? I too am waiting for a UK quartz grey 1.8T sport which was ordered at the back end of Jan.

Good to hear that you're pleased with the engine. This has been my one reservation having never driven the car.

P.S. The mobile quality pics make yours look like a 1.2T on the rear shot!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tufflittleunit - I ordered mine on the 5th December.
Your right it does look like 1.2T there was very little light not sure whether I'm going to debadge what are you going to do?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lovely colour Chaswick, im so jealous! I've ages to wait till i see mine in the flesh, i saw one in the same colour today at my dealer when i was making my order, god it looked good, i went for silver met as it will be easier to keep clean. I hope she's perfect when u get her.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mine's a company car so I won't be amending anything e.g. removing the engine designation. To be honest I don't see the point. It's not like there's anything to hide or be ashamed of in having a 1.8 Although the higher end engines are fantastic I doubt anyone would claim the 1.8 is an underpowered wannabe dressed up in a bigger car's clothes when it still does 0-62mph in 8.4s and has a top speed in excess of 140mph. OK, it's not super car fast but it's certainly enough for me!

The location of the exhaust pipes clearly shows it's a 1.8 anyway. I'd leave it as it is and be proud of your gorgeous new motor.

·
Registered
256 Posts
JSC - is your running to schedule I see you have 3rd March ?
I hope so. My sales person tells me I can expect to be driving it March 3. I hope she is correct. My car has actually been in the country for several months, but Audi of Canada just released it from port in the last couple days. They have really stuck to their "spring 2008 release" plans for Canada. I will certainly let everyone know when it finally gets here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Company car

The lease runs out on my A6 this summer so I'm going for an Ibis white 1.8TFSI.

Kids are all grown up now so I thought I might have a mid-life crisis and go for the sporty looks.

Company car but I'll have the engine capacity left off and replace it with chrome GB plates even though the twin pipes are unique to 1.8. Couldn't contemplate a TDI or bigger engine for tax reasons (thieving UK government!!!)

Didn't you order the daylight running lights? Now that is definitely an eye catching feature.

·
Registered
714 Posts
DRLs come with the Xenons - I was just trying to keep my sig short (assuming the comment was for me ... possible not)

Know what you mean about the car tax - most frustrating. I'm actually more annoyed with Audi than HM Government. Car manufacturers like BMW are showing it's entirely possible to produce lower emmissions cars which still have stonkingly good performance. The 320d engine in the A5 would be an excellent solution ... can't see Audi producing an engine like that for some time (their new 2.0TDi in the A4 still looks very underwhelming on paper).

So glad I ordered a few weeks ago ... my company has just introduced a new car policy which limits PUCs to about £55 per month and they don't exactly give us a massive allowance against the lease cost of the cars. My PUCs on the A5 1.8T will be about £200 per month so I just got ordered in time!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Car manufacturers like BMW are showing it's entirely possible to produce lower emmissions cars which still have stonkingly good performance. The 320d engine in the A5 would be an excellent solution ... can't see Audi producing an engine like that for some time (their new 2.0TDi in the A4 still looks very underwhelming on paper).
Tuff,
The 2.0 TDi in the A4 is the 140ps version - the old A4 also had a 170ps version (with manual gearbox only), and if Audi do a 2.0 TDi A5 (and I can't see them not doing this eventually) then it will certainly be the 170ps version. This will also come to the new A4 as well in time. This is far closer to the 320d (175ps I believe) although the BMW does have the reputation of being both more economical and smoother. I personally think the Audi 3.0 TDi is now very close to the BMW 330d although BMW's 335d is definitely a step ahead of Audi at the moment.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Forgot to say congratulations to Chaswick on the new car - fantastic, and liking the Quartz Grey. It looks like you don't have the roof fin - I presume no Satnav. Did you get the phone prep?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All ,
Sorry for no posting yesterday.

But I picked my car up at 8.00am yesterday and yes I have that A5 :D :D :D :D :D :D : on my face all day. What a car love it the 1.8 engine is great .
I will post pictures later with more comments.

As the first 1.8T owner in Nottingham for the guys waiting you won't be disappointed great drive , super car.

Must go and look at her again.

Whilst typing this I've got that A5 :D :D :D all over my face.

Catch you all later:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats Chaswick. " keep her between the hedges" as we say in Ireland.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Beauty - looks great - I am sooo jealous!!!

I am supposedly getting mine around week 15 (build week is 12) but having said that it started off at 22 - but after cancelling the sunroof (Audi cancelled) came forward)????

Still I wont be singing till its here

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received a call yesterday from the dealer that my car had arrived and they had PDI it for road test for me. It was great.............. the colour excellent new quartz grey, and the engine was very responsive on test very smooth ride. I had that smile/grin that you all have talked about.
I took a couple of photo's on my mobile quailty not great it was getting dark. Now I only have 2 weeks to wait for the 1st March am booked in for 8.00am pick up and then I have a packed weekend to try it out.:D :D :D :D :D

Now I feel part of the forum:rolleyes:
Hi,

The car looks great. Congrats!!!

One thing, i have a black A5 1.8TFSI Sport on order, and was wondering, does this model have the LED lights on the front lights??? From the pics i cannot see for certain, but looks to me like it Doesn't???

This is something that i really wanted, and have not been told that they do not have, but would like to know.

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

The car looks great. Congrats!!!

One thing, i have a black A5 1.8TFSI Sport on order, and was wondering, does this model have the LED lights on the front lights??? From the pics i cannot see for certain, but looks to me like it Doesn't???

This is something that i really wanted, and have not been told that they do not have, but would like to know.

Thanks
Well on the 1.8T they are a optional extra, but don't worry the car turns enough heads without them and a lot of people have ask me if that the same car that has the funny lights on!!!!
With or without out them its a great car.;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.