Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,
I got a call from the dealer on thursday telling me that my car will be shipped to Ireland over the weekend and i should be able to collect it next friday.(I hope the seas stay calm)
I rang my finance guy in my bank to arrange things and he promptly tells me that he is taking 2 bloody weeks off and wont be back till the 28th, bloody typical!!
So now i have to wait till early May to pick up the car. I might call over to the dealer and get a look at it next Saturday and take a few pics.
Delivery time looks to be 8 weeks, not too bad compaired to others i suppose.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats Omaha!
Early deliveries is always sweet music to the ears of us still waiting for the bloody thing to ring! Mate, are you sure you cannot make arrangements for somebody else at the bank to sort the details for you? I couldn't hold myslef a single minute knowing my A5 is there for me! Happy motoring anyways!!!:)

Regards
George

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its only another few weeks so i will hold out. I did ring my bank and they said they guy has not really left any of his files with anyone else so there is no real way around the 2 week wait. Typical Ireland.
Hopefully the weather will be better in a few weeks, it would be heartbreaking to drive it on mucky roads.
Fingers crossed it will make it to the dealers ok and i can take a few pics on Saturday.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its arrived finally, hope to collect next Friday. What a lovely day it was to take pics of the car too!!! :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure you'll be counting down the days. It's going to be a LONG week. :)

From the pics, they obviously still must have the shipping blocks in place on the suspension, as evidenced by the rather large gap between the wheel arch and tire.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Omaha, hang in there while you're waiting...I say your bank guy "owes" you a nice dinner or something.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks fellas,
Yeah, the blocks were still in, i got a bit of a fright when i saw it first i can tell you.
I will be ringing my guy on monday re: money, who knows, he might give me a better rate if i give him a good frowning.
Oh yeah, i noticed the car has the black head lining, i though grey was standard? I didnt spec it but it looks gooood, i'll say nothing and see if im asked to pay for it. (eek, hope he is not reading this)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh yeah, i noticed the car has the black head lining, i though grey was standard?
You have a black headliner because your car has the S-line package. S-line comes with an all black interior ONLY (which includes the headliner).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks TX i just read that in the options pdf on the Audi Ireland site.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.