Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Quartz Grey '09 S5 this morning, and already had a chance to meet a fellow member (Sizzle) who helped me out with a couple of VAG-COM mods.

I'll update this thread with new photos as I take them; already went through 3/4 tank of gas in my first day, it's a lot of fun driving around town.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats SupraBlur. Welcome to the quartz grey club. I guarantee you will like the color more and more every day. I'd like to see some shots with both the interior and exterior in them. I went tuscan just to make it look more seriously sporty than just sexy sporty. I do like what I have seen of your interior choice.

Your miles will pilel up quickly. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats, it looks great!
Nice to see that you finally could replace your cgi pic with a real car :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Car looks hot. The stealership around here has a Quartz one on the lot and it looks really nice. I can't wait to see your car with some mods on it.

PS, mine is due in Jan. I will have KWv2's, HRE P40's installed right away. Eurocodes and an exhaust system will likely follow.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The Quartz looks very good in person. Gonna look even better once you get your Work's mounted.

Good seeing you........Siz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats SupraBlur! Your ride looks amazing! Making me second guess my choice of Meteor Grey :) Can't wait to get my own next month. I'd love to see some more pics of the interior as well, since I'm also getting the black on black Alcantara.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks great Suprablur! Love the Quartz! Not hard to go through a tank of gas driving the beast, and it is lots of fun blowing through the gears...enjoy!

Post some pics with the new wheels...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats!

I think Quartz is THE colour, looks classy and tough. A real silver bullet.

If i had my time again I'd go with Quartz.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Car looks great! Love that color. Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Registered
491 Posts
car looks great man! if my current car wasnt grey THAT would be my color

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice RIDE :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice - so pleased I have ordered a quartz s-line:) - waiting to March will be the problem:eek:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm glad to have inspired people with Quartz -- I know I had my doubts the entire time. I'll keep trying to take pictures which show the dynamic nature of the color, which is what made me switch in the first place (used to be Ice Silver).

Wheels are just waiting on tires that I've ordered. The gargantuan 305/25 r20's are on backorder from Toyo, and of course I'm kicking myself that I didn't just get Bridgestones like Sizzle suggested, but we'll see.

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Wheels are just waiting on tires that I've ordered. The gargantuan 305/25 r20's are on backorder from Toyo, and of course I'm kicking myself that I didn't just get Bridgestones like Sizzle suggested, but we'll see.
I gave up waiting on the Toyo 305s, as they have been on backorder for an eternity. I too wish I had gone with the Potenzas. I just love how squared off the sidewall is on those. My ContiSportContact 3's I ended up going with have a more rounded sidewall compared to the Potenzas. As soon as I burn through my Contis, I will definitely be picking up a set of the Potenzas.

So it looks like you will soon become the third member of the "305" club that sizzle and I started. haha ;) I gather that you too will have an 11" wide rear wheel? What width on the front?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just picked up my Quartz Grey '09 S5 this morning, and already had a chance to meet a fellow member (Sizzle) who helped me out with a couple of VAG-COM mods.

I'll update this thread with new photos as I take them; already went through 3/4 tank of gas in my first day, it's a lot of fun driving around town.
Quartz Grey def would've been my second choice. Had silverstone for my 350z and needed a change. Seems like i'm at the gas station every other day, haha. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts