Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello looking to have the back boxes removed and put a straight pipe, found a few good places however they are too far (6 hour drive) I am in London, any idea of a good place to buy them and fit them on in London

Thanks

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Any competent exhaust shop can make it up for you, don't need to buy anything fancy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello looking to have the back boxes removed and put a straight pipe, found a few good places however they are too far (6 hour drive) I am in London, any idea of a good place to buy them and fit them on in London

Thanks
what is the purpose of doing this? chheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, not looking to make it any faster and everything else that comes it with, 300hp is enough for me, looking for places in London that does that. Anyone know where I can get that ? (Preferably around than £350)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, not looking to make it any faster and everything else that comes it with, 300hp is enough for me, looking for places in London that does that. Anyone know where I can get that ? (Preferably around than £350)
but it could affect your MOT, i hear it fails it....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Take a look at a company called Zaustworx. They make muffler delete pipes for loads of stuff and they have soundclips on their facebook page.
They have a page on eBay and for an s5 it's 250 quid, you get your choice of tailpipes and they'll send them to you. I should imagine it's the same price for your A5.
All you then do is cut off the old mufflers and clamp the new pipes on.
If you don't want to tackle that yourself any exhaust place should fit them for peanuts.
I've not used them but am considering it for my s5, if it's too loud I'll just bolt the original mufflers back on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was my first answer but I never considered buying it from there and having it fitted elsewhere, closer. Thanks !!
Also, Come on !! It can never be too loud. The louder the better :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I made mine myself, cost about £140.

Got close to 260bhp before remap, so I would say a 15bhp increase! Got 310bhp after remap with DPF still fitted.

Supersprint do off the shelf straight pipes, but £250 per side, I think.

Plenty of custom exhaust shops, my guess would be around £150 per side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made mine myself, cost about £140.

Got close to 260bhp before remap, so I would say a 15bhp increase! Got 310bhp after remap with DPF still fitted.

Supersprint do off the shelf straight pipes, but £250 per side, I think.

Plenty of custom exhaust shops, my guess would be around £150 per side.
Great !! Currently i have 293bhp really looking to pass 300bhp ?

Found a few places but they are too far looking for 30 40 miles radius. I live in East Ham, (E6)

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts