Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need some advice. I started the motor mount replacement. I removed all the bolt on the subframe. When I follow the manual they do not give enough infos apart from remove the bolts.
My issue is the clearance space to get the mounts out. The subframe does not drop enough as it is now. Also the engine is supported above, but when I lift the engine or drop it with the help of the support bar it move the subframe with it, so the clearance space does not appear. Do you have any advice on how to have more clearance? or drop the subframe totally to have enough space to insert the motors mounts?

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
602 Posts
I’m not sure which route you’ve gone through in order to change the motor mounts, but either way, this link here shows you the factory standard (one at a time) or entire subframe for both mounts at the same time.

I assume if you’re doing both then this answers your question and you’ll need to further remove more hardware to get that clearance.

Hope this helps.

~Alex

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It's resolved now.
I saw that link from 034. I looked at the manual also. But it was really difficult.
I successfully replaced the mounts this evening.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It's resolved now.
I saw that link from 034. I looked at the manual also. But it was really difficult.
I successfully replaced the mounts this evening.
Did you upgrade the motor mounts by any chance?

~Alex

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yes. I installed the street density 034 mounts for V8 S5. The old ones were hydraulic with fluid inside
Has it made a difference to more reactive power from the engine?

And more vibrations in the drivers cabin?

Is it worth the upgrade is what I’m really asking hahaha! 👍🏻
~Alex

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has it made a difference to more reactive power from the engine?

And more vibrations in the drivers cabin?

Is it worth the upgrade is what I’m really asking hahaha! 👍🏻
~Alex
I spent only 3 hours with the car after the installation. So my first impression are like you said. There is increased vibration. The vibration are very noticeable at idle only(at red lights etc...). Yes my shifting improved and some of the hesitation or abrupt feeling are smoother. For AUTO I dont know if that would feel the same. After a month or so or driving I should have a enough feels to do a post installation review with good and bad over OEM mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
Please tell, what was the reason for changing the mounts??? Do they wear out over time/miles??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please tell, what was the reason for changing the mounts??? Do they wear out over time/miles??
Broken. I made a video explaining everything symptoms etc...On YouTube "ersbit"
It would be long explaining everything by writing.

My car was shaking, acceleration you feel the car leaning to one side. Start of February the car would jump on the side where I have the bad mount. Literally felt my passenger front tire jump under sudden acceleration.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the car at 72K miles February 2020. And I have been fixing issues. I can quote these stuff HIDDEN ISSUES. When you get these cars you have 10% of finding them before you buy the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts