Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is the most "experienced" A5/S5 driver on this forum? Or to read it diferently, who has the highests mileage on their A5/S5? If there are doubts about a post, a pix of the odometre may have to be post as proof... :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
Good to see someone has used almost 1,000 gallons of gas in less than a year...

Instead of posting this ridiculous thread to make a penis contest out of who is behind the wheel most, why not be a little more subtle.
Some examples:
"Reflections after the 15k Service"
"Approaching 20k miles, what tires do you recommend"
"Fuel Economy at 20k miles"

Not only are these threads useful, but they would help prospects and people waiting for their cars make decisions while you get to gloat indirectly about logging massive miles.

I don't know why I am in the mood to pick on you, maybe I am just jealous you have gotten to log that many miles. But hey, what do I know? I'm not that experienced; only 2k miles and about 21 days of ownership.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Number2jcb, thank you for your welcome message and my apologies for writing an unsubtle and ridiculous thread. I have been reading yours looking for a bit of inspiration without success though. :p :D

Going back to cars, yes, did 18800 miles, at an average of 34mpg, which means I have used 553 gallons of diesel. Had my first service last week, and the car now shows that next service will be in 9000 miles. Expected something closer to 15000 between services, specially after doing the first one at 18000. The car has not had any issues at all since new but for a low oil sensor that had to be replaced on service (a week before servicing the car, got the light on and after topping up with a liter of oil would not go off). Tyres: replaced both front tyres for the same Bridgestone Potenza 050 the car had and find them to be VERY good tyres.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Getting mine next month so I can't make any comparative comments except to say that you certainly have had more behind the wheel time than me at this point.:D I will try to catch up though as I put on about 25K miles per year and am looking forward to every one of them. Nice to see your getting some good milage out of it, I am expecting to see around 14MPG out of the S5 V8 (chalk it up to cost of ownership).

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Done 5000 miles since January 28th, only thing i've had to do is add a litre of oil, I expect i'll need to add another litre of oil after another 2-3k miles.

Other than that no issues, but then the car is only 2 months old. The one plus point is, that after doing a few hundred miles in and around london the gear stick loosened as to begin with it was very stiff.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Number2jcb, thank you for your welcome message and my apologies for writing an unsubtle and ridiculous thread. I have been reading yours looking for a bit of inspiration without success though. :p :D

Going back to cars, yes, did 18800 miles, at an average of 34mpg, which means I have used 553 gallons of diesel. Had my first service last week, and the car now shows that next service will be in 9000 miles. Expected something closer to 15000 between services, specially after doing the first one at 18000. The car has not had any issues at all since new but for a low oil sensor that had to be replaced on service (a week before servicing the car, got the light on and after topping up with a liter of oil would not go off). Tyres: replaced both front tyres for the same Bridgestone Potenza 050 the car had and find them to be VERY good tyres.
@mgoliveruk: You frickin Europeans and your Diesel, getting big torque and great mileage. Too practical for the US...

@Doc7: I was in Pitt this past weekend for St.Pattys with a stop in OH. After spending most of the time at 90+ and a few stops the trip computer said I got 19mpg. Around town will kill the MPG in this car, but highway at fun speeds isn't as bad as I expected.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hope we treated you OK during your stay, but I hope the Pens wipe the ice with the Devils- what an unbelievable division this year eh?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
got mine in dec and done just over 7800k so far.... so far i havent had to top anything up except fuel :D not even had to pump up a tyre!! well chuffed :cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
2200 miles since December,as you can probably tell with my low mileage i dont use my S5 everyday got a work van for that,my S5 is my weekend race car :D same as Jen apart from fuel and water top up for wipers never touched a thing :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
that was 7800 miles by the way... i forgot the miles bit...

hehehe oh yeah i always forget to fill up the water thingy up that reminds me it keeps beeping at me when i start lol thats been a week now, buts it been raining and now its snow!! so maybe thats a tomorrow jobby....

You see i have the TT but i dont like it so never brought it back up the road hence that car only having 500 miles on it but im thinking i might get a wee car just for work

·
Registered
373 Posts
With averaging 20mpg it makes good sense to have my S5 as a weekend car,enjoy the power to the max and only average £60 pounds a fortnight unless me son is playing football down other end of the country then it is a different matter.
Go for it Jen buy yourself a rust bucket for work and use your A5 for when you date your men on a weekend :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
date men???? mmmm its been while im not sure how to do that lol.... been single a while lol

you see if i had a S5 i would do the same as you Mad, weekend special occassons...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ah well Jen there is no excuse why you didnt buy a bit more power in the S5 with all the money you must have been a single girl ;)

Jen
mmmm its been while im not sure how to do that lol.... been single a while lol
Right where do we start :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
hahaha where do you start next you will have a thread trying to set me up on blind dates lol.... yes thats what just set me up with a s5 owner best of both world mawhahahaha :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
About to turn 10,000 miles on my S5 since Oct.31st. No problems thus far. Great car. Serviced at 5,000 miles. Never have added a drop of oil. Top speed reached 165mph. Average gas mileage 18.2. Michelin Pilot sport ZR A/S tires holding up well, 3rd snowiest winter in history here and no problems with traction, clutch just fine, no idle issues, sportec pedals and 1" lowering springs on the way, swissvax detailing best shine I have ever had, no damage to tires/rims despite potholes as big as Florida's sinkholes, still love classy look of Phantom black/black interior, feel fortunate as only S5 our Iowa dealer has been able to get, 51y/o 6ft 1in tall, 200 lbs pure muscle:eek: , Ob/Gyn practice, clean driving record, no jail time--yet, married 31 years, 3 kids, 4 horses, 4 dogs, 2 cats, let's see anything else I should report after 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
About to turn 10,000 miles on my S5 since Oct.31st. No problems thus far. Great car. Serviced at 5,000 miles. Never have added a drop of oil. Top speed reached 165mph. Average gas mileage 18.2. Michelin Pilot sport ZR A/S tires holding up well, 3rd snowiest winter in history here and no problems with traction, clutch just fine, no idle issues, sportec pedals and 1" lowering springs on the way, swissvax detailing best shine I have ever had, no damage to tires/rims despite potholes as big as Florida's sinkholes, still love classy look of Phantom black/black interior, feel fortunate as only S5 our Iowa dealer has been able to get, 51y/o 6ft 1in tall, 200 lbs pure muscle:eek: , Ob/Gyn practice, clean driving record, no jail time--yet, married 31 years, 3 kids, 4 horses, 4 dogs, 2 cats, let's see anything else I should report after 10,000 miles.
Awesome. Posts like these keep me optimistic about the A5/S5.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Good to see someone has used almost 1,000 gallons of gas in less than a year...
Yeah, he should be driving the frugal S5 ;)

Just one of those posts that suffers from the subtle UK/US culture differences. Didn't sound like willy-waving to me, just a tongue in cheek way of opening up a discussion about longer term experiences. Anyway, my dad's bigger than your dad :p

How's the leather on the seats holding up, mgoliveruk?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts