Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen too many personal videos posted, except Quattrings, Roswell's nice black S5's, and there are a few others... anyway... I was searching for bulletcams, camera mounts, etc... tried rubberbanding my point-and-shoot to my baseball cap while i wear it on my head, it worked, but looked ridiculous... then, duh!, i rubberbanded the camera (Panasonic DMC-FX07) on front of the rear view mirror, and tilted the mirror to get it aimed properly. Here are some results... i know better than to have music playing =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51HnOJaVF74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_rO8BkmO-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49B36pUI3CM

Sorry, night time videos seem kind of boring after while... will record more now that I know the ghetto camera mount works.

Youtube Advice: I have read true stories of people getting in trouble for posting dangerous stuff (swerving through traffic, showing the speedometer going 100mph+). Just a heads up!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks for these... It was interesting to see the adaptive lights at work... I've not seen this before. I think they would take some getting used to as it adds another motion into your vision.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very nice illustration of the adaptive headlights.
It looks like you are almost floating over the road (nice bit of driving too).

Also... good to see you on the "proper" side of the road.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice illustration of the adaptive headlights.
It looks like you are almost floating over the road (nice bit of driving too).

Also... good to see you on the "proper" side of the road.
I was also thinking about special ordering my car in Daytona Grey but don't know if it is worth 2500 more and an extra month wait. All I have seen are pics of a Daytona Grey A5, not S5... do you know of any pics of a Daytona Grey S5, because it may help me decide?

Thanks, and congrats on your order!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
All I have seen are pics of a Daytona Grey A5, not S5... do you know of any pics of a Daytona Grey S5, because it may help me decide?
Obviously these are pics from someone's camera phone (i.e., not the greatest quality), but a Daytona Gray S5 nonetheless.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sorry, night time videos seem kind of boring after while...
Just got around to watching these. Actually, those were great to watch! Since I haven't received my car yet, it was nice to see what I have to look forward to with those adaptive lights. :)

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nice vids!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
You can also see the adaptive lights moving up and down based on throttle application. When you get on the gas hard the lights tilt down. When you get on the brakes hard they tilt up. Helps to keep from blinding other drivers and keeping enough light on the road. Another nice touch along with side to side lighting.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can also see the adaptive lights moving up and down based on throttle application. When you get on the gas hard the lights tilt down. When you get on the brakes hard they tilt up. Helps to keep from blinding other drivers and keeping enough light on the road. Another nice touch along with side to side lighting.
wow. I never knew they go up and down too. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Jimmyz
On the Daytona Gray choice..I was set on the Meteor Gray and I liked it on the dealer test car I dorve. It is a very interesting color, but after seeing the photos Wismie posted of her Daytona Gray A5 http://picasaweb.google.fr/wismie, , and other specimens I found, I changed my mind. I wanted something a little more unique, given lots of Meteor Gray/Magma Red S5's were being ordered.

Since I am in for $57K+, another $2K (and 2-3 week delay) was somewhat tolerable.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I don't get that. Wismie's A5 photos are great. Not that much of a difference between the body style of the two.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't get that. Wismie's A5 photos are great. Not that much of a difference between the body style of the two.
One of the main reasons why I chose PB is the contrast between the brushed silver mirrors, silver window lining, and silver/grey grill against the black body. I would like to see how that contrast looks on Daytona Grey, and because the A5 doesn't have all of those features, I can't get what I want to see from an A5 pic. What I really wish is that Audi had a really dark grey, like Porsche's Atlas Grey.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Likewise... also, you only get two colours, Black and silver.

However, the Daytona is absolutely stunning and flatters the cars lines more. I like the 'presence' of black, but the Daytona is by far the best colour IMO. f I were ordering again, I'd be hard torn between the two, even though you pay extra for the Daytona.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts