Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
theres been a lot of people wanting to see more pix of my car and seeing a quartz in person its actually a good amount different my car is very blue most of the time and rarely gray or silver its just extremely hard to capture in pics

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Love that color! I see that you blacked out the rings (and tips too?). What did you use to do that?

I'm sure you'll have a few folks asking you what kind of car that is... since you don't have any emblems on the back to give it away. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love that color! I see that you blacked out the rings (and tips too?). What did you use to do that?

I'm sure you'll have a few folks asking you what kind of car that is... since you don't have any emblems on the back to give it away. :)
Thanks, the emblem was done with flat black caliper paint and came out PERFECT i love it, unfortunately the tips are just dirty :( and i get questioned day and night about what car its is (3 times alone today) and ive had it since march lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
Very nice. I'm glad you did the right thing. You really shouldn't deprive the world of such beauty for so long.

·
Registered
457 Posts
...unfortunately the tips are just dirty :(
That just cracked me up for some reason. Unfortunately I can't see those pictures (Gov't computer blocks out a lot of pics for some reason). I'm pretty sure our colors are similar though.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Nice car, but for me it just doesn't work. Avus Silver and blacking out just don't go together.....I think. Maybe black on black would be nice.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Unfortunately I can't see those pictures (Gov't computer blocks out a lot of pics for some reason).
Shane, I've saved a few of the pics as attachments to this post so you can check them out. (BTW, several companies and organizations block access to photo storage sites like photobucket and imageshack, which is probably why you're not able to see many of the inserted photos in various posts that are linked to sites like that.)

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks TX. It appears Avus silver has more grey in it than Monza silver. Could be the lighting too. My car never seems to look the same color when I take pictures of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks TX. It appears Avus silver has more grey in it than Monza silver. Could be the lighting too. My car never seems to look the same color when I take pictures of it.
Thats what i noticed also with monza, it seems your car has much more silver and blue in it but mine has much more blue than quartz and isnt as dark, thanks for the comments guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.