Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, my phone (Verizon Motorola Q9M) connects via Bluetooth without problem. It downloads phone book quickly enough, and now I figured out how to import contacts into the car's Directory (under "Name" menu). However, it only seems to import the contact's name and phone number. It refuses to import the contact's address from my phone, which was the main point for me to import them (for use with navigation destination programming). Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a limitation of the technology, and I am just expected to manually input each contact's address (again)?

Re: AMI, either my cables are flaky, or the AMI is quirky, because it doesn't play nice with my USB storage devices. I have an approved Corsair 16GB flash drive (tested by Audi), and half the time when I start the car MMI says "Your device may not be connected properly" and I have to unplug and re-plug the USB flash drive to wake it up (I can tell when it's working because an LED "busy" light starts flashing when powered). Is everyone else unplugging and re-inserting their USB storage media every time they start their car?

AMI also misbehaves with the 250GB Western Digital Passport hard drive that folks on this and other forums seem to have no problem with. The 160GB model Passport is officially approved/tested by Audi, but I suspect my 250GB model exceeds the 500mA AMI power draw limit.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Is everyone else unplugging and re-inserting their USB storage media every time they start their car?
Nope. My 4GB flash drive has always worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you've never had to re-seat it? I wonder if my AMI is broken, or if temperature is playing a factor (it's probably 45-50 degrees in the garage the past few mornings).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
never

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.