Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting nearly a month now since i should have attended the last APS S5/A5 meet but could not make due to some foreign idiot that thought it would be cool to run me off the road at 70mph i could not wait any longer and am FINALLY booked in for Mon 7th to get my Milktek,Spacers and Springs fitted to my S5 which will be back with me this week after repairs :D
Doubledoom and Manor 50 will also be attending to replace there H & R Springs for KW Coilcovers.

I know it is a little short notice,do apologise but if anyone would like to attend for a chat or see what we are up to we will be at APS anyime after 9.30am.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hopefully there will be a chance for me and possibly Manor50 to give a before and after run so you can see what the difference is like with the springs and coilovers.

I will be having mine slightly raised (from the H&r Position. probably just by a few mm) due to running aground a couple of times on country lanes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully there will be a chance for me and possibly Manor50 to give a before and after run so you can see what the difference is like with the springs and coilovers.
That would be cool,cheers ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I recall Doom had the slash cut Milltek fitted so as I have the jet tips it will enable you to see/hear both in action and on very similar specced S5 to yours too :D

I will be having mine slightly raised (from the H&r Position. probably just by a few mm) due to running aground a couple of times on country lanes.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have the slash cut.

I should be able to get there on Monday a bit earlier now. Managed to persuade my parents to do the morning school run as well. ETA for me will be closer to 10am now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice one Doom,providing traffic is ok we are aiming to get there for 9.00 - 9.30 ish.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Look forward to seeing you in the morning. I should arrive around 9.45-10am.

Vag-com and laptop present so your dimming lights will be a thing of the past this time tomorrow.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm back now,1hr 45 min quicker than on way there :)

Must be my new Milktek/Spacers and Springs making me fly :D

I am wrecked so a better report on the day another day,feel like sh**e and my bed awaits.

Good to meet you today guys and cheers for sorting springs and lights out Doom,never really played about yet everything seems ok any issues i will give you a shout ;)

Awsome job APS,thanks again Ed and the guy's ;)

My drive home was soooo good :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm back now,1hr 45 min quicker than on way there :)

Must be my new Milktek/Spacers and Springs making me fly :D

I am wrecked so a better report on the day another day,feel like sh**e and my bed awaits.

Good to meet you today guys and cheers for sorting springs and lights out Doom,never really played about yet everything seems ok any issues i will give you a shout ;)

Awsome job APS,thanks again Ed and the guy's ;)

My drive home was soooo good :D
Hey Dude Great to meet you and glad you got home without ramming any lorries! ;) Glad to hear you're enjoying the mods. You car does look the muts doodars now... and sound it to boot! :D

DD, thanks for the VagCom mods to the lights/DRLs much appreciated.

Right... I have a date for the 25th July to get mine fitted... my cheque should have cleared by then!:cool:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Mad, great to hear you've a) got eh car back and b) started the process of 'refining' it! Hope you're as pleased with the mods as we all have been.

Ian, you'll be there on the 25th? Guess I'll see you then. Might bring my laptop and VAG-COM cable and see if you can remember precisely what DD did to you........

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Acknowledging that I am alive and made it home ok. Will post later with an update on the KW V2 coilovers. Will just say that I am very pleased with the improvement in the ride quality that they give. The harshness that was introduced with the H&R springs has gone and whilst its been over a month since I last ran on stock springs I believe the ride is back to at least stock level, possibly better. Maybe at the next meet someone can take me round the block in their unmodified version and I can then take them round in mine and we can compare. I will post more soon.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Mad, great to hear you've a) got eh car back and b) started the process of 'refining' it! Hope you're as pleased with the mods as we all have been.

Ian, you'll be there on the 25th? Guess I'll see you then. Might bring my laptop and VAG-COM cable and see if you can remember precisely what DD did to you........
Looks like I'll be there on the 25th yep... I couldn't let my car's sister car get out of mod-sync!! ;) You b*stards are going to bankrupt me!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You b*stards are going to bankrupt me!
lol Ian :D

Yes spacers on all over LittleDevil mods carried out on the day was 1" H&R lowering, 15mm Spacers,Milktek Exhaust (Jet Tip)

Here is some pics off my car now after APS :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Mad, think we got cut off on the phone the other night :confused:. Anyway, your car looks good.....you've obviously given it a clean since you got home too :)! Just done mine tonight, it was in a state after the trip back :eek: and when people at work comment about my car being dirty I make sure they can't say it 2 days in a row!

Goes without saying I guess that you are happy with the mods. Perhaps given the milage you do you may not feel the need to change to the coilovers. I'm chuffed to bits with them, got exactly what I wanted.

No doubt see you again at the next meet:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Acknowledging that I am alive and made it home ok. Will post later with an update on the KW V2 coilovers. Will just say that I am very pleased with the improvement in the ride quality that they give. The harshness that was introduced with the H&R springs has gone and whilst its been over a month since I last ran on stock springs I believe the ride is back to at least stock level, possibly better. Maybe at the next meet someone can take me round the block in their unmodified version and I can then take them round in mine and we can compare. I will post more soon.

Hey DD. You signature is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO out of date :D

Good to see that you too are pleased with the KWs. I started a thread specifically for the KWs, would be good if you posted your review/comments on there.

See you at the next meet no doubt :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm not going to post any pics of mine at the moment. Its so dirty it looks like meteor grey ;)

I took the car upto Norwich today and there is a bit of bump on the ring road which really knocked the breath out of all of us when the H&R springs were in. Today with the coilovers it was just another bump in the road and nothing more.

I am really pleased with the coilovers so far. I think for those with a daily use or high mileage car (or a wife and children), the coilovers are worth the money. For lower mileage cars you will be fine with the H&R Springs as long as you realise the ride will be harsh when going over bumps.

I still havent really tested it round the bends yet as I was trying to drive to Norwich and keep the mpg above 30mpg average. Boring!!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Just one more question are those spacers DRA or DR series? Do you have order code from them? Anyone using 15mm front and 25mm on the rear wheels, or that is not good idea, because if we use 25mm on the rear i think it will be little more agressive.

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi LittleDevil,

I believe the spacers we have had fitted are 15mm all round and are from the H&R DR series. Type no. 3055665.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Andy yeah got cut off on phone must have been shitty weather,had great drive home compared to way down anyway hence over 1hr 30 min less.

Very pleased with my mods,money very well spent and so far havnt experienced any harshness but again have drove on decent roads,time will tell.The look of the car awsome just what i wanted after seeing Ian's and Ess5 pics after they got same work done earlier on in year and exhaust what more can i say that hasnt already been said,awsome better looking and sounding in the flesh than any vid could do justice :)

I have been on sick Tues,Wed and rang me boss this morning to tell him to put me down for hols rest of week so i can sort myself out,felt like shit since sun afternoon,i must be slowly recovering as i went out to clean my car tonight as you see in the pics :)

Dropped and picked kids up from school since Tues with not being at work,gave me car a little run must say the kids inside and outside the car when i pulled up loved the car,oh and the noise :D

Will be at the next meet for sure providing i have nothing planned :)

Might even save up for a remap as my next purchase :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts