Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
S5 Cab
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

who’s insured with who for modified insurance,

Ive been with Adrian flux for years as all of my previous cars have been modified, however the prices seem to be going up, what do you think is a reasonable premium for a policy with exhaust / engine mapping mods ?

Interested to know your thoughts

Thanks

Rob

· Registered
77 Posts
I'm with A-Plan insurance, never needed to call on them for a claim. Was one of the few companies that would insure my MRC Stage 2 2013 S5 due to the % increase from stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2 no more
510 Posts
I have been with Keith Michael's for the last 19 years. As they only insure performance cars.
All my mods declared and cheaper than most

· Registered
75 Posts
A Plan for me, was cheaper that a Adrian Flux price, and not that much more than my previous insurance company with no mods added.
Always best to advise on mods, and if you do crash they cover the mods too, not worth the risk.

· Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
390 Posts
Just renewed with Sky insurance for my modded S5 (stage 2 + exhaust) and even with the addition of the exhaust this year, cost was the same as last year. £600 (10 years no claims, commute and 3 points) Happy with that.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Did you get the £30 early renewal discount? With that mine was £490, just £10 cheaper than last year. A-Plan did offer £485 but its with a new underwriter that I have never heard of so I decided not to switch just to save £5.

· Registered
1 Posts
Insurance for a modified car will is more expensive. The chances that something will break in it are higher, so this is the main reason why it will be more expensive. You can read more about this on moneyexpert.com. For example, I insured an old Japanese car. It was in an accident in Japan, and I bought I and reconditioned it in the United States. When I went to the insurance company, I was shocked about how much I need to pay for it. I had no other solution, so I accepted that price because I want my car to be insured.

· Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
390 Posts
Yes it's about the risk as opposed to insuring the item. In theory putting a sticker on the bumper/window can be considered a modification and should be declared :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

· Registered
186 Posts
And if you have to file a claim and they find out it was "modified", they may not pay you? In the US you do not have to get modified insurance. Some companies MAY cover the modified parts. But many will not and you would potentially be out the cost of the parts

· Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
390 Posts
Yes exactly that. They will use any excuse to not pay out. If a major accident assessors take a look and if they spot modifications that haven't been declared they will deny the claim.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi! My insurance rate went up, so I decided to change the agency. I usually don’t use the premium ones because I’m an attentive driver, which seems like a waste of money. I’ve got an insight lately that Americans pay a lot of money for their health, autos, and house insurance, while nothing ever happens to most of them. Idk; I don’t see a reason to worry and pay the highest price if I can save for something important. So I compared auto insurance for bad credit online and saw what’s the cheapest option. Everything’s better since and I pay less.

· Registered
186 Posts
Hi! My insurance rate went up, so I decided to change the agency. I usually don’t use the premium ones because I’m an attentive driver, which seems like a waste of money. I’ve got an insight lately that Americans pay a lot of money for their health, autos, and house insurance, while nothing ever happens to most of them
I am US also. Not exactly understanding what you are saying

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.