Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to run Audi A8 (the latest model) with 4.0TDI engine.:)
Owner says it has 275BHP and 650NM which seems to be right for a stock car. He says that he wants to go from 10KPH up to 170KPH.

Do I have any chance at all? Should I accept his offer? Let me know what you think......if I accept I will post a video of our run.;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
for sure You should go for it; just to have an judgement how the differences - especially I know U made ECU remap (with I am strongly consider about) - so its worth to try...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You'll win.

I've not done the power to weight calc, but I'm pretty certain the A5 is better.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This run is done and the fact is that I am surprised, the question is whether in a good or in a bad way....I will post the video very soon, for now tell, what result would you expect?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Alejandro - I'm with Ianhp1 on this. Surely your A5 has a better power weight ratio. As long as your gearchanges and timing are ok you must win??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks about right to me... The 0-62 on a standard A8 4.0 TDI is 6.7s, so with your 'power box' to boot, I'm not suprised.

T

·
Registered
493 Posts
nice one ;) A5 LOOKS far better than the A8 and obviously has better performance :)
thats the perfect car :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Why has been video removed ?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Such videos can't be left on the internet for too long as in my country people tend to report to police very often. Basically video was from 0 to 170KPH and I pulled 3-4 car lenghts on him by the end of video.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Info to police, don't be paranoic,

I have never heard about it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Info to police, don't be paranoic,

I have never heard about it.
I was having same opinion until I one day saw a video of my friend on our local TV......I don't need to say that he had his license suspended for 2 years and huge fine. He was driving Gallardo fast and had a video on YouTube.

I am not paranoic, I am just careful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts