Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some inspiration.. hopefully picking up a new b8 s5 next week in white and going to lightly mod it. I have trawled the forum for information/answers, and got contradicting findings.

1. Suspension- just want to take the gap out of the arches/ as low as poss wothout speed bump issues. How low is best to go? Up to 25mm on standard shocks? Which springs are best / most comfy? Eibach or h & r? Are there any sub £1k coilovers reccommended if wanting to go lower than 25?

1. 2. Wheels. Looking for some black wheel inspirstion? Is 19s on 35s ok, or 20s on 30s? Anyone got any pics of white a5s with black wheels? Looking to spend up to 1-1.5k on wheels, so may be looking 2nd hand..

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Lowthy mate wecome on board. My advice would be to collect the car and modify nothing at all at least for the first month, so you get a kind of a base line for how she looks and feels. Then by all means start but always ONE thing at a time and write down date, mileage and your impressions so that you can go back one step if you dont like it.

Enjoy the car and the experience!!!

Reactions: Critical_mass

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Not done suspension mods on mine, but like you would like to reduce the gap, but not enough to fit lowering springs. :) My old B6 A4 had gaps in the arches that should have come with the London Underground warning message, 'Mind the gap'!!

Anyhoo, not really a fan of pure black wheels on any colour car, just look a bit tacky to me. If had to go black, then they would be matt/satin, defo not gloss black. I would go gunmetal or anthracite. What wheels are on your new car? The 19 inch rotors are perfect for the white S5, but I maybe biased!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i completely agree with you against gloss black. Have anthracire grey twin spokes on my silver a4 outside and look great.
Yea i do like the look of them, are they black and diamond cut or grey / silver and diamond cut?

Have any pics of your car? At the moment has aftermarket wheels on but prefer audi ones. Do like the look of the 20" rs ones i think? Theyre twin spoke is that right?

These are current wheels

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
She is looking good mate.....

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
They do suit the car, but possibly not everyone's taste.

These are the standard 19" Rotors on my Black Edition S5. The same wheels on my old black A5 were replicas, but very good quality! You would struggle to tell the difference, unless you checked the stamps on the rear of the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Genuine A5/S5 19 inch Rotors in Black for sale in classifieds.

JG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts