Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in exploring the above ?
Any suggested sources ?
6.9L for a change on my 3.0TDi and at £46 for 4L is a frightening thought - but I would still prefer to change it at 10k miles than 20K

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Anyone interested in exploring the above ?
Any suggested sources ?
6.9L for a change on my 3.0TDi and at £46 for 4L is a frightening thought - but I would still prefer to change it at 10k miles than 20K
http://www.oil-store.co.uk/?path=item&id=444

This is the best deal i've found for oil, i'll be buying it close to when I need to top my oil this time as when I go for my next 10,000 mile change i'm just going to hand them these bad boys instead and cut my oil change cost down in half.

16 litres for £110 is excellent considering it cost about £15 a litre from halfords and the dealers.

9 litres will do my next change, and the rest can do for my topping up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't forget the VAT

I found that too - but you still\have to add 15% VAT and then £16 carriage.

Wherabouts are you ? Might be some advantage in one shipment.
The best price I found so far is Opie Oils with VWaudiforum discount. They say additional discount for larger purchases - but don't know what they call large.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
My neighbour bought me a 3 litre (3x1 pack) from CostCo. Just under £4 a litre for the correct Castrol stuff, I reckon it was priced up incorrectly!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I found that too - but you still\have to add 15% VAT and then £16 carriage.

Wherabouts are you ? Might be some advantage in one shipment.
The best price I found so far is Opie Oils with VWaudiforum discount. They say additional discount for larger purchases - but don't know what they call large.
I'm in West Lothian. Rab, Ali and Jen are also in Scotland, might be an idea to see if they are also interested as they will need the oil at some point too. It is without a doubt cheaper to buy it like this, even with VAT and deliver you still save a fair amount. I'm not sure how many miles most people do but I change my oil twice a year, once at the 10,000 mile mark and then at the 20,000 mile service mark.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil

The deal at Costco was certainly good - I trust soomeone went back and bought the rest of the stock - lol

I have brought oil back from France where it was much cheaper than UK - Mobil 1 for £25 / 4L. But that option is a wee bit difficult from Scotland.

Yes lets see what the local demand is and talk to Opie and others to see what they will do. I need some for my passat too - fairly soon.
s

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Castrol Edge

Was in makro tonight and they have Castrol Edge 4l at £34 + VAT.
Awaiting a reply from Opie on what "bulk" means for them.
If I don't get a reply I may give in and go for the Castrol. If anyone local wants some PM and we can arrange.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
come and get it

Talked to OPie Oils ...

For a min order of 2 boxes of 4 x 4l Mobil1 ESP they are willing to do £34 per 4l delivered free to one address.

I need min three x 4l

Anyone else nearby interested ?

We would need to arrange collection or transfer at a suitable location.

They have other oils that could be combined and again 4 x 4l is an economic unit.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oil

Strange if so as it is from the same source and I had advertised the same deal on there too.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oil+

and vwaudiforum

we're all of the same distinctive taste after all and Opie support all three sites.
SVAG seem to have thought it was good idea and have started their own thread which is duplication of effort and delay. No need to compete for favours.

I need to get this moved on as my first oil change is up for next Tuesday. I migght just order the min quantity of 507/ESP anyway and see who is interested in the rest.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
and vwaudiforum

we're all of the same distinctive taste after all and Opie support all three sites.
SVAG seem to have thought it was good idea and have started their own thread which is duplication of effort and delay. No need to compete for favours.

I need to get this moved on as my first oil change is up for next Tuesday. I migght just order the min quantity of 507/ESP anyway and see who is interested in the rest.
whats your username over on svag? sorry just being nosey :D

think we have a few interested over there, im going for 10 litres and another 10 for the tt as well just need to work out which one i need for the A5 first of all cause it gives me 4 choices!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oil ++

passing on all three

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and you ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ordered - Anyone want what is left - Mobil1 ESP

Ordered a four pack only for the moment. Anyone want the other two 4l packs of mobil1 ESP ? (Might end up being one if it it arrives in time to put in my Passat) Yours for what I paid each, £34 - if you collect (G83) or we agree a suitably convenient rendezvous.

PM

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ordered a four pack only for the moment. Anyone want the other two 4l packs of mobil1 ESP ? (Might end up being one if it it arrives in time to put in my Passat) Yours for what I paid each, £34 - if you collect (G83) or we agree a suitably convenient rendezvous.

PM
give me a shout when you get it and I will take if of your hands

Cheers

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

PM
I'll take it from you. PM me with a pickup point.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts