Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2010 a5 last week. For whatever reason, it won't recognize my iphone 3gs (with up to date software - 5.1). I also tried my girlfriend's 4s, her phone did not work either. MMI returns the message "this device isn't supported.... etc."

If anyone has any advice, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Maybe because it is preowned go in and clear out any existing phones already paired to the car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What version of the MMI do you have? And are you trying to connect via bluetooth or cable?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i thought i read somewhere that certain mmi versions dont connect with the latest iPhone software. i know my 2008 wont connect to my iPhone 4 with the latest software...

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I got mine (2009 Cab), it came with an MMI cable but no iPod or iPhone would work. I found that there are different types of cable depending on the model year. I got a replacement for the correct year and it all worked.

I think the previous owner had the cable from an earlier car and just left it in the glove box when he found out it didn't work.

I picked the cable up on Fleabay for a few quid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

Thank you all so much for the advice, it's much appreciated.

I am trying to connect via a cable, and because my phone charges when it is plugged in, I figured it is the right cable and the connection is fine. I will go into the dealer and see if they can offer any help.

I am so incredibly stoked on my a5, it's my favorite ride i've had to date. I just need to get this one mishap fixed. It's nice to know that this community exists and people are so helpful. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
The cable or type of cable has nothing to do with the car not pairing with the phone. That cable will only effect the iTunes playback. U think you need to unpaid any previous phones or reset to factory default. Or you need a phone module.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you got the isue fixed yet? It may be that the cable you are using is not supporting the Ipod/Iphone. I got my 2012 A5 4 weeks ago and tried plugging in my Ipod Classic with the supplied cables. After getting the same message as you I took it back to the dealers. 5 mins later they had identified that there was a later cable model out for my car and promptly replaced it....job done!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

Hi

I have 08 A5 sport

went to the audi dealer - they checked all hte cables they had but still system wouldnt recognise device.

They want to charge £180 to run a diagnositc report but thought id check here first

The guy thought that if it wasnt a factory fitted system that may throw up software issues -

did you have any luck with yours?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You implying that it was retro fitted or not Audi original? If latter I could believe the dealer, otherwise no. What device are you trying to connect?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts