Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone upgrade MMI to version 5570, phone prep and tuner?

(I don't mean new maps)

The new upgrade CD is 8K0 998 961.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Do you mean 5170? Or has there been another recent increase?

·
Registered
442 Posts
It looks like that's a newer release...

I don't know anybody with the 5570 version (I updated to 5170 some time ago), but I will ask about it...

Anyway, before updating the car we need to know what are the changes and if it's for the Audi A5/A4, because maybe that new release is for another model or even only for the newer MMI 3G of the newest A5/A4/Q5 (not mine).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well, I have all 3 discs and have run the update

As expected, Cd1 wasnt required. This appears to be all the updates needed to bring you to version 5170. (if you havent done this, note that it updates the CD player and you get an error in the middle that it cant read the drive. Not a problem as you reboot and run again and it will carry on with the ones it hasnt u
pdated)

CD2 took about 15 minutes and was an update to the bluetooth module and applications. Looks like more phone compatability updates.

CD3 had updates for Amp (inc DSP and B&O), TV, MP3, MMI main app and Tuner. About 25 minutes on this one.

No visual changes as expected. Nothing new to report as of yet.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
torrent.ial rain here ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
is this only for eu cars, cause i was at my dealer today and they said no updates avail

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is only for European cars.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
MMI-5570-4L0.998.961 was the filename for mine. It took multiple trackers to be downloaded. First one I found was no good although a few more trackers and it started finding enough to get a decent speed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Apparently the above-linked AudiForum.us thread has found at least one new feature in 5570: the CD/MEDIA-button is now able to scroll between different sources (CD, TV, AMI, AUX...) when clicking it multiple times.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MMI-5570-4L0.998.961 was the filename for mine. It took multiple trackers to be downloaded. First one I found was no good although a few more trackers and it started finding enough to get a decent speed.
The problem is, that 4L0998961 is for Q7, A6, A8 and 8K0998961 is for A4, A5 :thumbsdown:

I don't know, if they are the same. CD2 probably is the same, but CD3 is probably slightly different (I think it doesn't have updates for modules starting 8T0 and 8K0)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Dumb question but......

.....I'm gonna ask it anyway.

How do I display the MMI version #? I tried 'setup' and 'return' from the car menu on the way in this morning and it came up with various module rev codes, but othing that was obviously the MMI rev?

Tks in advance......

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
.....I'm gonna ask it anyway.

How do I display the MMI version #? I tried 'setup' and 'return' from the car menu on the way in this morning and it came up with various module rev codes, but othing that was obviously the MMI rev?

Tks in advance......
SETUP (in any menu), SETTINGS (top right soft button), Version. It is the top version number (SW) if I recall. Latest version should look like 5.5.7.0. or something...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Thanks Loc, just been out to check it and apparently it's:
B8-HU-46.9.0 0725.

Hmmm - does the '0725' correspond to the 5170/5570? In which case it's a bit puzzling as the car's had a couple of supposed MMI u/grades at the dealer in the past few months.

Think I'll download this eve and apply in any case, see what happens......:yikes:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
No, 4690 is your version.

I don't think they've made any MMI update, 4690 was my original version, my car is 11/2007.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to go back to basics but...
Having just checked my 01/08 S5 i have MMI 4690 everything seems to work fine. I am thinking of getting a new mobile phone is it worth updating my MMI to have a better chance of it being compatable as the new update updates the bluetooth (think i have the bluetooth high as i get a 16 digit code to put into my phone)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
The problem is, that 4L0998961 is for Q7, A6, A8 and 8K0998961 is for A4, A5 :thumbsdown:

I don't know, if they are the same. CD2 probably is the same, but CD3 is probably slightly different (I think it doesn't have updates for modules starting 8T0 and 8K0)
According to info from audiforum.us, these CD packages looks like they are the same. :thumbsup:
I have 8K0... original now and in comparison with 4L0 (torrent), they are the same.

So let the updates begin... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.