Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to figure out how to scroll the song/artist when I'm listening to a song. For example, listening to satellite, it will only show the first part of a title - I can't see the rest. Is there a way to make that stuff scroll so I can see the whole title???

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
You should usually see this in the list of songs on the screen, when in the CD/AUX mode. For me, it balloons out the artist/album/song info for what is playing (which is slightly annoying in that it covers the next song or two on the playlist). Now, with Sirius, I'm not sure...I can't recall the info provided, and it lapsed on me in less than two weeks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Every time I plug in my iPod, the AMI takes me straight to the "Artist" folder > the first Artist > plays the song of that Artist... is this the default? and can I change it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Every time I plug in my iPod, the AMI takes me straight to the "Artist" folder > the first Artist > plays the song of that Artist... is this the default? and can I change it?
It seems to be the default. I've tried changing it, and it doesn't seem possible :(

What I've done is to create a file which is 5 minutes of silence, and then named it A-A-A-5 Minute Silence for both title and artist.

That gives me long enough to pick a different album / artist :)

Japes

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I get the same bizarre song on start up every time and I don't even know where it came from... Mumbwai Theme or something!? Silence may be a good idea so that the song (any song) doesn't drive me crazy on start up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is that every time you turn the car on, or just whenever you unplug the iPod and plug it back in? That would be really obnoxious if it's on startup every time.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
And I almost came back to clarify because I thought someone might wonder about that! Only on a reset for whatever reason. Not just because you stopped and started the car. That WOULD suck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got an iPhone, and yes, it resets back to the first song in the artist list EVERY time I unplug it to leave the car...

Shame the car doesn't remember the name of the device plugged in (e.g. Japes iPhone), and only resets the playlist when that name changes.

Japes (crossing fingers for a firmware upgrade for AMI)

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts