Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Sat-Nav software updated on the MMI?

I know there is extra functionality on the system in the new Q5 and wondered if it's possible to have the same firmware reprogrammed to an A5/S5 unit..

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I don't know about the firmware being updated, but the DVD nav discs are available at your dealership. I'm not sure if the DVD nav discs will change the way in which the navigation operates or displays route data or directions, you may want to ask your local dealership. The DVD discs also aren't cheap!

I've grown to HATE the Audi Navigation system. There's various areas in Scotland where it's completely useless. Livingston being one of them, and some areas just outside Glasgow such as Hamilton and Lanarkshire - it even directs you to go up one way streets!!! And it also seems to take the longest route possible.

NavTeq (The creators of the Audi Navigation data) seem to have missed out much of Scotland in it's updates over the past few years. The amount of roads which have clearly been in place for 1, 2 or 3 years are STILL not updated on the sat nav!! It's so frustrating!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have updated both the MMI and the map dvd since last year. They are independent of each other.

However, the mk3 changes on the Q5 and others are also changes in the hardware. So dont expect those level of changes to occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts