Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys
I bought an a5 quatro 2014, when i bought it the MMI screen did jot work... the radio is working but the screen doesnt turn on.. i tried restarting the system but didnt work
I took the car to a local garage they couldnt find the fault as they said there is no power to the screen, can you please help??

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you checked if the connection to the screen is there? Is the wiring ok?
There are plenty of guides on trim removal of the screen shroud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have checked there is not power to the back of the MMI screen... i could not locate the fuse and the diagram is missing....
someone told me if the battery changed in the past it might had caused the issue...

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
191 Posts
Try to get a proper VAG-aware ODBII scan of your A5. Tools like Ross-Tech VCDS, OBEeleven, VAG401, etc., can do this (also the VAG ODIS tool, which some indy repair shops might have). A generic OBDII scanner communicates only with a small subset of VAG modules, so will not likely return any useful diagnostics for this.

The VAG PN for the 7in display unit is 8R0919604A, which is connected directly to the MMI main unit in the center dash through the wire harness. --g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... i got it fixed now... there was not power to the screen, I believe the previous owner changed the battery/depowered the car for long hence the battery and the screen needed to re-introduce.
Cost £80

1 - 5 of 5 Posts