Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

maybe someone knows a solution for this issue. I do not listen much music or use satnav. Also I do not like the MMI screen to be on, especially at night. Switching the screen off requires a 3step routine. And when the car is parked and used again that routine starts again.

Is there a possibility to do something so that the screenstatus is memorized between drives?

I am willing to spend a bit of money for that.

Thanx for your help on this.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
To turn the screen off is a one press option if I remember correctly - push and hold the volume control on the centre console until it switches off. To turn it on again, press the volume control again or any other function (Nav, Radio etc) button.

Whether it remembers this state after ignition OFF/ON I do not know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. You are right and it does remember it.
It then shows the MMI-S5 Logo all the time.
I actually was looking for a completly black or off screen.
Is there a posibility to exchnge the MMI-S5 Logo file with another "all black file"?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I'll be getting my A5 out of the garage shortly so I'll see what my screen does. I think it goes completely blank but I'll get back to you on that.

BTW, you should update your profile with your location as this is an international forum and it helps when answering questions if we know which country/market you're from. Different markets have different functions/features.

If you already have your S5 (congrats) you might like to update your signature as well. :D

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Just been out to my car and when I press and hold the radio button, the screen doesn't go blank, it displays the MMI 'logo' screen.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am of the other sort. I do want the radio going but would love to have the s5 logo stay on the screen. I realize this doesn't help you throttlesteerer but in my S5 the off screen is the s5 logo and not a blank screen. This is an Australian delivered vehicle though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking for the mod answer to this question of how to remove the MMI S5 screen image. Anyone found the vagcom code to delete the image or replace with your own perhaps?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Why don't you get a nice scrap of cardboard or posterboard cut it to fit and spray it black or any other color you choose and viola your a happy camper??????????

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I turn mine off quite often at night, especially on a long journey. I don't find it too much of a chore though and it's actually quite easy to do just by feel, without taking you eyes off the road - press bottom left on the centre console (Car) then bottom left of the four buttons around the central control knob and then the central knob and the screen goes blank. I know this doesn't answer your original question, but if you want a dark cockpit for night driving then buy a Saab!

·
Registered
388 Posts
KayMan,

I am also looking for the mod answer to this question of how to remove the MMI S5 screen image. Anyone found the vagcom code to delete the image or replace with your own perhaps?
The wonders of the search function....you'll find the answer here...as for replacing your own image, not aware of anyone that has successfully done this
http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html

Cheers :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts