Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 month old S5 has developed a problem, Got in the car this morning started up no probelem and drove away.

Half way down the road I turn the radio on. This comes on but the sound is intermittent, i.e. 1 second of sound, 1 second of radio, try the CD changer - get exactly the same thing. The car does not now recognise the Ipod when selecting sourse. The only option given is CD.

Navigation does not function, map show me stuck on a bridge over the M6, selecting a destination and the system begins directing me although the voice is suffeering the same as the CD, radio etc.

Tried turning the engine off, restarting etc. no effect.

Anybody got any ideas what the problem is? I am at the dealers tomorrow following an altercation with a brick wall causing a 3inch scratch/dent on the drivers rear side. The poor car seems to be having a rough time of it at the moment.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Exactly the same sort of problems / symptoms that I had with my car when it was new. In my case it was a faulty AMI. They replaced it and everything was ok. Sorry to hear about your 'scrape'. I've just done a similar thing with my near-side front wing. :eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the scrape -in my defence it was my wife who "misjudged" a turn, the only problem is the scratch dent is right on the swage line so it has to be filled and resprayed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts