Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It does turn off eventually. If you want to try it out, leave an uncharged iPod hooked up overnight and have a look at the charge level in the morning. You'll notice it hasn't charged any more.

Sometimes I wish it did still charge when the engine's off, as I've been in desparate need to charge my iPhone in the past.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use 4th generation Ipod nano.I always leave at cars,but sometimes the device cannot read and freeze my ipod.

·
Registered
132 Posts
AMI and Battery

I wondered about my hard disk on the USB lead to the AMI doing that as it stayed on after the car was shut down.
But I proved that it does in fact shut down some time later - locked the car and left it visible to see the power led.
I guess that the IPOD will be a but smarter than a dumb USB disk and if it gets no play command will shut itself down on power save anyway.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Energy management (see p. 227-228 of '09 S5 owner's manual)

FYI, the car has an intelligent energy management system. So, it will not allow itself or any attached accessories to drain the battery.

Below is from the owner's manual:

"If you listen to the radio, for example, with the engine turned off or use other MMI functions, the battery is being discharged.

If starting capability is jeopardized due to energy consumption, the following warning appears in the MMI display:

Please start engine, otherwise system will switch off in 3 minutes.

The warning indicates that the system will be turned off automatically after 3 minutes. If you wish to continue using the functions, you have to start the engine.
"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.