Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Had a couple of questions regarding the MMI Interface and its ability to sync up with MP3 players. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I read a couple of reviews online regarding the Audi Interface and Ipod connection. From what I understand, the Ipod and MMI Interface sync up perfectly. You can control everything from your navigation buttons, and you can access all folders, playlists, etc. On the other hand, I heard other mp3 players don't sync up quite as well. For example, I read that the Zune mp3 player cannot be controlled by the MMI. Has anyone tried syncing any other mp3 players, besides an Ipod to the MMI interface? Does the A5 come with a USB port where you can connect an external harddrive, or any other similar device, to the interface? Will it sync up?

I would try out these things myself, but still have another month and a half until my A5 arrives. Just want everything ready by then so I can cruise as soon as I get my car!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does the A5 come with a USB port where you can connect an external hard drive, or any other similar device, to the interface?
There is an AMI (Audi Music Interface) connector in the glove box. This connector allows you to use different type of cables (iPod, USB, mini-USB, 3.5mm mini-plug) depending upon your desired setup. (See pics here.) For instance, you'd use the mini-USB cable to hook up a portable hard drive. You'd use the USB cable to hook up a USB flash drive, which is what I use.

Photos of MMI screen with music stored on USB flash drive:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/ami-questions-2065/index.html?p=24123

Post by member using 250GB portable hard drive:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/sd-card-1888/index.html?p=22600

Regarding success in syncing up other types of MP3 players, I don't know the answer to that.

·
Registered
914 Posts
More info on AMI

Can be found here:

AMI

It also has a PDF with includes all tested harddrives, mp3 players, USB sticks, memory cards, etc.

Will it work?

Apparantly you can upgrade the firmware of the AMI also (for free).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
S4udibert, thanks for the links... but most people on this forum probably can't read it since it's in German.

For those who can't read it, an English version can be found here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts