Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,
Just a quick question regarding music in the A5 2009.

My 2009 A5 is at the dealer and im going to collect it on Thursday! I've got both the MMI and B&O, and wanted to prepare some music.

1. Does the CD player and/or changer play MP3 CDs?
2. Does the car come with an SD card slot (or was that with older MMI systems)?
3. Does the SatNav DVD player play MP3 DVDs?

Ive looked thru older threads but replies are either uncertain or could be different to the 2009 model.

Thanks for your quick help!
Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey LD,
Thanks for ur reply my friend.

2. What does that depend on exactly? Country/Region, A5 model, luck!?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think he meant the Chorus/Concert/Symphony radios. For the Navigation System you need at least the Concert which does have a SD-Slot.

Not sure about Symphony however since its a multi-disc CD Changer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazing thanks!
2 more days to go!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think he meant the Chorus/Concert/Symphony radios. For the Navigation System you need at least the Concert which does have a SD-Slot.

Not sure about Symphony however since its a multi-disc CD Changer.
Where is this SD-Slot located?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi guys,
my A5 is here and its freakin awsome.

just wanted to give an update on the SD Slots. I've got the new 3G MMI and the SD slots are not where the photo shows. there are 2 SD slots located further up the console under the cd/dvd slot. I'll take some photos tomorrow of the car and show you.

just another question. the car came with satnav, but to my dissapointment, it doesnt include maps for cyprus (making it rather useless). the dealer said that if i can find some 'downloadable' maps, he will try to put them on. do you guys know if i could download extra satnav maps? if so where?

if this is a sensitive question please accept my apologies and pm me instead.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was wondering about the Navigation System and Cyprus combination. Would be interesting to see if any maps are available, although I doubt it...

But I wish you a great time with your new car!! I cant wait to get my hands on our car... Another couple of months to go:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh I somehow doupt it too! Lets see what others have to say though. Its intersting cause there are maps for Garmin systems and on my Nokia phone for instance. But I doupt these would work in A5's satnav.

Thanks alex! You wont be dissapointed! What did you get?!

·
Registered
132 Posts
maps

hi guys,
just another question. the car came with satnav, but to my dissapointment, it doesnt include maps for cyprus (making it rather useless). the dealer said that if i can find some 'downloadable' maps, he will try to put them on. do you guys know if i could download extra satnav maps? if so where?
You can often get maps on ebay but I believe the Audi maps are supplied by Teleatlas and so this may be of use to at least getthe right format

http://www.teleatlas.com/WhyTeleAtlas/ContactUs/index.htm?Lang=DU

Good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Movies

What do i have to do to watch movies using hard drive, i dont have dvd player or tv. Is it expensive and will it work.
I think it will be easier and kinder on the pocket to stick an IPOD in front of the MMI screen and play the audio back through the AMI.

There was a post on vwaudiforums I think, that I can no longer find, from a guy who kitted his A6 out DIY with TV input mainly for a PC and that would give you TV/DVD if you happen to have a spare suitable laptop around.

Found this from "Loc" on the S5 forum here as well - follow the menu and it explains about fitting TV so may help with DVD. Seems best to start witha parking camera already fitted and so Imay be following it myself
A5 "real" MMI vs. radios explained www.geocities.com/a6retrofit/articles/a4a5realmmi.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the 3g MMI plays dvd movies!
u can only play them when the vehicle is stationary tho :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.