Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
You need to reconstruct the original file structure and then apply the appropriate activator.

But first I'd like you to cut and paste the contents of the metainfo text file so we can see what that does / did ...
This is the original FSC activator meta info. There's no meta info for the (script) activator, which I applied at the last update.
###################################################
# #
# AUDI MMI 3G MAPS VERSION 2015-2016 #
# #
# by 571 & Sjaxo #
# #
# #
# #
# HNav_EU_K0257_6_D2 #
# #

[common]
release = "HNav_EU_K0257_6_D2"
vendor = "Becker Automotive"
variant = "9307"
variant2 = "9308"
variant3 = "9411"
variant4 = "9408"
variant5 = "9409"
variant6 = "9410"
variant7 = "9498"
variant8 = "9499"
variant9 = "9425"
variant10 = "9436"
variant11 = "9478"
variant12 = "9461"
variant13 = "9407"
variant14 = "9406"
variant15 = "9304"
variant16 = "9303"
region = "Europe"
region2 = "RoW"
skipFileCopyCrc = "true"
skipEraseOrphanedImageHeaders = "true"
skipCheckRegion = "true"
skipCheckVariant = "true"
checkAllUpdates = "true"
EnableUserDefinedSWDLMode = "true"
Metafilechecksum = "B0E79EBE"

# #
# FSC - Updating File System Check #
# #

[FSC]
VendorInfo = "Audi AG"
DeviceDescription = "HNav_EU_K0257_6_D2"

[FSC\Navi\0\default\File]
Version = "4"
Source = "0004000B.fsc"
FileSize = "202"
Destination = "/HBpersistence/FSC/0004000B.fsc"
DisplayName = "FSC 0004000B"
DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true"
IsDestinationInFFS = "true"
UpdateOnlyExisting = "false"
CheckPoint = "134217728"
CheckType = "CRC32_CheckWrittenData"
CheckSumSize = "134217728"
CheckSum = "AE1BCFF6"

·
Registered
18 Posts
You need to reconstruct the original file structure and then apply the appropriate activator.

But first I'd like you to cut and paste the contents of the metainfo text file so we can see what that does / did ...
Hi Julian, I really appreciate you wanting to help. In my previous post I've posted the metainfo from the original FSC activator, which worked.
So as you know, after installing the last update, I probably unneccessarily used another (wrong- script) activator, which caused my navigation to be blocked after 5 minutes.
Here is also the content of this activator's run.sh file. How can I reverse this last installation or solve this problem?

#!/bin/ksh

#remount SD as rw
DRVS="sd0 sd1"
for i in $DRVS ; do
if [ -d /fs/$i ] ; then
if [ -e /fs/$i/upd ] ; then
mount -u /fs/$i
mount -u /fs/$i
SDCARD=/fs/$i
echo remount $SDCARD
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$SDCARD/utils
fi
fi
done

runtstamp=date +"%m/%d/%Y ""%T"

$SDCARD/utils/showScreen $SDCARD/screens/scriptStart.png
cd $SDCARD
/bin/mount -uw /mnt/efs-system
if test -a /sbin/mme-becker.sh ; then
# check if second install
XX=/usr/bin/grep acios_db.ini /sbin/mme-becker.sh
if [ ! -z "$XX" ]
then
# already installed - uninstall first!
$SDCARD/utils/showScreen $SDCARD/screens/error1.png
/bin/rm -f /tmp/copie_scr.sh
echo > /tmp/copie_scr.sh
exit 0
fi
# backup mme-becker.sh for later uninstall
/bin/cp /sbin/mme-becker.sh /sbin/mme-becker.sh.pre-navdb.bak
# remove mme-becker launch line
$SDCARD/utils/sed "/\/sbin\/mme-becker/ d" < /sbin/mme-becker.sh > /sbin/mme-becker.sh.new
/bin/mv /sbin/mme-becker.sh.new /sbin/mme-becker.sh
cat << 'EOF' > /sbin/mme-becker.sh
#!/bin/ksh

(waitfor /mnt/lvm/acios_db.ini 180 && sleep 10 && slay vdev-logvolmgr) &

/sbin/mme-becker [email protected]
EOF
chmod 777 /sbin/mme-becker.sh
else
# first install
$SDCARD/utils/sed "s/\/mme-becker$/\/mme-becker.sh/" < /etc/mmelauncher.cfg > /etc/mmelauncher.cfg.new
if ! test -a /etc/mmelauncher.cfg.orig ; then
# just keep original version - so just do this the first time
/bin/mv /etc/mmelauncher.cfg /etc/mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak
fi
/bin/mv /etc/mmelauncher.cfg.new /etc/mmelauncher.cfg
cat << 'EOF' > /sbin/mme-becker.sh
#!/bin/ksh

(waitfor /mnt/lvm/acios_db.ini 180 && sleep 10 && slay vdev-logvolmgr) &

/sbin/mme-becker [email protected]
EOF
chmod 777 /sbin/mme-becker.sh
fi

echo -ne "$runtstamp - Installation successful\r\n" >> $SDCARD/install.log
$SDCARD/utils/showScreen $SDCARD/screens/scriptDone.png
#slay -9 pidin | grep -i 'navcore'
/bin/rm -f /tmp/copie_scr.sh
echo > /tmp/copie_scr.sh

·
Registered
A8 2015
133 Posts
Chris72, thanks for that. [Suggest you attach any files in future though, rather than including inline].

I'm hoping user DrGer will 'chime in' as he has some unix experience ...

J

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@Chris72 : Take a look at this MMI 3G SD script HERE. Extract the ZIP archive to a full-size SD card formatted as FAT32. After the script is run, remove the SD card from slot SD 1 and three-button restart the MMI system. Inspect plain-text file "run-restoremmebecker.log" on the SD card for signs of trouble (or success, as the case may be).

BTW, where did you find that 3G High FSC installer (from which the metainfo2.txt file was quoted, above) ? A pointer/link would be useful. --g

·
Registered
18 Posts
@Chris72 : Take a look at this MMI 3G SD script HERE. Extract the ZIP archive to a full-size SD card formatted as FAT32. After the script is run, remove the SD card from slot SD 1 and three-button restart the MMI system. Inspect plain-text file "run-restoremmebecker.log" on the SD card for signs of trouble (or success, as the case may be).
Hi, DrGer. Thank you for the reply and help.

I've had the FSC file saved on my computer for 5 years. I found it on this (old) forum in 2016. The topic was about 2015/2016 MMI 3G High.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi DrGER, I've run the script and attached the result. Can you see anything strange on it? Kind regards.
P.S. If you need that FSC activator, I can send it to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
Hi DrGER, I've run the script and attached the result. Can you see anything strange on it? Kind regards.
P.S. If you need that FSC activator, I can send it to you.
Hmmm, yes, something not right there. PM sent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmm, yes, something not right there. PM sent.
Thanks guys (JulianHicks, DrGER and Fred44NL) for trying to help with the activators conflict. Unfortunally, nothing worked.
In the past 3 days I've had a lot of stress and spent a lot of time in my car,/PC/ forum because I couldn't activate the updated maps. I've used many different activators, but none worked. The biggest problem why the newest maps didn't activate automatically is that I had Firmware HNav_EU_K0257_6_D2 installed on the previous maps/ firmware. This while the majority of maps are made for HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 Firmware.

But I do have good news! I have the latest (2021/2022) maps version 6.33.1 installed with HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 firmware. I got the latest version from THIS thread.
How did I do it?
  • I downloaded the Hnav maps 6.33.1 (activator included) from the other thread (link above)
  • Also I've downloaded the HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 Firmware from the other thread (link above)

Installation:
1. Installed the HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 Firmware, because this maps are made for this firmware and not for HNav_EU_K0257_6_D2 Firmware.
2. I installed the Green Menu script. (which in my case I needed for deleting the old database and HDD partition, different Firmware versions.......D2--->D1..)
3. Installed the "new" (D1) Firmware threw Engineering menu.
4. Deleted the navdatabase and HDD partition threw Green Menu. No need for this if you are already on HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 Firmware.
5. Installed the activator which I downloaded together with 6.33.1 maps.
6. Installed the 6.33.1 maps threw Engineering menu (standard).
7. Navi Activated and WORKING :)

Good luck guys :)

·
Registered
A8 2015
133 Posts
Well you got there in the end but I'm going to throw a 'spanner in the works' ;)

There's no such thing as Firmware _D2. All Euro 3G High MMI updates are _D1 (but don't ask me what that means or why we need a suffix to the version code)! The _D2 identifier arises from the FSC activator, which has to look like an MMI update, so the author chose to identify it with that _D2 suffix.

There are no differences in the MMI code between D1 and D2 other than that the D2 'update' has added/replaced a single file in the /mnt/efs-persist/fsc folder.

However, this has revealed a useful identifier in that anyone with the _D1 version hasn't previously used the FSC activator and anyone with the _D2 identifier has ...

J

P.S. This exercise hasn't really explained why your MMI with the FSC activator didn't work with the 6.32 maps :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
2020 maps version 6.30.1 - PLEASE NOTE - this package is ONLY suitable for 3G and not 3G+/3GP so if your firmware version doesn't match the style indicated in the instructions do not bother downloading this file, as it's been cut down to make the download smaller and so it'll fit on a 32GB SD card without issues.

26.99 GB folder on MEGA

The link above includes an activator file, but if you've successfully updated in the last couple of years you shouldn't need it. Note that the activator needs to go on a seperate SD card, and shouldn't be copied with the map files.

For facelift cars with 3G+/3GP see other thread for correct links - don't muddle them up as it doesn't go well.....

Update instruction guide below - this one is a better layout than the one I produced a couple of years ago, and covers firmware updating etc

MEGA

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE FOR EUROPE, NOT ROW OR NA and I cannot help with questions about where to find them.

I did not need to re-activate, having done so for 2018 maps. I did still get the SVM error in VCDS, which doesn't stop it working if you leave it/don't have VCDS.

I recommend using JDownloader to grab the links and WinRAR for extracting the archives when finished downloading. If you hit the download limit from Mega and don't want to pay for premium downloads I can recommend using the Opera browser, which has a built in VPN tool so all you need to do is switch location and it will allow you to continue downloading. You do lose the option to use JDownloader if you go that route.

These files are from a variety of sources, so credit due to all those who compile and make available :grin2:

If you don't have up to date firmware, links in the thread below:

MMI 3G navigation 6.24.2 Europe and firmware updates -...
hello, can this work on audi a4 mmi 3g?

·
Registered
A8 2015
133 Posts
hello, can this work on audi a4 mmi 3g?
If your MMI version starts "HNav_EU..." then this thread is valid for you.

It explains how to update the European HNav MMI version to "HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1" and to update European maps to Version 6.30.1 [named as 2020 maps but really the maps of Europe as of 2019].

NOTE: The maps here are only for HNav systems; there are newer maps elsewhere but you need to ensure that you extract the maps you need for 3G HNav systems. [The maps elsewhere will probably contain map data for both '3G HNav' MMI systems and '3G+ HN+' MMI systems].

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your MMI version starts "HNav_EU..." then this thread is valid for you.

It explains how to update the European HNav MMI version to "HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1" and to update European maps to Version 6.30.1 [named as 2020 maps but really the maps of Europe as of 2019].

NOTE: The maps here are only for HNav systems; there are newer maps elsewhere but you need to ensure that you extract the maps you need for 3G HNav systems. [The maps elsewhere will probably contain map data for both '3G HNav' MMI systems and '3G+ HN+' MMI systems].

J
Hello Julian and thx for reply. My software version is: Bnav_EU_P0206_D1... and I only have DVD with maps from 2012. Can you help me where to download newest maps for my soft vers.
Thanks

·
Registered
A8 2015
133 Posts
Hello Julian and thx for reply. My software version is: Bnav_EU_P0206_D1... and I only have DVD with maps from 2012. Can you help me where to download newest maps for my soft vers.
Thanks
Sorry; this thread (and my experience) is related to the MMI and Navigation of HDD based systems. Not sure if the BNAV thread covers Navigation ...

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry; this thread (and my experience) is related to the MMI and Navigation of HDD based systems. Not sure if the BNAV thread covers Navigation ...

J
Ok, thank you.. I will try with this 5.31.2 from your reply... I have 2017 3g basic... and activator from the same place... but when I put sd with act, nothnig happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts

J
5.31.2 worked for me... the only problem is that the map doesn't show my exact location... and how to change voice language to english... i have downloaded dvd language pack but player doesnt load it when I go to settings language change

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
My MMI is behaving strangely, it seems that the joystick is sticky as the crosshair keeps popping up randomly and moving to the right. It seems a sticky button, but physically it works fine. Could this be software related, maybe a setting somewhere hidden in the green menu? I suspect one of the buttons in the joystick to be faulty, but don't want to change the unit just yet. @Baas J. ever seen this behavior before?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello, I have an audi s4 2010 year imported from the USA, MMI 3G radio is installed in the car (high or + "I don't know how to check it") with Bang & Olufsen sound system, I want to upload the latest navigation map in version 6.33.1, can I without any problems to do it from the green menu item? do I have to change the firmware to a newer one (currently there is a version: HNav_EU_K0257_5_D1 with Polish because I want it to be Polish)

what do i have to do step by step?

So what is the latest navigation map for MMI 3G High available? where can I download this map from? do you have a download link?

p.s. in my MMI 3G High there is probably the final version of the firmware, so it is not possible to update it anymore, the question is whether the map in version 6.33.1 will work with the MMI 3G High with the firmware version HNav_EU_K0257_5_D1

Vehicle Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Car

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
499 Posts
@CenturionM : You write that your 2010 S4 is imported from USA. Is the picture in your post of your 2010 S4 showing the current version information ? If that is the case, EU MMI 3G High has only one more update to HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1. If your MMI system is in English language with US software version, update to EU with Polish language is not so simple or easy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@CenturionM : You write that your 2010 S4 is imported from USA. Is the picture in your post of your 2010 S4 showing the current version information ? If that is the case, EU MMI 3G High has only one more update to HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1. If your MMI system is in English language with US software version, update to EU with Polish language is not so simple or easy.

the crack is already uploaded, the photo shows the software version and I will stay on it - I only need a navigation map because it is not there

torrent link not working

121 - 140 of 259 Posts