Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Managed to brick my unit during the firmware update, been following the Kelso Guiana guide but not managing to get the usb to ttl converter to show any data in teraterm, anyone with any advice or knowledge would be appreciated!

·
Registered
A8 2015
48 Posts
My RS5 still has the original firmware HNav_EU_P0029_D1 and 5.11.7 nav database. Can I upgrade directly to 0257_6 or do I need to go through all previous versions?
You don't need to do them all. There are untested reports that if you' re 'below' 0031 you need to install that first and then go to 0257. There are also untested reports that you can go to 0257 in one go Post #109 below shows that you CAN go from P0029 to K0257 in one go ... :cool:
Can't comment yet as
I'm still waiting to do my friend's Q5 but I'll test what works and report back ...

J

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok posting on this thread as I hope more appropriate, I have updated my mmi 3 high. Unfortunately I attempted to activate it with a an activator for a 3GP/+ (not great). My question to you all is, can I use any activator or does it need to be related to the version of Maps I am trying to activate?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I successfully activated maps with this ACTIVATOR, put it on sdcard and wait 10 sec to load it up its same proces like green menu activator.
This one unblocked it for me.
ignition needs to be on though before it works.
so get in car turn on ignition no need to start put sdcard in slot wait the 10 seconds or less and you will get prompt press any key. follow prompts, after it says it was succesfull it wil not be unblocked yet but next time you get into your car(after the 10 minute shutdown wait) it should be working.
Obviously you can also reboot the mmi.

now silly me did something stupid I guess and pressed "re-check database(will need to reboot)" in the green menu.

and now it loads up to 27% and then goes to the initializing database in the navigation screen and this takes more then 10 minutes .... Am I screwed and need to do the navigation update again? or do I need to be a bit more patient.

obviously not my mmi 3g screen but nicked this from someone else.

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
now silly me did something stupid I guess and pressed "re-check database(will need to reboot)" in the green menu.

and now it loads up to 27% and then goes to the initializing database in the navigation screen and this takes more then 10 minutes .... Am I screwed and need to do the navigation update again? or do I need to be a bit more patient.

obviously not my mmi 3g screen but nicked this from someone else.
So, why would you want to do that if you didn't need to ?

On the 3GP systems GEM [Re-check database (will need reboot)] runs shell script /mnt/efs-system/scripts/reCheckNavDB.sh, which removes navigation configuration file /database/acios_db.ini. Upon reboot, process /mnt/ifs-root/usr/bin/vdev-logvolmgr rebuilds this configuration file (or at least it's suppose to). The activator script you ran changes the QNX startup so that vdev-logvolmgr is terminated after the system finds acios_db.ini. You might want to examine the contents of /database/acios_db.ini and compare with the installed packages. On our NAR 3GP system, acios_db.ini looks like this:

Code:
# This file has been generated by the LVM (epoche 46)

ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/PSD_NAR/APN193NA19473P1522b.5_1.0.ATLAS
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/TER3_NAR/86_DTM_3G_NT_NAR.4_4.2.ATLAS
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/GDB2_NAR/AJ932_v36a.gd2
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/PIT_NAR/AJ932a.PIT
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/TER_NAR/86_DTM_3G_NT_NAR.4_4.0.ATLAS
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/GDB_NAR/AJ932_v36a.gdb
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/LIT3GP_NAR/AJ932Pa_L1.db
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/XAC2_NAR/kN193NAx03_1.db
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/TMC3GP_NAR/kN193NAx03t01.db
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/PSD2_NAR/APN193NA19473P1522b.5_1.1.ATLAS
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/LIT3GP2_NAR/AJ932Pa_L2.db
#SDS: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/SDS3GP_NAR/SDS_Data.iso
#MNT(SDS): /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/SDS3GP_NAR/SDS_Data.iso
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/CTYS3TC_NAR/3PN193NA19383P1524a.4_4.ATLAS
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/LIT3GP4_NAR/AJ932Pa_L4.db
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/LIT3GP3_NAR/AJ932Pa_L3.db
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/XAC_NAR/kN193NAx03_0.db
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/LABEL_NAR/Label.DB
ANY: /mnt/nav/db/pkgdb/TER2_NAR/86_DTM_3G_NT_NAR.4_4.1.ATLAS
My guess is that if nav gets stuck on initialization, the nav process doesn't like some of the data it's getting. --g

Reactions: JohnS4

·
Registered
16 Posts
whatever it did not like.... I did notice a file pass by that said 2008 after pressing that re-check function.

Anyway in the end I tried to reinstall mapstyles since it is nice and small and don't have to dig to deep in the system. that did not work.

Next I reinstalled all the small update files for the map and that fixed it.
On first and second thought I might have been ok with just reinstalling the configuration part, but I did not want to go back and forth so just did the lot.

After that working ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
My RS5 still has the original firmware HNav_EU_P0029_D1 and 5.11.7 nav database. Can I upgrade directly to 0257_6 or do I need to go through all previous versions?
Just to confirm. Did the upgrade from P0029_D1 straight to 0257_6. Had the ignition switched ON with the car on a charger, but the engine not running. Car shut down the ignition after half an hour in the middle of an upgrade, but the MMI kept its power and the upgrade was not affected. Still running the old maps, will do that upgrade later this week.

Steps I took as described in the excellent opening post:
  1. download firmware package
  2. unpack and copy content of the 0257_6 folder to the root of an sd-card
  3. put car on a charger and turn ignition on
  4. wait for MMI to fully boot
  5. enter engineering mode and start firmware upgrade
  6. sit and wait for 45 minutes, MMI will reboot several times

·
Registered
A8 2015
48 Posts
Just to confirm. Did the upgrade from P0029_D1 straight to 0257_6. ...

... Still running the old maps, will do that upgrade later this week.
Thanks for confirming that you CAN go direct from P0029_ to K0257_ (y) (I'm going to be upgrading a 2010 Q5 with the same levels of MMI & Map shortly).

Can you confirm that the navigation still works with no need to (re)activate?

J

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for confirming that you CAN go direct from P0029_ to K0257_ (y) (I'm going to be upgrading a 2010 Q5 with the same levels of MMI & Map shortly).

Can you confirm that the navigation still works with no need to (re)activate?

J
Yes, I can confirm the maps and navigation are still working. No reactivation, just took some 5 minutes before the maps were available after booting the MMI. Maps and firmware were the original OEM from factory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Drove the RS5 yesterday for a 50KM trip and navigation with the old maps is working properly after the firmware upgrade. So to confirm: you can go directly from factory firmware to 0257_6 without installing new maps or reactivation. The only thing I had to do was wait a few minutes before the maps were available (probably rebuilding the database) and reconnect by phone as it wiped the Bluetooth connections.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my 3G High (Hnav) with Firmware Version 0257_6 I've had the 6.22-version installed with the FSC activator. In 2018 I've installed the 6.26-version and didn't need to activate.
Today I've installed the 6.32-version and my navigation is blocked. I've tried all possible activators (FSC and a couple of scripts) and none of them keeps the navigation active, longer then 5 minutes. After +/- 5 minutes, the activation is deactivated.
Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do?
P.S. At none of maps updates I deleted database or partitions. So all updates were so called overwrites of the old maps.

·
Registered
A8 2015
48 Posts
There are a few activators around; some are 3G High, some 3G Plus. What do you mean by the FSC activator? Can you look at it with Notepad, cut it and paste it?

The activators work by manipulating MMI files; the Map update only updates the MMI maps and shouldn't alter the MMI file structure and shouldn't be affected by map updates once installed. Maybe there's a mismatch between logic or data of the activator you'd previously applied and the 6.32 maps?

J

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi I need help: I have successfully updated both the k_0942_4 firmware and the 2021-2022 maps. the problem is that when I entered the activator it gave me an error saying it was already there. but now it no longer allows me to enter the green or red menu. you can help me? Thanks Gadget Font Laptop Electronic device Multimedia

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a few activators around; some are 3G High, some 3G Plus. What do you mean by the FSC activator? Can you look at it with Notepad, cut it and paste it?

The activators work by manipulating MMI files; the Map update only updates the MMI maps and shouldn't alter the MMI file structure and shouldn't be affected by map updates once installed. Maybe there's a mismatch between logic or data of the activator you'd previously applied and the 6.32 maps?
Thank you for your reply. I can not open the .fsc file with notepad. Need special program to open it. I did attach the map structure, and there's only one (.fsc) file at the end of the stucture. Also, I've attached a screenshot of script I've installed (Hnav).
Maybe I've made a mistake by installing the new activator (script), directly after installing the maps. This while the old FSC activator was already there?
The difference between FSC and other activators is that I needed to install FSC threw Engineering menu.
But the problem now is that with both activators (script and FSC) I get the message: "Already Installed".

Should I delete the database and HDD partition threw Green Screen and install again? In this case, do I also have to install the Firmware, again?
Rectangle Parallel Font Technology Circle
Rectangle Font Art Circle Electric blue
Rectangle Handwriting Font Magenta Art

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
Maybe I've made a mistake by installing the new activator (script), directly after installing the maps. This while the old FSC activator was already there?
This sounds likely to be the problem here.

"Activation" is needed ONLY if navigation data is blocked or unavailable, as noted on the MMI screen. If you have access to navigation data for 5+ minutes after a nav data update, no other action is needed.

You may try to back out the changes made by the "activator" script & see if that restores access to your navigation data. --g

101 - 120 of 137 Posts