Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
301 - 315 of 315 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I have tried your code on my MMI3 G high and can confirm that your expetation (like all others I have read) is true, the result was - like expecte from my HNav_EU_K0257_5_D1 :)
Code:
[INFO] search for Train info in syslog
HNav_EU_K0257_5_D1
well done...

· Registered
20 Posts
Hello

Installing the latest maps 6.35.1 which activator you guys use ? I have one that is in german language and another one that says press any button to continue( i saw the screenshots on map pack) havent tried yet.

Thanks

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@kmaci27 : Regarding your PM question: see my note to @ware here: MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020

I don't recommend using any of the so-called "activator" scripts to enable NAV after a nav database update since I simplified the process (discovered by Keldo nine years ago); my reworked system patch is HERE. --g

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@kmaci27 : You wrote in a PM:

"When i updated a 3gp of a friend i did dele nav database first from green menu.​
I read you and u dont see that as a must on 3GH​
Me deleting the maps first or not does it change anything"​

Unless you are changing regions (for example, NAR to EU), deleting the nav database from the Green Engineering Menu is not necessary on either 3GH or 3GP. You can do it, but you gain no real benefit (unless you like sitting around waiting for the MMI to complete this task). If you are updating in the same region, I advise NOT to do this. --g

· Registered
20 Posts
@kmaci27 : You wrote in a PM:

"When i updated a 3gp of a friend i did dele nav database first from green menu.​
I read you and u dont see that as a must on 3GH​
Me deleting the maps first or not does it change anything"​

Unless you are changing regions (for example, NAR to EU), deleting the nav database from the Green Engineering Menu is not necessary on either 3GH or 3GP. You can do it, but you gain no real benefit (unless you like sitting around waiting for the MMI to complete this task). If you are updating in the same region, I advise NOT to do this. --g
All clear thank you. One more question.

Car has 6.17.3 maps. I dont know who updated them before, and what method they used.
I can just install new maps and wait if the navigation will be blocked or not ? If yes just run the bypass ?
What if they used an activator ? Is there any risk to brick the unit or anything like that ?

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
Car has 6.17.3 maps. I dont know who updated them before, and what method they used.
I can just install new maps and wait if the navigation will be blocked or not ? If yes just run the bypass ?
What if they used an activator ? Is there any risk to brick the unit or anything like that ?
My advice is to update using a more recent MMI3G release for Europe (like @ware did, above). If your navigation data is NOT blocked after the update, you don't need to do anything. If your nav data is blocked, I advise unblocking with the script I shared in post #303, above. The risk to brick the main unit is low (but never zero) using my unblocker patch, since only one system file is modified to create the unblocker shell commands in /mnt/efs-system/usr/bin/manage_cd. --g

· Registered
20 Posts
My advice is to update using a more recent MMI3G release for Europe (like @ware did, above). If your navigation data is NOT blocked after the update, you don't need to do anything. If your nav data is blocked, I advise unblocking with the script I shared in post #303, above. The risk to brick the main unit is low (but never zero) using my unblocker patch, since only one system file is modified to create the unblocker shell commands in /mnt/efs-system/usr/bin/manage_cd. --g
I will update tomorrow using 6.35.1 and report back.

· Registered
4 Posts
I'll try this afternoon too. I will report my experience. :)

Again, thank you for DrGER's amazing and intriguing descriptions, which he gave for us on many mmi topics.
Hi all, I have updated to the 6.35.1 map, the process so far went smoothly.

I arrived to the step in which i needed the patch appearing in post 303 (DrGER's patch). i inserted into sd slot 1, followed DrGer's instructions step by step and nothing happened....

Interestingly, the software version is HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1, but the Nav. database version is empty. How can i make the patch run, what should I do? Now the navigation tells me the data is blocked.

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@gytaka : Ensure that the SD card is formatted as FAT32 before you extract the ZIP contents to the SD card. My experience is that the MMI system will not recognized the SD insertion event sometimes. When the script prompt does not appear after, say 10 seconds, remove the SD card, wait about 10 seconds, and reinsert the card to the slot. Also check that the SD card is NOT write-protected.

Regarding the nav database version being blank/empty, that suggests to me that the proper MMI3G High release was not installed properly. See my post #227 above MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020 for information about my "mmi3ginfo2" SD script, which should give you an idea of what is happening on and inside your MMI3G system with regard to the installed nav database. --g

· Registered
4 Posts
See my post #227 above MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020 for information about my "mmi3ginfo2" SD script, which should give you an idea of what is happening on and inside your MMI3G system with regard to the installed nav database. --g
Thank you, I have looked at post #227, hopefully the information for the sd card will work, in which case i will post it here.
This afternoon i had installed the map version 6.35.1. My question is, should I try 6.30.1. version (and with your script) and if so, how can i "downgrade" the map?

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@gytaka : User @Keith-i report success with 6.35.1 in his post #289 MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020 , so you should expect that configured properly the update is correct and will work. You can try to "update" to an older version -- the Red Engineering Menu Update process will delete release components from the HDD before copying the "update" version from the SD card -- just make sure to select ALL components of the update to install. As long as the release is for the same region (e.g., Europe/ECE), this is the standard update method. --g

301 - 315 of 315 Posts