Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
261 - 280 of 315 Posts

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@biomanrose : The so-called MMI 3G "activator" is a QNX/Unix shell script that patches the MMI system to allow use of the nav database following a firmware/software & nav database update, and should only be run after the MMI displays the message "nav database is blocked" (or similar). The "activator" scripts are specific to either 3G (HNav) or 3GP (HN+) systems -- that is, you cannot use the 3GP "activator" script on a 3G system & vice versa. If you do, as you may have, the path forward can be more complicated.

You were correct not to delete the nav database & HDD partition before running the nav database, since you were not changing the database region. My advice is to leave the nav database alone for now and focus on the changes you made to the MMI system software, including the license key (FSC) files that came with your MMI 3G system.

You wrote above that you ran the "FSC Remove" script -- this was a BIG mistake (and an even BIGGER mistake if you didn't save the FSC files the script copied to your SD card as a backup). The "FSC Remove" script is ONLY used to solve the DTC 03623 issue (possibly affects only on 3GP systems). So your current task is to determine whether your HNav system has a valid FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory, and if not, to find your original FSC file and restore it to that directory. --g

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
@biomanrose : The so-called MMI 3G "activator" is a QNX/Unix shell script that patches the MMI system to allow use of the nav database following a firmware/software & nav database update, and should only be run after the MMI displays the message "nav database is blocked" (or similar). The "activator" scripts are specific to either 3G (HNav) or 3GP (HN+) systems -- that is, you cannot use the 3GP "activator" script on a 3G system & vice versa. If you do, as you may have, the path forward can be more complicated.

You were correct not to delete the nav database & HDD partition before running the nav database, since you were not changing the database region. My advice is to leave the nav database alone for now and focus on the changes you made to the MMI system software, including the license key (FSC) files that came with your MMI 3G system.

You wrote above that you ran the "FSC Remove" script -- this was a BIG mistake (and an even BIGGER mistake if you didn't save the FSC files the script copied to your SD card as a backup). The "FSC Remove" script is ONLY used to solve the DTC 03623 issue (possibly affects only on 3GP systems). So your current task is to determine whether your HNav system has a valid FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory, and if not, to find your original FSC file and restore it to that directory. --g
Thank you for your help ! Appreciate it.
For the FSC, I'm sure that I did'nt save the FSC files. So sure I don't the original FSC for restoring oops.. Can't do anything so ? :(

I don't understand anything on scripting in general so how can I check if there is a valid FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory? I have to browse on the car manually ? If yes how ? I have to go on the green menu is it ?

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
For the FSC, I'm sure that I did'nt save the FSC files. So sure I don't the original FSC for restoring oops.. Can't do anything so ? :(

I don't understand anything on scripting in general so how can I check if there is a valid FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory? I have to browse on the car manually ? If yes how ? I have to go on the green menu is it ?
In the first case, if you over-wrote the SD card that you used to run the "FSC Remove" script before saving the FSC files it tries to backup, then you will not find the original FSC file there (which is too bad).

You mentioned above that you tried to run my mmi3ginfo2 script. The script writes a plain-text log file on the SD card, which lists the contents of important parts of the operating system (stored mostly in flash memory). You can search that log file for ".fsc" or "FSC" and you might find a copy of the original FSC file in directory /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup. The previous thread, starting at post #244, addresses a similar problem. --g

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
In the first case, if you over-wrote the SD card that you used to run the "FSC Remove" script before saving the FSC files it tries to backup, then you will not find the original FSC file there (which is too bad).

You mentioned above that you tried to run my mmi3ginfo2 script. The script writes a plain-text log file on the SD card, which lists the contents of important parts of the operating system (stored mostly in flash memory). You can search that log file for ".fsc" or "FSC" and you might find a copy of the original FSC file in directory /mnt/efs-extended/backup/FSCBackup. The previous thread, starting at post #244, addresses a similar problem. --g
Thanks for your quick answer. :)

Here the log for the script "mmebecker3g" : 51.1 KB file on MEGA

Here the log for the script "mmi3ginfo2" : 98.5 KB file on MEGA

What I find in this log info about FSC :
/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/1:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 202 Jan 01 00:01 Copy_00040000.fsc
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-17 07.22_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/10:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-16 19.01_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/11:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-16 19.58_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/2:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-17 16.25_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/3:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-18 07.20_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/4:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-18 10.56_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/5:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 202 Jan 01 00:02 Copy_00040000.fsc
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:02 signature_2022-08-18 10.58_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/6:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 202 Jan 01 00:00 Copy_00040000.fsc
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:00 signature_2022-08-18 11.00_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/7:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 202 Jan 01 00:00 Copy_00040000.fsc
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:00 signature_2022-08-18 14.05_Details.txt.z

/mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/history/DTCs/DigitalRights/8:
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 87 Jan 01 00:01 signature_2022-08-18 14.08_Details.txt.z

[INFO] ls /mnt/efs-extended

/mnt/efs-extended:
total 78
drwxrwxr-x 4 root 76 Nov 06 2008 etc
drwxrwxrwx 2 root 48 Nov 06 2008 navi
drwxrwxrwx 3 root 152 Nov 06 2008 sss
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 202 Jan 01 00:02 00040000.fsc.backup
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 34816 Jan 01 00:07 DataPST.db.backup
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 1708 Jan 01 00:11 tnrref.csv
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 5 Jan 01 00:11 tnrref.csv.SWDL.compatibility.txt
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 12 Jan 01 00:11 tnrref.csv.SWDL.version.txt

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@biomanrose : Can you please post the plain-text log file (or the entire contents of the SD card) directly without making compress ZIP file. It's much easier for the community to help you without having us go through extra steps that take time and are not necessary to viewing the log file.

Anyway, it looks like the original FSC file 00040000.fsc is copied in different places on your 3G/HNav system.

My suggestion is to review the prior thread with Stewart M, and use the run.sh of my mmi3ginfo2 SC script to replace your original FSC file to /mnt/efs-persist/FSC, for example:
Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-persist
mkdir /mnt/efs-persist/FSC
cp -v /mnt/efs-extended/00040000.fsc.backup /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/00040000.fsc
cp -v /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/*.fsc ${SDVAR}/
The last line of the shell script (above) copies the FSC file to the "var" folder of the SD card (you should copy the FSC file to a PC for a more permanent backup). After you restore the original FSC file to /mnt/efs-persist/FSC, restart the MMI, check the nav function, and run my mmi3ginfo2 script again. --g

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
So here the log with your code above:
Code:
[INFO] Start: Thu Jan 01 00:02:55 UTC 1970; Timestamp: 20220823_170430; Train:
cp: Copying /mnt/efs-extended/00040000.fsc.backup to /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/00040000.fsc
cp: Copying /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/00040000.fsc to /mnt/sdcard10t12/var/00040000.fsc
cp: Copying /mnt/efs-persist/navi/db/acios_db.ini to /mnt/sdcard10t12/var/acios_db.ini
cp: Can't open source file.  (/mnt/img-cache/gemmi/.config/Google/GoogleEarthPlus.conf)

[INFO] End: Thu Jan 01 00:02:55 UTC 1970; Timestamp: 20220823_170430
press any key
And here the log of the script mmi3ginfo2 again : run-20220823_170736.log
(Don't know how to share with you for this log, it is ok on google drive ? Or here the log on mega without zip : 223.5 KB file on MEGA)

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
And here the log of the script mmi3ginfo2 again : run-20220823_170736.log
(Don't know how to share with you for this log, it is ok on google drive ? Or here the log on mega without zip : 223.5 KB file on MEGA)
On Google Drive, best to put shared files in a separate folder that has "shared" permissions for everyone, then when you add a new file to that folder, the file should be readable by anyone who has the file link. To make a folder shared, right-click on the folder name and select "Share" from the menu. In the pop-up window under "General access", select "Anyone with link" from the drop-down menu. Keep the permissions as "Viewer". Select "Done". You might still need to do this for existing files in the "shared" folder (that is, right-click on the file name, select "Share", and the rest as above).

Re the script log you posted above, this looks good: you should save the 00040000.fsc and acios_db.ini files from the SD card var folder to your PC as backups.

Now, what happens when you try to access NAV after restarting your MMI system ? --g

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
On Google Drive, best to put shared files in a separate folder that has "shared" permissions for everyone, then when you add a new file to that folder, the file should be readable by anyone who has the file link. To make a folder shared, right-click on the folder name and select "Share" from the menu. In the pop-up window under "General access", select "Anyone with link" from the drop-down menu. Keep the permissions as "Viewer". Select "Done". You might still need to do this for existing files in the "shared" folder (that is, right-click on the file name, select "Share", and the rest as above).
Thanks a lot (even if it is not on the car !!)
So I just changed it ! script mmi3ginfo2 again : run-20220823_170736.log

Re the script log you posted above, this looks good: you should save the 00040000.fsc and acios_db.ini files from the SD card var folder to your PC as backups.
Super ! Thanks for your script for helping me to do a backup

Now, what happens when you try to access NAV after restarting your MMI system ? --g
Same problem, after restart the MMI, the NAV works for 5-6 mins then said that was not activated.
:(

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@biomanrose : No "sad face" -- you're almost there. The full log listing shows that the system appears to be running unmodified -- that is, the "activator" script failed to create file mmelauncher.cfg in /mnt/efs-system/etc so the system is not using the shell script mme-becker.sh in /mnt/efs-system/sbin, which is what "unblocks" the nav data.

The problem now is that your system does not have a valid mmelauncher.cfg file anywhere -- the various "activator" scripts you ran earlier did not create the patched version and also deleted the contents of the backup file (OK, now time for the "sad face").

I think you have 2 choices now: (1) either someone on the forum can share their original mmelauncher.cfg file with you or (2) use the software update K_0257_6_D1 to restore ONLY the efs-system component from the MU94xx device as a user-defined update -- but you must be very careful here to ONLY select the efs-system Application component. --g

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
(2) use the software update K_0257_6_D1 to restore ONLY the efs-system component from the MU94xx device as a user-defined update -- but you must be very careful here to ONLY select the efs-system Application component. --g
:)
I am very sorry but can you tell me how to do ?
I have to copy all the files of the firmware k_0257 on the sd card, put in the car and then ? I'm sorry I'm lost xD (your help gives me hope and smiles :) )

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@biomanrose : To update only the efs-system software component of the MU93xx device, the update must be started as "user-defined". "User-defined" software update is setup in the Green Engineering Menu under the /swdl screen:
Green Slope Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot

or by making certain edits to the metainfo2.txt file from the software update.
Once you have user-defined mode set, you can start a software update in the Red Engineering Menu, and pick only the MU93xx > efs-system > Application selection from the release.
Sorry I don't have images for any of this, as it is not done very often (rarely, in fact), and would not be (exactly) the same as our US HN+ system.
Finding someone with an original copy of the HNav mmelauncher.cfg file would be much easier for you. --g

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
Thanks for that @JulianHicks -- and the "patched" version attached to this post.

So, @biomanrose , save that attached file mmelauncer.cfg.new.txt to your PC, copy it to your SD card "var" folder, and run this simple shell script:
Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-system
cp -v ${SDVAR}/mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg
rm -v /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak
rm -v /mnt/efs-system/sbin/mme-becker.sh.tmp
and restart your MMI system. --g

Attachments

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
@JulianHicks thanks for the .cfg file :) :)

Thanks for that @JulianHicks -- and the "patched" version attached to this post.

So, @biomanrose , save that attached file mmelauncer.cfg.new.txt to your PC, copy it to your SD card "var" folder, and run this simple shell script:
Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-system
cp -v ${SDVAR}/mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg
rm -v /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak
rm -v /mnt/efs-system/sbin/mme-becker.sh.tmp
and restart your MMI system. --g
Thanks @DrGER for the the config and script.

Script run ok but NAV still blocked. Here the log : run-20220825_082318.log

Maybe my script edited was wrong ? Script edited with your 4 lines above

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@biomanrose : The script to replace your mmelauncher.cfg expects to find file "mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt" in the "var" folder of the SD card -- you need to copy the file you downloaded from post #273, above, as noted in the post. The script log file tells us the script did not find file /mnt/sdcard10t12/var/mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt to copy. --g

· Registered
A5 2,7 TDI 2009
13 Posts
@biomanrose : The script to replace your mmelauncher.cfg expects to find file "mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt" in the "var" folder of the SD card -- you need to copy the file you downloaded from post #273, above, as noted in the post. The script log file tells us the script did not find file /mnt/sdcard10t12/var/mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt to copy. --g
Yes the "mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt" that you gave me in #273 was in the folder var on my SDCARD :(

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@biomanrose : Be careful which mmelauncher.cfg file you (re)install to your HNav system -- the version I uploaded in post #273, above, includes the correct line to launch /sbin/mme-becker.sh (rather than /sbin/mme-becker, as is in the original file). You should confirm the correct file before running the SD script again. --g

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@DrGER Yes, the script is modified with what you gave me in #273 (4 lines) and the file "mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt" in SDCAR\var is also from your post in #273.
OK, but the file you highlighted in post #277 has name "mmelauncher.cfg.txt" -- should be "mmelauncher.cfg.new.txt", which is why the SD script reported an error. --g

261 - 280 of 315 Posts