Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new member here, just recently purchased an A4 B9, shipped from NA. I am from Europe and i need european maps. Can i follow the directions in this thread to unlock and install maps for nagivation or do i need any additional steps?

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@zyzer : Your B9 A4 uses the next generation MMI platform (MIB). The procedures and licensing model are completely different for MIB systems. You'll need to inquire with your local dealer for nav database updates and licensing. --g

·
Registered
20 Posts
@patroclox : Thanks for posting your 3G High information file(s). Notice that process mme-becker isn't in the process listing. This is due to /etc/mmelauncher.cfg being a 0 byte file ! The first thing you will want to do is fix this:

Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-system
cd /mnt/efs-system/etc
mv -v mmelauncher.cfg mmelauncher.cfg.tmp
mv -v mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak mmelauncher.cfg
rm -v mmelauncher.cfg.tmp
cd /mnt/efs-system/sbin
rm -v mme-becker.sh
Restart the MMI system and confirm process mme-becker is running properly.
Your system is also missing its FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC. This can be restored from its backup:

Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-persist
cp -v /mnt/efs-extended/FSCBackup/00040003.fsc /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/
Restart the system, check the NAV function, and run the proper 3G High activator script, as needed. --g
Thank you DrGER. I'm supposed to have restored the system to the previous state, but I can't get the activator to run.
I have looked at the pdf with the instructions, and even though I wait until the mmi system is loaded, nothing seems to run when I insert the SD card.
This is the activator script I use, 4.35 MB folder on MEGA

any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@zyzer : Your B9 A4 uses the next generation MMI platform (MIB). The procedures and licensing model are completely different for MIB systems. You'll need to inquire with your local dealer for nav database updates and licensing. --g
Thanks for the reply. couldn't i just use MIB Solution :: Login to get the right software/licensing?
Sorry if my questions dont make sense, i am new to B9 platform and maps/navigation

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@patroclox : Check that your SD card has not "hidden" directories/folders at the root directory (e.g., .Trash). My experience has been that these are likely to cause an SD card script not to be recognized by the QNX scriptlauncher process. Graphical file managers (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder, Gnome Nautilus) all tend to add these. My recommendation: quick format the SD card as FAT32, then extract the archive directly to the SD card. In my case, I always update my MMI SD card scripts from a Linux command line to ensure no hidden directories/folders are added to the card. --g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning DrGER. The first part has worked fine, process mme-becker is running properly, and my media works again to.

I don't want to make any more mistakes, is the activator that I should use the one that appears in this post?
I have uploaded it to mega, could someone check if it is the one I should use?

Thank you very much.
Gents,
I am bit puzzled with status of map updates which I am currently going thru.
I was trying to active 6.32 on 3g high system but ended with well known sentence that is already installed followed by blocked map data and without access to jukebox funtions.
Can I used above mentioned activator for my case or do I have to pass different proceedure to reactive my system?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good morning, I still haven't been able to activate the maps, when I run the activator it still doesn't put any kind of notice that it has been executed.

I'm sending you a link with the result of executing mmi3ginfo2 on my system, I don't know, maybe it's possible that I executed the "3GH activator" before the system was fully started, and another error has occurred.
I hope you can give me some advice.
I'm thinking that maybe I should use the maps "6.30.1 Europe":

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@patroclox : SD card scripts that contain hidden directories/folders (e.g., .Trash) are likely to be unrecognized by the QNX script launcher process, hence, will appear not to run. I've also had the experience where a known correct SD card script did not launch, as expected, within, say, 10 seconds. When that happens, I will remove the SD card, wait 5-10 seconds, then re-insert the SD card, and the script is executed properly. --g

·
Registered
A8 2015
121 Posts
@patroclox - I've had a look at that output on mega [although it was written and supplied by @DrGER, with whom I've had some communication].

Some thoughts on you thread comments and the Mega upload:
1) There's no point in going back to the old .30. maps as the maps are [probably] not your problem.
2) The run.sh you uploaded is old - newer versions are available
3) The log ends strangely; either you edited it or it crashed. [Actually, I've just checked and there are no variables in the VAR folder; so it crashed].
4) There are numerous .fsc files; perhaps you can explain the map history
5) I find it best to wait 5 minutes before inserting asn SD - always works for me.

·
Registered
Audi A4
1 Posts
Hi
I have a 3G HNav with FIRMWARE EU P0022 D1.
I think i can go straight to EU K0257_6_D1 .

Map is 8R0060884E_ECE 5.8.5 . Can i install 6.34.1 directly ?

And what about BANG AND OLUFSEN system ? I don't understand if i need green menu to update the map (and firmware) or STANDARD method is correct.

I only saw video with HN+ or HN+R system (it's not the same as HNAV) witch need green menu to update with user define.

Best regards

201 - 211 of 211 Posts