Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
By the way; as someone else asked, it would help if you could confirm which activator you ran ...
Years ago Congo said, that 3g+ activator uninstaller works on 3g high also, but i never tested(there was no need as i activated maybe 5 times and always success) and never seen success with that solution, most people run em update to clean the system on 3g high, especially those who are losing sd etc options under media. Congo made fix to one activator script, i do not know if its ok to use this time or not.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@patroclox : In an earlier post, you wrote that you see the message "Navigation is disabled" when you switch to NAV.

I think the wording here is important, as is the behaviour of your MMI system prior to the message.

When you first turn on the MMI system (ignition OFF) and switch to NAV, after initialization, you should see a map on the display for a brief time (seconds to minutes), until the message "Navigation database is blocked" or something similar for 3G High systems. This suggests a problem with the so-called "activation".
If, however, when you switch to NAV you immediately get a message that "Navigation is disabled", that's usually a different problem (possibly related to settings in the Green Engineering Menu).

If the problem is that the the nav database is "blocked" due to "activation", refer to this recent post: MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020

In his case, he re-installed K0257_D1 as a user-defined update in the Red Engineering Menu initially.
In any case, you should post a picture of the screen that is telling you that "Navigation is disabled" to confirm. --g

·
Registered
A8 2015
121 Posts
Years ago Congo said, that 3g+ activator uninstaller works on 3g high also, but i never tested(there was no need as i activated maybe 5 times and always success) and never seen success with that solution, most people run em update to clean the system on 3g high, especially those who are losing sd etc options under media. Congo made fix to one activator script, i do not know if its ok to use this time or not.
The issue is complicated as there have been different 3G High activators. Early 3G High activators didn't add a script or modify the config file. The later activators for 3G High add a shell script and modify a config file [just like the 3G Plus one]. The 3G High shell script content is different than the 3G Plus one [which is why you need to install the right one], but has the same name. The deactivator script works by name only so it will work for both 3G High and 3G Plus systems. Not sure where @patroclox will get the uninstall script from though ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure where @patroclox will get the uninstall script from though ...
Here is one so to say 3g+ activator removal script, probably DrGER can check if its good or not, probably is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, Thank you all for your answers.
Previously I was in the wrong forum, and there the activator that I use, this is the forum, Build Threads -currently-2022-europe.176144/

And this is the direct link to the activator, 25.3 GB folder on MEGA

I've tried to do the emergency update, but I can't get into the green menu, no combination of keys works for me, not even with the script that was in the previous forum, of course.
By the way; as someone else asked, it would help if you could confirm which activator you ran ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
@patroclox : In an earlier post, you wrote that you see the message "Navigation is disabled" when you switch to NAV.

I think the wording here is important, as is the behaviour of your MMI system prior to the message.

When you first turn on the MMI system (ignition OFF) and switch to NAV, after initialization, you should see a map on the display for a brief time (seconds to minutes), until the message "Navigation database is blocked" or something similar for 3G High systems. This suggests a problem with the so-called "activation".
If, however, when you switch to NAV you immediately get a message that "Navigation is disabled", that's usually a different problem (possibly related to settings in the Green Engineering Menu).

If the problem is that the the nav database is "blocked" due to "activation", refer to this recent post: MMI 3G navigation 6.30.1 Europe - currently 2020

In his case, he re-installed K0257_D1 as a user-defined update in the Red Engineering Menu initially.
In any case, you should post a picture of the screen that is telling you that "Navigation is disabled" to confirm. --g
Hi DrGER,
It's true, when I switch to nav, I can see the map for a few seconds, and then it freezes.
I attach images of my system, the buttons in case it helps to know why I can't enter the green menu.
Thank you

Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Gadget Font Personal luxury car Display device Gas

Map Gps navigation device Gadget Air travel Font

·
Registered
A8 2015
121 Posts
@patroclox, so that message is "Navigation Data is not Activated".

You don't need the Green Menu as I think your problem is that you have installed the 3GPlus activator. All you need to do is to replace the .sh script with the correct 3GHigh one and I think it will work.

Perhaps some kind soul who knows unix scripting will provide the code to do that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
@patroclox, so that message is "Navigation Data is not Activated".

You don't need the Green Menu as I think your problem is that you have installed the 3GPlus activator. All you need to do is to replace the .sh script with the correct 3GHigh one and I think it will work.

Perhaps some kind soul who knows unix scripting will provide the code to do that?
Hi, I've been looking the files (I'm a computer scientist), I understand that it would only be necessary to modify the run.sh file, but I don't know the system and I don't want to break it anymore. :)

I see that there is a backup of the modified files, and in principle the process would be to return the backup copy.

# backup mme-becker.sh for later uninstall
/bin/cp /sbin/mme-becker.sh /sbin/mme-becker.sh.pre-navdb.bak

# just keep original version - so just do this the first time
/bin/mv /etc/mmelauncher.cfg /etc/mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak

·
Registered
A8 2015
121 Posts
@patroclox; the backup only takes place in certain circumstances. The script allows for complications that don't normally exist. What normally happens is as follows:

: The Audi supplied mmelauncher.cfg file used by the navigation 'launcher' is modified to run mme-becker via a shell script rather than as an executable. [It replaces 'mme-becker' with 'mme-becker.sh']. The original .cfg gets backed up for simple recovery.
: The mme-launcher.sh script is added to /sbin/. [Nothing to backup]. Recovery is to delete the .sh script.

By running the wrong activator script, you added the wrong mme-becker.sh; you added the 3GPlus .sh file rather than the 3GHigh .sh file. So you just need to delete the /sbin/mme-becker.sh you added and add the 3GPlus one in its place ...

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@patroclox : The MMI system is driven by the QNX O/S, so if you know basic Unix shell scripting (and a few general rules about working with this QNX implementation), fixing this should not be too difficult.

Start by looking at my "MMI3G Info Dump" SD script here: mmi3ginfo2.zip
Extract the ZIP archive to a new directory/folder and look at the run.sh file.
You'll see that the script gets its environment from the (lightly encrypted) copie_scr.sh script, which Harrman-Becker uses to launch SD card shell scripts (this is my updated version of the common copie_scr.sh that most of the "activator" scripts use).
Practically, the you should only need to restore /etc/mmelauncher.cfg to its previous version. This file resides in flash filesystem /dev/fs0p2 (not the HDD) mounted as /mnt/efs-system (read-only).

You might want to run the info dump script and review the resulting plain-text log file to confirm that /mnt/efs-system/etc/mmelauncher.cfg was modified (and the the original was, in fact, backed up).

Once you know that the original mmelauncher.cfg was saved (copied/renamed/whatever), restoring the original is relatively easy:

Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-system
cd /etc
mv -v mmelauncher.cfg mmelauncher.cfg.tmp
mv -v mmelauncher.cfg.pre-navdb.bak mmelauncher.cfg
and restart the MMI system. --g

PS -- rereading JH's comments just now, you could also replace the 3GP mme-becker.sh script in /mnt/efs-system/sbin/ with the simplified 3G version; SD script here: mmebecker3g.zip

·
Registered
A8 2015
121 Posts
PS -- rereading JH's comments just now, you could also replace the 3GP mme-becker.sh script in /mnt/efs-system/sbin/ with the simplified 3G version; SD script here: mmebecker3g.zip
I think your best way forward is to:
1) fetch the current mme-becker.sh file to see if it's the 3GH or 3GP version. If it's the 3GP version [as I expect] then
2) download, install and run @DrGER's mmebecker3g.zip code to replace it with the 3GH version.

Then see what happens ...

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
Activator scripts that check first to test whether they're running on an HNav (3G) or HN+ (3G+) system would likely prevent this sort of problem from the outset. Still, after having another look at the mme-becker.sh script that both "activator" scripts create in /sbin/mme-becker.sh, I doubt that's the problem, since they both do essentially the same thing (the 3G+ version does some additional steps when the system is configured in so-call "fair" (or LAN) mode, which can never happen on 3G systems, so they would always be ignored, anyway). The only other place to look here is in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC, where the 3G+ script saves a new FSC file (and that is NOT needed by the 3G activator script). The solution here, IMO, is to determine what the original /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory contains and restore it to that state (likely by removing the added FSC file added by the 3G+ script). --g

·
Registered
20 Posts
Activator scripts that check first to test whether they're running on an HNav (3G) or HN+ (3G+) system would likely prevent this sort of problem from the outset. Still, after having another look at the mme-becker.sh script that both "activator" scripts create in /sbin/mme-becker.sh, I doubt that's the problem, since they both do essentially the same thing (the 3G+ version does some additional steps when the system is configured in so-call "fair" (or LAN) mode, which can never happen on 3G systems, so they would always be ignored, anyway). The only other place to look here is in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC, where the 3G+ script saves a new FSC file (and that is NOT needed by the 3G activator script). The solution here, IMO, is to determine what the original /mnt/efs-persist/FSC directory contains and restore it to that state (likely by removing the added FSC file added by the 3G+ script). --g
Good morning, I've run mmi3ginfo2 twice, but I can't attach log or rar files.
I am not very clear about the modifications, I suppose that now I should modify mmebecker3g with the results, but I would appreciate your help.
By the way, /mnt/efs-persist/FSC appears to be empty, and in fact the script hasn't copied anything to my var directory.

All the best

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@patroclox : Thanks for sharing those screenshots. It appears that the log1.png shows a system not fully stated (given the time as 00:01:23 (and the missing Software train version information). Suggest running the script only after you see the software version is reported in [MENU] > MMI Setup > Software version information. We're interested in seeing the contents of these directories: /mnt/efs-extended/FSCBackup, /mnt/efs-persist/FSC & /mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/cache. By the way, can you post and share your log files to a cloud service ? --g

PS: rename the log file as TXT and you may be able to attach the file to a post. --g

Reactions: patroclox

·
Registered
20 Posts
@patroclox : Thanks for sharing those screenshots. It appears that the log1.png shows a system not fully stated (given the time as 00:01:23 (and the missing Software train version information). Suggest running the script only after you see the software version is reported in [MENU] > MMI Setup > Software version information. We're interested in seeing the contents of these directories: /mnt/efs-extended/FSCBackup, /mnt/efs-persist/FSC & /mnt/efs-persist/SWDL/cache. By the way, can you post and share your log files to a cloud service ? --g

PS: rename the log file as TXT and you may be able to attach the file to a post. --g
Hello DrGER, I think that now it was initialized, but if data is missing I can run it again, I have uploaded everything to mega.
I hope you can see it.

Log files

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
435 Posts
@patroclox : Thanks for posting your 3G High information file(s). Notice that process mme-becker isn't in the process listing. This is due to /etc/mmelauncher.cfg being a 0 byte file ! The first thing you will want to do is fix this:

Code:
cd /mnt/efs-system/etc
rm -v mmelauncher.cfg.tmp
cd /mnt/efs-system/sbin
rm -v mme-becker.sh
Restart the MMI system and confirm process mme-becker is running properly.
Your system is also missing its FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC. This can be restored from its backup:

Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-persist
cp -v /mnt/efs-extended/FSCBackup/00040003.fsc /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/
Restart the system, check the NAV function, and run the proper 3G High activator script, as needed. --g

·
Registered
20 Posts
@patroclox : Thanks for posting your 3G High information file(s). Notice that process mme-becker isn't in the process listing. This is due to /etc/mmelauncher.cfg being a 0 byte file ! The first thing you will want to do is fix this:

Code:
cd /mnt/efs-system/etc
rm -v mmelauncher.cfg.tmp
cd /mnt/efs-system/sbin
rm -v mme-becker.sh
Restart the MMI system and confirm process mme-becker is running properly.
Your system is also missing its FSC file in /mnt/efs-persist/FSC. This can be restored from its backup:

Code:
mount -uw /mnt/efs-persist
cp -v /mnt/efs-extended/FSCBackup/00040003.fsc /mnt/efs-persist/FSC/
Restart the system, check the NAV function, and run the proper 3G High activator script, as needed. --g
Good morning DrGER. The first part has worked fine, process mme-becker is running properly, and my media works again to.

I don't want to make any more mistakes, is the activator that I should use the one that appears in this post?
I have uploaded it to mega, could someone check if it is the one I should use?

Thank you very much.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts