Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
On another thread, but point taken lol!

So, in regards to the firmware folders, I have downloaded them, and the 5th firmware has 3 sub folders, some containing the same files names... so how donI know which folder I need?

cheers

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
the downloaded firmware should be in a zip-file
you need to unzip all of it onto an sd-card.
there should not be any other files on the sd-card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have unzipped the file. So there is now 5 separate folders, one for each of the 5 firmwares.

Taking the advice from the other thread I will just update straight to the 5th (final) firmware.

When I open the folder for the 5th firmware, I am then met by 3 sub folders (named 1,2 and 3) a metainfo2.txt and another 2 subfolders named mu9307 & mu9308.

The 1, 2 and 3 folders contain files, some are identically named, some of the folders have more that others....and all three folders also contain their own subfolders named mu9307 & mu9308.

Extracting all the files to and SD would cause some to overwrite where the names are identical, so do I just put the contents of one of the folders onto the root of my SD card?

cheers.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I have unzipped the file. So there is now 5 separate folders, one for each of the 5 firmwares.
you need only one firmware-version.
all files belonging to that version must go onto the sd-card.

did you read the update instructions ??
there is a picture in it and it looksmlike this:
Schermafbeelding 2019-11-19 om 17.00.26.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have downloaded these maps thinking that they where for the Bnav (3G).
unfortunatelly when I update the maps, the system tells me that they are not for the Bnav, but the 3G+.

I am on firmware K0260.

Activated the Green Screen script, but unable to launch it on the MMI.
None of the button combo's seem to work.

is there a correct link to the right 3G maps?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn’t want to take the chance. Yes it makes a little more work, but for the sake of peace of mind, I was happy to do each upgrade in turn. Sometimes an update will change the data structure of what’s stored in config files or databases, meaning updates have to be done in order. I’m not saying this is the case here, but as I hadn’t found anyone saying that they had done it, I aired on the side of safety 😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just went from Stock firmware to the latest one... no issues, so it is perfectly safe to do... just need to find the spare time to update the maps now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, again!! If anyone can help... I have successfully updated my firmware, and as far as I know I have successfully updated the navigation as well. However, I cannot get the activator to load/work.

I have used various methods, using non HC SD cards, reformatting and using windows instead of MAC, but absolutely nothing.

My navigation was initially saying 'blocked' but now it stays on the 'initialising' stage. Upon looking at the database info in settings it is just blank.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

101 - 108 of 108 Posts