Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
On another thread, but point taken lol!

So, in regards to the firmware folders, I have downloaded them, and the 5th firmware has 3 sub folders, some containing the same files names... so how donI know which folder I need?

cheers

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
the downloaded firmware should be in a zip-file
you need to unzip all of it onto an sd-card.
there should not be any other files on the sd-card.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have unzipped the file. So there is now 5 separate folders, one for each of the 5 firmwares.

Taking the advice from the other thread I will just update straight to the 5th (final) firmware.

When I open the folder for the 5th firmware, I am then met by 3 sub folders (named 1,2 and 3) a metainfo2.txt and another 2 subfolders named mu9307 & mu9308.

The 1, 2 and 3 folders contain files, some are identically named, some of the folders have more that others....and all three folders also contain their own subfolders named mu9307 & mu9308.

Extracting all the files to and SD would cause some to overwrite where the names are identical, so do I just put the contents of one of the folders onto the root of my SD card?

cheers.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I have unzipped the file. So there is now 5 separate folders, one for each of the 5 firmwares.
you need only one firmware-version.
all files belonging to that version must go onto the sd-card.

did you read the update instructions ??
there is a picture in it and it looksmlike this:
Schermafbeelding 2019-11-19 om 17.00.26.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I have downloaded these maps thinking that they where for the Bnav (3G).
unfortunatelly when I update the maps, the system tells me that they are not for the Bnav, but the 3G+.

I am on firmware K0260.

Activated the Green Screen script, but unable to launch it on the MMI.
None of the button combo's seem to work.

is there a correct link to the right 3G maps?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn’t want to take the chance. Yes it makes a little more work, but for the sake of peace of mind, I was happy to do each upgrade in turn. Sometimes an update will change the data structure of what’s stored in config files or databases, meaning updates have to be done in order. I’m not saying this is the case here, but as I hadn’t found anyone saying that they had done it, I aired on the side of safety ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just went from Stock firmware to the latest one... no issues, so it is perfectly safe to do... just need to find the spare time to update the maps now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, again!! If anyone can help... I have successfully updated my firmware, and as far as I know I have successfully updated the navigation as well. However, I cannot get the activator to load/work.

I have used various methods, using non HC SD cards, reformatting and using windows instead of MAC, but absolutely nothing.

My navigation was initially saying 'blocked' but now it stays on the 'initialising' stage. Upon looking at the database info in settings it is just blank.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you resolve your issue?

I did the updates in 2017 and am just catching up on this thread whilst I wait for the download.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, everything is all sorted. I had to reinstall the nav, but didn’t have to use the activator, which was a bonus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes. apparently wait for MMI to fully load everything, wait another min, check the Nav button and you should see it say its blocked. Activate the script the same way you do the green menu (from what I've read)
Merry Christmas Guys,

I am having the same problem with activating the 2019 maps. I updated from 2016 to 2019 and they now say blocked (firmware is at K0257_6_D1).

I have tried the 2016 FSC activator that worked when I installed the 2016 maps and that file read and the update proceeded as expected, but 3 mins after the reboot the maps remain blocked so I tried the script activator linked on the first post but engineering mode update refused to read the file. How exactly should I run this type of scrip activator? I cannot see how to using in the green menu.

Please help as have a long Boxing Day journey tomorrow and so would love my maps back without having to spend 3 hours on the drive downgrading to 2016 maps again :-(

Many thanks in advance
Cheers n beers
Si

·
Registered
7 Posts
Situation update: A long journey without Nav was not fun but worse than not having the navigation was not having the map running to see where the next straight would be for overtaking slower traffic.

I have tried a couple of different SD cards and now can get the script to read and run, but the nav is now permanently showing the initialising... screen, even after a 2hr journey. All other MMI systems working fine.

The hidden menu shows the nav system has no errors and all looks OK. I have the VCDS lead from RossTech if that is required. I live in Cambridge (UK) and would happily trade access to my VCDS for some assistance with this, or brown drinking vouchers, of a sloppy kiss from the wife, hell, my wife's right arm.... anything to get my maps back!!

Please help

Cheers n beers
Si

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey everyone.

@Adrien_E - great as always.

Any idea when should we expect the latest Audi Europe 2020 maps for MMI 3G High - 6.29.1 (8R0051884GH) on here with activation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone

I tried installing this update several times. I just describe what happened today. At first the version number can't be read. Then after putting the sd-card(32gb, new, small card with adapter) again it works put i can't press start update. I have downloaded 2 times through the MEGA download manager. And it downloads not in zip-format but directly in the folders as on the website.
Can anyone pls help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone

I tried installing this update several times. I just describe what happened today. At first the version number can't be read. Then after putting the sd-card(32gb, new, small card with adapter) again it works put i can't press start update. I have downloaded 2 times through the MEGA download manager. And it downloads not in zip-format but directly in the folders as on the website.
Can anyone pls help?
I formatted the sd-card in FAT32 and without quick-formatting today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone

Can anyone pls help?
I am absolutely NOT the person to give advice on this as I still cannot activate my maps (can anyone help?), but I can confirm that mine also downloaded into the final file format rather than Rar files, which is how the 2015 and 2016 files came down when I last updated my maps.

Good luck
Si

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am absolutely NOT the person to give advice on this as I still cannot activate my maps (can anyone help?), but I can confirm that mine also downloaded into the final file format rather than Rar files, which is how the 2015 and 2016 files came down when I last updated my maps.

Good luck
Si
thx for replying, i just read the previous comments and it seems like the installation of the navi update didn't work properly, since after deleting the old navi material mine also shows initialising, but since i'm not able updating the navi, i cannot confirm this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
succesfully updated and activated, used normal sd instead of microsd with adapter, strange that this won't work despite being the same

·
Registered
7 Posts
succesfully updated and activated, used normal sd instead of microsd with adapter, strange that this won't work despite being the same
Glad you got yours working.

I also used a micro SD for the activation so maybe that was the cause, but I have rolled back to 2017 maps that I still had the rar files for and they activated fine, so I will run those whilst I download a new copy of the 2019 maps, or just wait for the 2020 release.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts