Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
521 - 540 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody!

Today, i try to update my father audi q5 firmware. But after i followed the update instructions i cant press "start update".. It isnt available.

I put the first update(0031_3) to my 16gb Sandisk Sd card. There are my files.

I should buy a bigger sd card or what should i do?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't managed to resolve either Adrian. I complete all the steps successfully but not luck with the activator. It's been 3 days now and I see the nav screen as "NAVIAGATION DATA BLOCKED". It has and still is causing me great frustration and nervousness. Could please help out. I got the HNAV in my s5 (just to clarify). I copied the following activator files as shown below to a newly formatted sdhc card. It's not picking anything up. Not doing anything when I normally put it in after having waited for the MMI to properly initialize. Also, I tried going to the engineering menu to check whether I could activate/select from there. I tried to but when selecting 'sd1' it tries to read but says not metainfo version found or similar. Could you please help?
View attachment 178947
Same exact thing for me. I got the firmware and map updates through without errors. But couldn't manage to activate the map. After a clean engine start I can see the map for roughly 2 minutes and then the screen states "Unactivated map" (or something like this).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, If I want to update the navigation can I update to latest firmware? Many years ago somebody installed this firmware. I have B&O system so can I install the softwares without any risk?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same exact thing for me. I got the firmware and map updates through without errors. But couldn't manage to activate the map. After a clean engine start I can see the map for roughly 2 minutes and then the screen states "Unactivated map" (or something like this).
Same issue for me, HNav updated but after a few minutes i get navigation data blocked. did you find a fix? the activators install, and now say already installed. but maps dont work.

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
448 Posts
Greetings a5oc from across the pond. I've spent the past few weeks reading as much as i can about these MMI systems in order to update my 2010 B8 Audi A4 which has MMI 3G High variant 9307 (internal HDD, joystick on knob, etc).

Software Version: HNav_US_P0110_D1
Nav. database version: 8R0060884F_NAR 5.3.4

When i enter Engineering Mode it says the following:

Train Version: P0110
MU Software: 0042

According to this wiki on our MMI systems (wont let me link through the text) wikivisually wiki Multi_Media_Interface (url info removed)

The latest firmware available for my MMI 3G High was released in 2014 and is: HNav_US_K0133_3_D1
And the latest Nav database compatible would be: NAR 6.16.2 (2017)

I have obtained both HNav_US-K0133_3_D1 and NAR 6.16.2 and am about to pull the trigger, but want to make sure this is done correctly. All the firmware/map installation guides that I have read show an image of the SD-Card root directory with all the many component folders and the metainfo2.txt file. The HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 firmware package I downloaded, when uncompressed using WINRAR has the following:

Folder: 1
Folder: 2
Folder: 3
Folder: MU9307
Folder: MU9308
File: metainfo2.txt

Each of the numbered (1,2,3) folders contain folders for component updates, folder 3 containing by far the most folders, and each of those three folders has its own metainfo2.txt file. Upon opening those metainfo2.txt files, they all say in the beginning that they are part of (Release = "HNav_US_K0133_3_D1"). I had initially thought that these were three previous firmwares that needed to be installed in order, but each of them saying they were (Release = "HNav_US_K0133_3_D1") that this is simply one firmware update that is comprehensive?

Long story short, do i place all three numbered folders, the two MU folders, and metainfo2.txt onto the SD as i posted above? Or do folders 1, 2, and 3 require being individually installed in that order?

I know I sound like i'm being a bit overly cautious but after reading countless posts of people rushing into updating their MMI only to either install the wrong firmware or other such tragic mistakes, i wanted to be 100% sure i was doing this correctly.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to help out a few NAR MMI 3G High users to update their software and maps, and my own experience has only been with the 3GP update, which "just worked" when I did it a few years back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried to install the k0257_6 earlier today via sd card, system says no files. Any help would be great.
Also trying to locate the dvd to update the nav in the car. Looked in the boot and nothing.

A5 sportback 2010 3.0tdi quattro.
Font Gadget Gas Technology Multimedia

·
Administrator
4,633 Posts
Tried to install the k0257_6 earlier today via sd card, system says no files. Any help would be great.
are you using a micro-SD with an adapter ??
all advice is against that.

how is your SD-card formatted ??
should be FAT of FAT32

how are the files placed on the SD-card ??
can you show a picture of the file structure on the SD-card ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I need your help.
I have Audi A4 B8 2013 Train version K0257 Mu software 0188.
I think someone installed hnav_eu_k0257_6_d2 on my MMI 3G Basic.I wanted to upgrade navi maps 8R0051884HQ but it didnt compared and I saw: A variant conflict occurred 9303. After this failure installation my MMI doesnt read any source: CD, SD cards or AUX whichI have in arm rest. Could you help me repaire this error?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys, I need some help please. I have successfully updated my previous 2015 Audi Q5's Sat Nav on 3 occasions without any hitches whatsoever, thanks to this forum and its members.

However I have now replaced this car with an August 2017 Audi Q5 and I'm not sure if I am in the correct forum. I say this because after reading the Software Version, this is what I read: -

Software 0917
Gracenote database
Region = EUROPE - version = 15
Navigation database version:
V03959801PR0166 ECE 2018
Software Information:
Media Driver: CLU7_MMX2QC_AU_ER_G22_179PROD_1
Then there's a telephone driver number

Could someone please point me in the right direction as the the last update was for the 2019/2020 Map

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have HNAV_EU_K00206**** and assume that i need to go up in stages first to 253 then to 257. I also think as there is no logo's on the speaker that I have Audi Standard Audio so am hoping I should have no issues. I tried it last night and got the message that the Manifest file could not be read. Not sure why that was but as I was using a Micro SD in and adaptor (have read somewhere that this is not good) I have gone and recopied it to a full size SD card formatted with FAT32.

I will admit I am getting a bit nervous about doing this incase I cause more problems, can anyone advise if there is a way to check what audio I have and if they have had this issue before? Thank you all

·
Registered
70 Posts
@congo I was hoping you might be able to help a few of us who've been failing on the activation step as I think you may have mentioned on another thread one of the activators is yours? Did you have an FSC activator for the latest maps? or do we now need to go through the script route?

The instructions on the script version are quite alarmist regarding the exact file size of the copie file, and it seems the activator doesn't match this size for me? @Adrian E are you able to provide any further info?

Any pointers would be a massive help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Firmware, in order:

0031_3 - MEGA
0206_3 - MEGA
0253 - MEGA
0257_6 - MEGA

Firmware, full package to 0257_6:

MEGA

There is unlikely to be any further firmware update for 3G from Audi so if you've updated to 0257_5 or 0257_6 you won't need to do it again.

If you don't have/can't get access to VCDS and need to activate the green menu you can use the following script from Congo's 3G+ thread [ Green menu activation ]

1. Unzip and copy to SD card.
2. Put the SD card in the MMI.
3. When prompted press the center knob.
4. After the script is done you will see confirmation screen.
5. Remove the SD card and reboot MMI

I haven't used it, but it appears plenty have :)

2017 maps version 6.24.2 and FSC activator - PLEASE NOTE - this package is ONLY suitable for 3G and not 3G+/3GP so if your firmware version doesn't match the style indicated in the instructions do not bother downloading this file, as it's been cut down to make the download smaller and so it'll fit on a 32GB SD card without issues.

MEGA

There are 2 folders - 1 contains the map files and the other the activator - they need to be copied to separate SD cards.

For facelift cars with 3G+/3GP see this thread for correct links - don't muddle them up as it doesn't go well.....

MMI 3G+/3GP navigation 6.31.1 and firmware updates -...

Update instruction guide below - this one is a better layout than the one I produced a couple of years ago, and covers firmware updating etc

MEGA

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE FOR EUROPE, NOT ROW OR NA and I cannot help with questions about where to find them.

I recommend using JDownloader to grab the links and WinRAR for extracting the archives when finished downloading. If you hit the download limit from Mega and don't want to pay for premium downloads I can recommend using the Opera browser, which has a built in VPN tool so all you need to do is switch location and it will allow you to continue downloading. You do lose the option to use JDownloader if you go that route.

These files are from a variety of sources, so credit due to all those who compile and make available :grin2:

Cheers

Adrian
What about 0263 version ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just Updated my friends mmi 3g high from 0253to 0257_d6. The install went fine and everything is working except the indoor temperature reading on the mmi screen. it just says "LO". anyone have a solution for his? itwas working fine before the update.

·
Registered
A8 2015
121 Posts
Dear forumers!
Please tell me somebody, what is the difference between two firmware?
Hnav_EU_K0257_6_D1
Hnav_EU_K0257_6_D2
The original 3G map 'activator' was packaged as an MMI firmware update; It worked by just adding/changing one file of the MMI file system. [Subsequent activators are script files which do more work].
If you applied the original activator, you changed the firmware level from whatever was installed to "HNAV_EU_K0257_6_D2".
Systems with the _D1 level are at K0257_6 and haven't had the original activator applied; systems with _D2 HAVE had the activator applied but MAY NOT BE at level K0257 :cautious:

J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

For the life of me I am unable to grasp this firmware update. I'm from South Africa and our dealers have no clue how to do this. So I am on my own.

I have a 2012 S5 Cab. With software version HNAV_EU_P0072_D1 , I have downloaded all the files and written the first file on a SD card. When I go into the settings to update the first file, system is saying no update file found.

Question, because I am in SA, I only want to update firmware. What I understand is you need to do it one at a time. Can I do it with a 16gig SD card. Do the first one, load the second file and so forth. Is that OK?

Also I have tried everything to get to the green screen, and nothing seems to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

521 - 540 of 552 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.