Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

501 - 509 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a HNav_EU_K0257_5_D1 and I tried to update the map to 6.29.1. During the process I got some irregularities and at the end a problem with the activator. So, I need a little help I guess....

What happened.
  • I did not update the firmware to 257_6, I directly went to updating the map (should work with 257_5 I thought)
  • I did not erase old map data, I have HDD, so space enough was my guess.
  • No B&O, so I did not need to do a manual selection, I took the easy route
  • Green menu was already working on my car.
  • During the update, I got a failure "Failure code 160 on database Lit:0" and then also for Lit2:0 and Lit3:0 (same error code : 160). I ignored the error and continued.
  • after about 2 hours, it finished. I bought a very fast SD card for this (633x), so be prepared to wait!
  • I tried to use the activator but I cannot get the engineering menu to recognize the SD card I think. I already tried 2 cards, formatted them as Fat32 (on windows) and I tried 2 different activators that I found. But I keep getting the error: "the version description cannot be read", the same as when I try to read from empty sd slot2. So I think it just does not see the card. Putting a music card back, plays it perfectly, so SD hardware is working fine.
Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? Why does it not see my SD card? Which activator should I use? (anyone got a link? note the broken download link in the startpost of this topic)

If someone can comment on the lit, lit2 and lit3 errors, that would be great as well....

thanks!

edit: updating firmware tot 257_6 did not fix it. Took about 10 minutes to install. Also tried the activator on the same 32G SD card as the firmware update was on, but same problem.
edit: just noted that 6.30.1 is out as well.... Im going to give it try!

edit2: in the 6.30.1 that I found, the instructions are for HNav/3G systems to remove the LIT3GP1-4 folders to get it to fit a 32G SD card. There are also LIT1-4 folder present (to be removed for 3GP systems). So I guess that in my 6.29.1 version, the (normal 3G) LIT folder were removed, to fit an SD card for a 3GP system. I am also guessing that failing to install the LIT databases, causes the activator to not run. I found a log file of the activator SD card and it it read: "01/01/1970 00:01:54 - The activation token is not found, please refer to the instructions.". So I am now installing the 6.30.1 version.

So lessons learned: If you are trying to install the 6.29.1 version, check presence of pkgdb/LIT folders (not LIT3GP). There are versions around without these and they only install on a 3GP system, not the 3G (HNav).

Edit3: YES, got 6.30.1 working! Took about 2:45 to install the map. Somehow I did not need the activator...... maybe previous owner of my car already did that in the past? Firmware was K version, so it has been updated before me.... Works perfectly now!

Ow, and the battery of the car does not do 2 updates after each other and some in between hassling with sd cards (> 6 hours). I wasn't able to start the car anymore because of the battery being too low..... simple problem to solve, though be warned if you start fooling around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I did the first custom update without a problem as I have the Bose system but on the second firmware update I cant deselect the Bose option it wont take a tick out of the box even when I drill into each section. I selected user defined mode from the green menu.
Not sure what to try to deselect the option.

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi
I did the first custom update without a problem as I have the Bose system but on the second firmware update I cant deselect the Bose option it wont take a tick out of the box even when I drill into each section. I selected user defined mode from the green menu.
Not sure what to try to deselect the option.

Cheers
Hn+ ? If yes on the first page you have the firmware That already do not hane bose update.
So nothing to do ! Just use this firmware and install it in standart mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hn+ ? If yes on the first page you have the firmware That already do not hane bose update.
So nothing to do ! Just use this firmware and install it in standart mode.
Not sure what you mean by HN+ It's a MMI 3G High and bose-q7 is selected as in the pictures the car is a Q7, concerned if I continue I'll get problems. It just won't allow me to take the tick out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Firmware, in order:

0031_3 - MEGA
0206_3 - MEGA
0253 - MEGA
0257_6 - MEGA

Firmware, full package to 0257_6:

MEGA

There is unlikely to be any further firmware update for 3G from Audi so if you've updated to 0257_5 or 0257_6 you won't need to do it again.

If you don't have/can't get access to VCDS and need to activate the green menu you can use the following script from Congo's 3G+ thread [ Green menu activation ]

1. Unzip and copy to SD card.
2. Put the SD card in the MMI.
3. When prompted press the center knob.
4. After the script is done you will see confirmation screen.
5. Remove the SD card and reboot MMI

I haven't used it, but it appears plenty have :)

2017 maps version 6.24.2 and FSC activator - PLEASE NOTE - this package is ONLY suitable for 3G and not 3G+/3GP so if your firmware version doesn't match the style indicated in the instructions do not bother downloading this file, as it's been cut down to make the download smaller and so it'll fit on a 32GB SD card without issues.

MEGA

There are 2 folders - 1 contains the map files and the other the activator - they need to be copied to separate SD cards.

For facelift cars with 3G+/3GP see this thread for correct links - don't muddle them up as it doesn't go well.....

MMI 3G+/3GP navigation 6.24.2 and firmware updates -...

Update instruction guide below - this one is a better layout than the one I produced a couple of years ago, and covers firmware updating etc

MEGA

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE FOR EUROPE, NOT ROW OR NA and I cannot help with questions about where to find them.

I recommend using JDownloader to grab the links and WinRAR for extracting the archives when finished downloading. If you hit the download limit from Mega and don't want to pay for premium downloads I can recommend using the Opera browser, which has a built in VPN tool so all you need to do is switch location and it will allow you to continue downloading. You do lose the option to use JDownloader if you go that route.

These files are from a variety of sources, so credit due to all those who compile and make available :grin2:

Cheers

Adrian
Has a newer map version been released yet?

·
Registered
162 Posts

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

501 - 509 of 509 Posts