Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

481 - 500 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
And there I was thinking this firmware update would be a piece of cake, having done much the same thing dozens of times on older MMI2G High systems

Evidently not, though :'(

Is it possible that trying to update 3G_0031 using a 64 GB SD card formatted FAT32 could be a complete deal breaker simply on account of the size of the card?

I can start the update process and metainfo2.txt in the root of the card behaves exactly as it should, but as soon as I move on to initiate the upload process, the first system reboot takes place, and THEN I get "unable to read metainfo error code 00"

This happens whether I try to go to 0031 (shows no updates needed), 0206, or 0257_6. All of them behave quite normally at the initial stage, and indicate modules that do or do not require update, exactly as would be expected. Every time though I end up having to abort the process

If I look at the SD card info in the green menu it is showing the card is there, but the system cannot identify it completely

Should I just run out tomorrow and buy a smaller card?

There has been mention some time ago back in this thread that 64GB cards "need to be formatted in a particular way" but I assumed that just meant using the appropriate software to convert them to FAT32 (which I have done using EaseUS Partition Master). Is there something else required?

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
typical SD card screenshot. 0031 in this case, but all versions attempted have been unpacked to root in the same manner with similar results
MMI3G FW Unpacked.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Put smaller sd hc 8 or 16gb card class 10 and format it in fat32 with 16kb cluster size. DO NOT USE microSD with adapter. If problem persists then try sd slot 2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
I have Audi A6 c6 4f, 2010, with:
Hnav_EU_K0206_3_D1
Version Navi-DB: 8R0060884N ECE 5.12.5.
After downloading firmware 0257_6, I extract files and shift to SD card 32gb formated to FAT32. I did everything as instructed but sd slot 1 or sd 2 cant recognized the update.
Can anyone help me install the new firmware??
(no Bosse sound system)
Thank you in advance!!
IMG_20191013_135033.jpg
IMG_20191013_134915.jpg
IMG-c6f30fe625e7aa92582a2fc30986bdda-V.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Micro SD is no good in most cases. Get standard SD HC card and then it should be fine.
I assume that you know how to perform firmware or map update?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought today an SDHC card...... but nothing, it's all the same.
I did everything as directed, at least I think so, but is something wrong ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used regular mmi update menu.😏That was the problem.
Thanks a lot bpodnar!.... the firmware was updated successfully!!(y)
I'm going to install maps of Europe 6.29.1 tomorrow, so I wonder if the ignition needs to be ON all the time, or is it just enough to be the key in the lock?
Of course, daylight OFF, air conditioning OFF, ….
Thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
I turn on the engine, went into the green menu, twice .... Then, I inserted a SDHC card with maps, and installation started.
The first folder XAC: 0 was downloaded up to 96% and then an error 141 occurred.
What should I do now??
IMG-d133553dda5321de13d0590de114e585-V.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Retry. If other errors occures then cancel all unsuccesfull update and start all over again.

Be assured that you took out other sd card or dvd if there is any left inserted

You can try sd2 slot also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today I clicked cancel and the download continued normally....
However, was not sure if it would work after 3 hours, or I would have to do everything again because of this error... then I stopped process.
Will the maps work with this error as well?
Should I click 'retry' if the error occurs again, or cancel?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Today I clicked cancel and the download continued normally....
However, was not sure if it would work after 3 hours, or I would have to do everything again because of this error... then I stopped process.
Will the maps work with this error as well?
Should I click 'retry' if the error occurs again, or cancel?
Perform update again, MMI will choose things which needs update by itself.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If theres no map showing map is not installed then. This is update menu where you choose options for update. First you have to enter Green menu under swdl and tick user defined mode, exit with Radio key, enter update menu, insert sd card with map, choose sd slot where map is, choose User defined mode, enter Audi MMI ECE where question Mark is on the right, enter every option and tick under Aplication, bootloader leave empty, go back to main update screen and you can see now letter Y on the right of Audi mmi ECE, scroll down and start update and thats it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed the maps and activator finally.... Navigation work perfectly!
Thank you so much bpodnar!!
Pozdrav za lijepu Hrvatsku🍷

481 - 500 of 500 Posts