·
Registered
6 Posts
Firmware, in order:

0031_3 -
0206_3 -
0253 -
0257_6 -

Quick question guys, I believe I'm on 0098 at the min (SW version is 3G_DAB_K0098) - do I have to go through each firmware update in order to get it to 0257 (eg do it 4 times), or can I just go straight to 0257?

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quick question guys, I believe I'm on 0098 at the min (SW version is 3G_DAB_K0098) - do I have to go through each firmware update in order to get it to 0257 (eg do it 4 times), or can I just go straight to 0257?

Cheers
Hi I seem to remember that you can go straight to the last update but can't remember where I saw it.

The 1st post in the main thread https://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/169734-mmi-3g-navigation-6-a.html gives a link to the installation instructions, well worth a look before doing any upgrading but if you're still not sure best to be safe than sorry and go through each one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Post 447

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Before I pull the trigger on the firmware and map updates, could anyone confirm the correct upgrade path from BNav_EU_P0054_D1...

Specifically I’m uncertain if I should upgrade straight to K_0257 or start with an earlier release?

Some have mentioned earlier in the topic that K_0257 is a cumulative update and fine to do first, others have suggested that upgrading firmwares consecutively from the earliest to the latest is the correct method.

If anyone could clarify it would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,517 Posts
Before I pull the trigger on the firmware and map updates, could anyone confirm the correct upgrade path from BNav_EU_P0054_D1...
you are in the wrong topic, as this one is voor HNav and you are BNav

Reactions: A5MAD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I am a new Audi A5 owner looking to update my MMI, I have looked through a lot of threads but have been unable to find what version my MMI is. The control unit has the joystick on the centre button and jukebox is an available option in media.

Please can someone help me with an identification.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post to the group having just bought a 2010 Audi A Sportback 3.0TDI S-Line Quattro

I am looking into updating the firmware and the maps, and i have a couple of questions which have been answered at points in the topic which i have read but its just for my clarification.

1. I have the firmware and maps listed in the pic (HNav_EU_P0022_D1) could i update to 0257_6 straight away or should i go through the individual firmwares?

2. I have a pre facelift a5 with a Bang&O sound system. Do i need to do the user defined, green menu update to avoid risking sound issues or could i just do std install?

3. The maps again i will be installing 6.28.2 and was wondering do i need to install a prior version and use the earlier activator, or just install the map and use the earlier activator :)

I have VCDS and using that isnt an issue :)

Many Thanks
Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post to the group having just bought a 2010 Audi A Sportback 3.0TDI S-Line Quattro

I am looking into updating the firmware and the maps, and i have a couple of questions which have been answered at points in the topic which i have read but its just for my clarification.

1. I have the firmware and maps listed in the pic (HNav_EU_P0022_D1) could i update to 0257_6 straight away or should i go through the individual firmwares?

2. I have a pre facelift a5 with a Bang&O sound system. Do i need to do the user defined, green menu update to avoid risking sound issues or could i just do std install?

3. The maps again i will be installing 6.28.2 and was wondering do i need to install a prior version and use the earlier activator, or just install the map and use the earlier activator :)

I have VCDS and using that isnt an issue :)

Many Thanks
Carl
1. You can install K0257_6 straight away
2. Bose sound system can cause problems on 3g+, I haven't heard someone had problems with B&O
3. Just install 6.28.2 and use script Activator for 2018. FSC activator sometimes doesnt work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

I love the instructions, followed them.. mostly. I looked at the Bose components (Specifically, 8RQ or 8RY) and I looked at my options list and went "Well, I've got Bose, but neither of those are mine, so off we go!" and pushed the lot down, and, lo and behold I've broken my Bose, fader issue as described both in the instructions and elsewhere on the internet.

Finding this post:

www vwaudiforum co uk forum showthread.php/173806-Issue-Bose-Fade-Balance-not-working-correctly-after-MMI-firmware-update

Seems to indicate that rolling back to 8R0906961AM - K_485 EU and then up to 8R0906961BM - K_0518 and then onto 0942 I assume? (While this time deselecting Bose!) will get everything back in line.

Has anyone done that before? Will this work? Does anyone have copies of these older firmwares so that I can try to get my stereo working as it should?

Thanks,

Berny

·
Registered
161 Posts
You have to parametrize Bose component using zdc file using vagcanpro. That's it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have VCP. If it's not possible to be done without it, I'd rather give the dealer 180 to fix the issue, than buy VCP adapter and software which will cost me 600.

I'm under the impression given the link that I posted that I should be able to rollback the upgrade and then roll forward again, but I will need the older firmwares and I would like to confirm if it's possible.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's enough to have vcp 5.5.1 with USB key which cost 14 usd on aliexpress but it's up to You

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's enough to have vcp 5.5.1 with USB key which cost 14 usd on aliexpress but it's up to You

Are you sure about that? One of my friends tried to upload zdc for B&O on A4 B8 2008 and he could not do it. Then he got original vcp and have done it successfully.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Even though worth to try for 14 usd before paying 180 at dealer, many people did it successful with Bose on vcp clone

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up paying someone to do the zdc download and they also had 2018 Rest of the World maps which I couldn't find. So it's all sorted now. I think it sounds better now than it did when I was on production firmware.... These instructions to not do the Bose and DSP updates, I think we should figure out a way to do it without the VCP cable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On Audi Q5 with Hnav firmware is updated to the latest version, map updated to the latest version but when I activate with script after 3 minutes on display shows that navigation data is blocked.

I have tried every possible activator bit without success, navigation data is blocked!!!

Any hint?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I recently got a 2009 Audi A6 Avant and am considering updating the MMI software as per these instructions. The current software version is: HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1. I'm a bit nervous about breaking it and have a few questions if anyone is able to help?

1) The reason I would like to update is that the MMI is a bit unstable and sometimes crashes or doesn't come on with startup unless I do a forced reboot. Is a software update likely to resolve these issues? What is the main reason people want to update their MMI software?

2) I believe the AMI socket was fitted after market by the previous owner, is this likely to be an issue or cause any complications?

3) Am I right in thinking I can go straight to the latest firmware - I.e. I just need to download "0257_6.rar" from the links and install that and I don't need the intermediate updates in the "full package" link?

4) I have Bose speakers - is it correct that I should follow the steps in the pdf to exclude these from the update using the green menu? (I've checked and I do have access to the green menu already)

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I recently got a 2009 Audi A6 Avant and am considering updating the MMI software as per these instructions. The current software version is: HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1. I'm a bit nervous about breaking it and have a few questions if anyone is able to help?

1) The reason I would like to update is that the MMI is a bit unstable and sometimes crashes or doesn't come on with startup unless I do a forced reboot. Is a software update likely to resolve these issues? What is the main reason people want to update their MMI software?

2) I believe the AMI socket was fitted after market by the previous owner, is this likely to be an issue or cause any complications?

3) Am I right in thinking I can go straight to the latest firmware - I.e. I just need to download "0257_6.rar" from the links and install that and I don't need the intermediate updates in the "full package" link?

4) I have Bose speakers - is it correct that I should follow the steps in the pdf to exclude these from the update using the green menu? (I've checked and I do have access to the green menu already)

Many thanks in advance!
In case this helps anyone else - I did go ahead and update the firmware.

I originally had HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1 and updated straight to 0257_6 (I didn't install in steps). It took 30 minutes.

I updated in User Defined Mode (after turning on in green menu) to try and exclude Bose components but there wasn't any modules labelled "Bose". There was one module labelled "DSP_G3_C6" which I think might be the Bose module, but this was set to "N" already, so I just continued without changing anything.

I then re-enabled the green menu with the script from the original post.

All went fine and it does seem to have fixed the issue with the MMI intermittently crashing.

Many thanks to the OP and all those that contributed!

461 - 480 of 509 Posts