Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

For the life of me I am unable to grasp this firmware update. I'm from South Africa and our dealers have no clue how to do this. So I am on my own.

I have a 2012 S5 Cab. With software version HNAV_EU_P0072_D1 , I have downloaded all the files and written the first file on a SD card. When I go into the settings to update the first file, system is saying no update file found.

Question, because I am in SA, I only want to update firmware. What I understand is you need to do it one at a time. Can I do it with a 16gig SD card. Do the first one, load the second file and so forth. Is that OK?

Also I have tried everything to get to the green screen, and nothing seems to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Saffa S5
If you're at version P0072, you only need to download K0206, K0253 & K0257-6.

These are RAR files; you need to use WINRAR to expand them to their folders on a Windows PC.

206 will expand to Folders 1, 2, 3 and Metainfo2.txt
253 will expand to many folders and Metainfo2.txt
257 will expand to many folders and metainfo2.txt

These folder sets are 713MB, 556MB & 867MB; you copy them to a blank SD card formatted as FAT32 and install them one at a time, so they easily fit on any SD card bigger than 1 GB.

You have to install via the Red Engineering Menu; I expeou ct they will take about 15-20 mins for each update.

You don't need the Green Engineering menu to install firmware; if you do need it later, it has to be activated by VCDS or an appropriate script file.
Thank you for the speedy reply. How do I get to the Red Engineering Menu? Also they say you need to watch out what system you have. How do I know if I have a Bose or B&O?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.