Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
And there I was thinking this firmware update would be a piece of cake, having done much the same thing dozens of times on older MMI2G High systems

Evidently not, though :'(

Is it possible that trying to update 3G_0031 using a 64 GB SD card formatted FAT32 could be a complete deal breaker simply on account of the size of the card?

I can start the update process and metainfo2.txt in the root of the card behaves exactly as it should, but as soon as I move on to initiate the upload process, the first system reboot takes place, and THEN I get "unable to read metainfo error code 00"

This happens whether I try to go to 0031 (shows no updates needed), 0206, or 0257_6. All of them behave quite normally at the initial stage, and indicate modules that do or do not require update, exactly as would be expected. Every time though I end up having to abort the process

If I look at the SD card info in the green menu it is showing the card is there, but the system cannot identify it completely

Should I just run out tomorrow and buy a smaller card?

There has been mention some time ago back in this thread that 64GB cards "need to be formatted in a particular way" but I assumed that just meant using the appropriate software to convert them to FAT32 (which I have done using EaseUS Partition Master). Is there something else required?

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
typical SD card screenshot. 0031 in this case, but all versions attempted have been unpacked to root in the same manner with similar results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.