Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Adrian, do you have any idea when the 2016 maps will be live? I'm currently mapless as deleted my old partition ready to install the 2015 pack, but am now holding off installing them as I might as well go straight to 2016.

If there is going to be a long delay I'll go ahead and install the 2015 pack and update again later...

· Registered
82 Posts
in Adrian's excellent pdf, it says to delete the old maps, before installing new ones.
mine have been updated now 3 times, and the old maps have never been deleted separately, as suggested by Adrian's pdf.

I would say that the manual deletion of old maps is only really necessary, when the installation fails, for some reason.

in the file MMI3G - metainfo2.txt it says for every folder: DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true", which explains it for me :)
Thanks for that, but unfortunatley I had really old firmware and map files - this meant I lost access to the maps when I put the later firmware on anyway.

· Registered
82 Posts
I'm all updated to the 2016 maps and latest firmware. I came from a very old version indeed, but everything went exactly as described in Adrian's write up.

Firstly I feel I have to say a huge thanks to Adrian. The guide he has created is very well written, very detailed - yet easy to understand. Without this guide it would be impossible to have completed this upgrade without Audi's assistance. I used the firmware upgrades from Adrian's link and can vouch they work 100%. Thanks again Adrian – good work :2thumbsup:

Secondly I'd like to thank Congo. While waiting for the 2016 maps to be uploaded I was given an alternate link by Congo. These maps downloaded very quickly and worked 100% - thanks very much!

On my car the 2016 maps took around 2 hours 20 minutes to install using a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Class 10 90Mbps memory card. I ran the update off the battery, but only because I know it's 100%. As has been stated previously (and as Leeful found out!) it isn't guaranteed the battery will last that long!

Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.