Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,658 Posts
Hi Adrian,

Are you able to advise if these will work for 3G Plus MMI?

Also, would you be able to advise the firmware versions that are linked so that we know whether we need to update those or not. Eg, my firmware were updated in Dec 2015, and could be the latest already.

I haven't read the attachment yet, so apologies if the answers to above are already addressed in it.

And thanks for sharing.

· Registered
4,658 Posts
I'm pretty sure these are 3G only. The map downloads are optimised for to fit on 32GB SD cards and usually have some directories relating to 3G+ files removed. Quite often its some of the LIT3GP directories. Also the activator for 2016 maps for 3G+ is not widely available.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I shall watch this space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,658 Posts
Glad you got updated @Matthew Borrett. Got to take myself the next step up to 257_6_D2 and the 2016 maps when I get another spare 4 hours....

How do you find the Carista + wifi OBD2? I presume it is this from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/?tag=carista-21

From you saying you are getting a VCDS to clear the codes I'm guessing it can't do that, so what does it do? I'd prefer to be able to use my phone/iPad to scan and tinker without having to run a virtual windows machine on my Mac laptop and drag that out to the car.

Richard - Carista can read and clear fault codes, enable the hidden menu and enable a selection of programmable features (eg beep tone on lock/unlock etc.). It does not allow access to change the raw coding like VCDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.