Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 570 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Firmware:
Linkcrypt.ws // Key-Captcha

Mega firmware:
https://mega.nz/#F!BdV1FADa!M35If02OSTILODgcBLVvvw

The firmware package currently contains versions:

0031_3
0206_3
0257_5

There is 0257_6 available, and the package will be updated to this version (replacing 0257_5) after I've got the map uploaded. _6 is not necessary to run the maps and I gather it is only a small update compared to _5 if you're already there. There is unlikely to be any further firmware update for 3G from Audi.

2016 maps version 6.22.4

link removed

Update instruction guide attached (pdf) from 2015 - nothing changes apart from the map version information

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE FOR EUROPE, NOT ROW OR NA

I recommend using JDownloader to grab the links and WinRAR for extracting the archives when finished downloading.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Hi Adrian,

Are you able to advise if these will work for 3G Plus MMI?

Also, would you be able to advise the firmware versions that are linked so that we know whether we need to update those or not. Eg, my firmware were updated in Dec 2015, and could be the latest already.

I haven't read the attachment yet, so apologies if the answers to above are already addressed in it.

And thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm pretty sure these are 3G only. The map downloads are optimised for to fit on 32GB SD cards and usually have some directories relating to 3G+ files removed. Quite often its some of the LIT3GP directories. Also the activator for 2016 maps for 3G+ is not widely available.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'm pretty sure these are 3G only. The map downloads are optimised for to fit on 32GB SD cards and usually have some directories relating to 3G+ files removed. Quite often its some of the LIT3GP directories. Also the activator for 2016 maps for 3G+ is not widely available.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I shall watch this space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Hi Adrian,

Are you able to advise if these will work for 3G Plus MMI?

Also, would you be able to advise the firmware versions that are linked so that we know whether we need to update those or not. Eg, my firmware were updated in Dec 2015, and could be the latest already.

I haven't read the attachment yet, so apologies if the answers to above are already addressed in it.

And thanks for sharing.
Map will work on 3GP, but the activator is paid for 2016.
The free version is only for 2015 (carson)

Map will fit on 32GB SD Hama formatted in FAT32

:thumbsup: Adrian E :wink2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've updated the OP to include the firmware levels included - this will be updated as mentioned, once the map file is done.

This thread will only cover 3G - 3GP I have no knowledge of at all, since I don't have it. I'm happy if there's discussion of options and if anyone has access to the firmware, instructions for updating, and details of reasonably priced/free activation for 2016 versions for 3GP then crack on, either in this thread or start a new one and I'll sticky it :)

Similarly 3G Basic/BNav let's keep separate as it gets confusing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've updated the OP to include the firmware levels included - this will be updated as mentioned, once the map file is done.

This thread will only cover 3G - 3GP I have no knowledge of at all, since I don't have it. I'm happy if there's discussion of options and if anyone has access to the firmware, instructions for updating, and details of reasonably priced/free activation for 2016 versions for 3GP then crack on, either in this thread or start a new one and I'll sticky it :)

Similarly 3G Basic/BNav let's keep separate as it gets confusing!
Ok found the thread for the 2016 maps:smile2:

still have a couple of questions which I hope someone can help me (a newbie) with, they are as follows:

I assume that this will work for my AudiA5 2010 2.0 TDI

Software version: HNav_EU_K0206_3_D1

Nav.database version: 8R0060884R ECE 5.11.7

to be on the safe side I think I'm going to download the Firmware files again and then the 2016 maps once the link is available :wink2:

So my final question is in respect to unzipped the files. Do I just drop each of the folders onto the SD card (ie Audi MMI 3G HDD 2015.part01) or do I need to copy the files over at the lower folder level (ie 8R0060884CH and Activation_3GHi_2015_6.20.4)?

I would like to personally thanks both Adrian and Congo for all the effort put into this as from what I can tell its save a lot of people some serious dosh :)

Cheers
Matt

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
@Matthew Borrett
You have to put on the SD the files that are in the archive.
Usually they are 2 to 5 folders with names [1],[2],[3],[MU9307],[MU9308] and one file "metainfo2.txt". For the activator is the same but there is only one folder called FSC and one file "metainfo2.txt".
Use general purpose SD cards up to class 10, do not use Mac to white the cards. It might work for the software upgrade but it wont work for the map.
If your map version is older that 2015 reported as 8R0051884CH (6.20.4 2015) you will need to delete the NAV partition first. (Found this on the internet https://cloud.mail.ru/public/LPgx/3yppZ6MFE could help)
Keep in mind that the process will take some time. Around 1 hour for one software update.
Here is the duration's of the operations for the MAP install. Total time for the MAP ~ 3 hours, can be 2.5h if you are upgateing from 2015-2016
GDB - 18min [2gb]
GDB2 - 9min [970mb]
LABEL - 0min [2kb]
LIT - 18min [2gb]
LIT2 - 18min [2gb]
LIT3 - 5min [585mb]
SDS - 2min [210mb]
TMC - 0min [6mb]
XAC - 18min [2gb]
XAC2 - 12min [1.26gb]
CTY - 18min [2gb]
CTY2 - 18min [2gb]
CTY3 - 2min [180m]
PIT - 0min [7mb]
TER - 18min [2gb]
TER2 - 2min [204mb]
PKG - 0min
ECE - 0min

·
Registered
21 Posts
@congo

Thanks for the information :) Ok so the first hurdle I need to overcome is to write the files to SD on a PC, as I only have MAC's (iMac, Macbook Air) Do you know if I will get the same problem if I write them via Boot camp?

Cheers
Matt

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
there is software that gets rid off the typical OS X files.
I use Eject for Windows.

Eject for Windows

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Blimey, that guide I wrote turns up all over the place! Or bits of it anyway lol

That's within the pdf in post #1

Did notice that extract in congo's post seemed to contain a extract of your guide ( recognised the hand lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Adrian, do you have any idea when the 2016 maps will be live? I'm currently mapless as deleted my old partition ready to install the 2015 pack, but am now holding off installing them as I might as well go straight to 2016.

If there is going to be a long delay I'll go ahead and install the 2015 pack and update again later...

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
I'm currently mapless as deleted my old partition
in Adrian's excellent pdf, it says to delete the old maps, before installing new ones.
mine have been updated now 3 times, and the old maps have never been deleted separately, as suggested by Adrian's pdf.

I would say that the manual deletion of old maps is only really necessary, when the installation fails, for some reason.

in the file MMI3G - metainfo2.txt it says for every folder: DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true", which explains it for me :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
in Adrian's excellent pdf, it says to delete the old maps, before installing new ones.
mine have been updated now 3 times, and the old maps have never been deleted separately, as suggested by Adrian's pdf.

I would say that the manual deletion of old maps is only really necessary, when the installation fails, for some reason.

in the file MMI3G - metainfo2.txt it says for every folder: DeleteDestinationDirBeforeCopy = "true", which explains it for me :)
Thanks for that, but unfortunatley I had really old firmware and map files - this meant I lost access to the maps when I put the later firmware on anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The reason for recommending deleting the partition is that many pre-2010 vehicles left the factory with any inadequately sized nav partition, so after updating the firmware it resets the partition size to make sure you don't get the failed install message. It shouldn't be necessary to do it after the firmware has been updated to the current level, so maybe it's something I need to revisit in the guide.

I think I caveat it a bit in the guide, but I did delete as a belt and braces approach and didn't suffer any problems. Also figured it might get around the need on earlier cars to go into the green menu and change all the values by 1 to get around the 'invalid dataset' message, although not tried it on an older car to see if that actually works! Original 2009 firmware versions would be ideal guinea pigs.

2 of 8 parts have uploaded so far (they're 2.5GB each) but I left it running this morning and either it's taking ages or the upload has stopped and I won't know till I get home.....it shouldn't take 'that' long to upload, given the hassle of doing the install. I'd wait a day or two rather than running the update twice in quick succession

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3 of 8 parts now up - it's uploading at about 380KB/s......

Will leave PC on until it's done

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm all updated to the 2016 maps and latest firmware. I came from a very old version indeed, but everything went exactly as described in Adrian's write up.

Firstly I feel I have to say a huge thanks to Adrian. The guide he has created is very well written, very detailed - yet easy to understand. Without this guide it would be impossible to have completed this upgrade without Audi's assistance. I used the firmware upgrades from Adrian's link and can vouch they work 100%. Thanks again Adrian – good work :2thumbsup:

Secondly I'd like to thank Congo. While waiting for the 2016 maps to be uploaded I was given an alternate link by Congo. These maps downloaded very quickly and worked 100% - thanks very much!

On my car the 2016 maps took around 2 hours 20 minutes to install using a 32GB SanDisk Extreme Class 10 90Mbps memory card. I ran the update off the battery, but only because I know it's 100%. As has been stated previously (and as Leeful found out!) it isn't guaranteed the battery will last that long!

Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
as you can see from the pics, I am also completely up-to-date :)
been in the car for just over 2 1/2 hours, with the engine running, as my battery-indicator dropped one block, only from updating from Hnav_EU_K0257_5_D1 to Hnav_EU_K0257_6_D1
after updating the maps, I now have Hnav_EU_K0257_6_D2

as you can see from the screen shot of my laptop, I deleted all LIT3GP-files. which brings the total space on the SD-card just under 25 GB.

all in all, quite an experience, especially with the fantastic pdf from Adrian.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 570 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.